The Witcher at Games Convention 2007

+
The Witcher at Games Convention 2007

With the upcoming Games Convention in Leipzig just around the corner, in the name of the whole CD Projekt RED development team, we would like to take the opportunity to invite
you to visit us at this huge event. If you do have the opportunity to be there, please come by our joint booth with Atari situated in Hall 2, stand no. E02. We’ll be showing the full intro to the
game by Bagiński in a specially designed cinema and we’ll have 16 computer hands-on stations with a Beta version of “The Witcher” all ready for your enjoyment! Hope to
see you there!

as much as I would like to be there, will the footage be made available to the general public ?or more important than the intro (although I'm sure it's spectacular) would be a good-quality gameplay video !anyways, I wish you the best of luck on the convention. you will see, it's insane there.

mothra said:
as much as I would like to be there, will the footage be made available to the general public ?
Yep:)
or more important than the intro (although I'm sure it's spectacular) would be a good-quality gameplay video !anyways, I wish you the best of luck on the convention. you will see, it's insane there.
We know - we're there every year:D

We know - we're there every year:D
But this year you´ll show your own game at GC - that´s a whole lot different, i think.Last year you guys were only in the business center, i remember the hanged elves... ;)

btw, a guy posted here that he played witcher on another convention in ... indianapolis, i think.so then I browsed googlevideo and youtube and you know what i found .... NOTHING.this game is seriously UNDERhyped. there should be gameplayvideos with shaken handcam popping up allover the net. get your PRguys together and do something pls. I want this game to be big in all of the world, notonly europe. I hope that the Leipzig gaming convention will give Witcher an real PUSH forward and createa little more anticipation. I dread the legions of trolls and grievers we could get on the board, but seriously, I fearthe Witcher gets overlooked in the blockbuster stuffed end of summer.

Hope to see your footage from GC all over the web. It would be really nice to see that playable beta around too but that may be a little too much to ask:)Best of luck to you all over there!

btw... is it allowed to make pictures of the witcher cinema? Just this cinema, no hidden snapshots of the promotional video stuff *promise* ;D

mothra said:
btw, a guy posted here that he played witcher on another convention in ... indianapolis, i think.so then I browsed googlevideo and youtube and you know what i found .... NOTHING.this game is seriously UNDERhyped. there should be gameplayvideos with shaken handcam popping up allover the net. get your PRguys together and do something pls. I want this game to be big in all of the world, notonly europe. I hope that the Leipzig gaming convention will give Witcher an real PUSH forward and createa little more anticipation. I dread the legions of trolls and grievers we could get on the board, but seriously, I fearthe Witcher gets overlooked in the blockbuster stuffed end of summer.
You're right mothra, GC is Witcher's last moment to draw attention of those, who are still unaware of its release in October. Look at the Bioshock's hype - Irrational guys did the job outstandingly, for the last two weeks Bioshock was in the first places at Gamespot rankings (today's 1st in overall, and 1st in PC). And where is Witcher? 783 in overall, 252 in PC.I don't take too seriously those rankings (while looking at "similar games" section, I see titles like Loki, Sacred 2 or Fable :p), however there's no need to be a prophet, to see that without ANY hype, there will be no anticipation. And without anticipation, game may end as a great but also greatly underrated title.Still there is a hope, that from GC till release date, situation will get much, much better.

It`s my first post on the forum so I take the opportunity to say hello to everybody. Indeed, I think "The Witcher" is not very well known. On the Gamespot forums, when I post a replay that I hope that The Witcher will be The Game of The Year, people start to ask: "What exactly is The Witcher? Is that new Harry Potter Game?" So The Game Convention is the last chance to make this game as popular as it deservs...By the way, in the Romanian Magazine "PC GAMES" it was published this mounth a preview on The Witcher. Anyone interested?

AdrianXII said:
when I post a replay that I hope that The Witcher will be The Game of The Year, people start to ask: "What exactly is The Witcher? Is that new Harry Potter Game?"
Someone else mentioned this before (sorry, I cannot recall who it was, but Kudos to you!), but I sure would love the "Kill Harry Potter secret level" in the Witcher! ;D

What happened with The Witcher? Our preferate game didn`t appear on the list of nominees from this year's Game Convention.

That's why that gameplay video is / was reserved for the press poeple and isn't officially permitted to release. It seems some sort of nerd has filmed it during the presentation to expose it on Youtube, etc. :-\

well, it's the PRs fault if bad videos get released, you can't prevent it so you have to be quicker and give the fans good quality clips so they forget youtube. but since only Gametrailers has a few better quality vids it's a chance lost for CDproj.

http://youtube.com/LordDoomsdayHere you can watch the Trailer and the combat Movie with official permission .I've got the permission from Lucasz (The Witcher PR Manager) and ATARI Germany ;)The show at the GC was great (but the Beer was better ;D )

Top Bottom