The Witcher books (NO SPOILERS)

+
Absolutely! I'm actually rather surprised that it took so long .. the Hungarian publishing schedule was far ahead of the English for a long time. I wonder what happened ?

I can say French's translation by Laurence Dièvre in Fantasy Pocket edition is very good, probably better than the English ones. I had the chance to buy it in a library. 7 books, first tome is "The Last Wish" (Le Dernier Vœu), second "The Sword of Destiny" (L’Épée de la Providence). The covers are from CD Project.

The 4 last ones were translated by Caroline Raszka-Dewez

@ all Australians - book depository because 1) they have all the books available and the preorders, 2) SHIPPING IS FREE, which is important for Australian witcher fans who want to upgrade their rig for tw3 AND read the books at the same time.

my 5 cents.

(I'm confused why the French translator chose the word 'L’Épée' since that is a specific type of sword that only has one sharp edge...? unless there is a meaning in French I am missing. Off topic, I'm sorry).

In French, "épée" is the general term for sword. There also happens to be the fencing épée which is typically distinguished by context

The Witcher Books (Help, no Spoilers)

Hello poeple. I'm reading the books and buying them is more complicated then I thought (at least the english version where I live).[I'm buying them online]

You see, there's these different versions of the books, and the sellers usually announce them as the same.

The Sword of Destiny...........................The Last Wish

These are different formats of the witcher books.

The blue one has a better quality paper and cover, and different drawning, size and page number.

The red one has pages that resemble newspaper quality paper, and thin cover.

These are both announced as Paperback books. But the red one is actually Mass Market Paperback.
Can any of you, who bought the books via internet, suggest me a site that ships internationaly and sells the blue format books in english?? Thanks a lot.

uhg something was wrong and there were no images before...

Attachments

• book in.jpg
    book in.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 69
  • book.jpg
    book.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I thought the blue one has hard cover, but now I can see and it doesn't. At least is not printed with newspaper quality paper.

So you want that blue one style or with hard cover like this?

It's my book

Attachments

• Foto 29-3-15 0 51 05.jpg
    Foto 29-3-15 0 51 05.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Foto 29-3-15 0 51 05.jpg
    Foto 29-3-15 0 51 05.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Foto 29-3-15 0 51 56.jpg
    Foto 29-3-15 0 51 56.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 52
So you want that blue one style or with hard cover like this?

The one I have here seems to be somewhere in the middle of the red format and yours.

I would buy the hardcover ones, but they aparently are way too expensive...(like 200$)

I hadn't found this thread before, I'll look here for some info, thanks for the mod who moved my comment here.

I got mine from Waterstones, with the cover style of the left hand example. Note that the format of volumes varies a bit (not a uniform set) as one volume has a larger page size.

There are also still 3 (4 including the sidequell "Storm Season") volumes not yet published and released in English (Sword Of Destiny, Tower of the Swallow, Lady of the Lake). These *are* confirmed and should be released by Gollanz over the next few years though.

Amazon also have this format.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sword-Destiny-Andrzej-Sapkowski/dp/1473211530/ref=pd_sxp_grid_i_2_0

Last edited:
De vuurdoop confirmed

The 5th book in the Dutch translation is called: De Vuurdoop and it will come out in July this year. At this rate we'll have all the books translated to Dutch by june/july 2016. When the coverart is available I'll post it here.

Awesome news for me! :) .. sure i'll buy it in english whenever it finally appears, but at least i can read it soon ! merci pour l'avis!

Where can i buy Witcher books with paypal and maybe a digital book?

Hello community hope you are all well i'm looking forward to the Wild Hunt.

I'm here to ask if anyone knows where i can buy Witcher books on the internet with paypal and mayb in the format of digital download or digital book?

Thank you all for the feedback.

Amazon.com :) ... or any other the other country variations. I've bought french witcher books from amazon.fr, english ones from amazon.co.uk and german ones on amazon.de

Where to start reading the story???

So as some of you might have heart the Witcher 3 is coming soon^^.
I never played the Witcher nor read any of the books but am riding along the hype train... I was wondering where i should start if i wanted to get into the story. But as you may or may not know the internet is a wild place and the fact the the series are written in polish doesn't clear up the wikipedia page...
So can any one point me in the right direction where to start reading?? :)

thanks a lot :D

So as some of you might have heart the Witcher 3 is coming soon^^.
I never played the Witcher nor read any of the books but am riding along the hype train... I was wondering where i should start if i wanted to get into the story. But as you may or may not know the internet is a wild place and the fact the the series are written in polish doesn't clear up the wikipedia page...
So can any one point me in the right direction where to start reading?? :)

thanks a lot :D

The order of the books is as follows:

The Last Wish
The Sword of Destiny

Blood of Elves
Time of Contempt
Baptism of Fire
The Tower of the Swallow
The Lady of the Lake

The order of the books is as follows:

The Last Wish
The Sword of Destiny

Blood of Elves
Time of Contempt
Baptism of Fire
The Tower of the Swallow
The Lady of the Lake

thank you i'm gonna start reading and see how far i get before the 19th and my live just gets sucked away :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom