The Witcher books (NO SPOILERS)

+

Guest 3847602

I'm not-so-proud to show you the italian cover for Season of Storms

Believe me, it could have been way worse:

Guest 3847602

Honestly I find this better, purple cloak is better than some cheesy (literally) armour and---

Meh, I will always love Kaer Morhen armor (even with 2 slices of cheese :laughing: on the shoulders).
Sapko will probably loose his shit once again when he finds out about game-related artwork on the covers, though...

Meh, I will always love Kaer Morhen armor (even with 2 slices of cheese :laughing: on the shoulders).
Sapko will probably loose his shit once again when he finds out about game-related artwork on the covers, though...
And with a beard as well :turned:

Welp, at least it's not an artwork taken straight from the game. Too bad anyway, we did "good" till now.

I'm not-so-proud to show you the italian cover for Season of Storms, coming out on 20th of october.

However the composition is surely better than most of the previous covers.

This is not bad at all... :)

---------- Updated at 08:48 AM ----------

@toudis815 did you ever see this version? That is from the special boxed polish edition...I mean it is only TW3 Geralt on the covers but it certainly looks better than the TW2 covers, which don't make sense at all...(Roche, Letho...)

Well face is old yeah weird...but wtf is with that armor "holes"? :D oh well it is still better than a TW2 cover ;)
Ah yes, sure it is, while I think generally this is better and more fitting than the last covers, it bugs me why they couldn't really care for armour and face. :turned:

checked amazon.com...there is a new US covers for Lady of The Lake... lol they didn't stay true to the TW2 artwork till the end... :D

well at least this time they got the title right

@toudis815
did you ever see this version? That is from the special boxed polish edition...I mean it is only TW3 Geralt on the covers but it certainly looks better than the TW2 covers, which don't make sense at all...(Roche, Letho...)

Yes I did, Covers are...OK, imo nothing special. nothing wrong. Gotta admit they look really cool as a whole, but price is a joke for me

For some reason I like the old special box edition (2001 or sth like that) more. These covers are really minimalistic, and after seeing so many ridiculous illustration on witcher books I conisider this advantage

checked amazon.com...there is a new US covers for Lady of The Lake... lol they didn't stay true to the TW2 artwork till the end...

Did anyone in this company even read these books...I know that Ciri can travel in time, but for god's sake she was 16 in LOTL

well at least this time they got the title right
Yep, little things :D They could name it Lady of the Sea or come up with sth even worse

:( look guys I hadn't any idea that this is actual first page of The Last Wish released by Orbit (US publisher)

wtf? it should start with Voice of Reason I but instead it has random conversation with Nivellen as very first page of the book...

Orbit as publisher really failed with the whole Witcher saga...I've never seen anything like this. :angry:

For some reason I like the old special box edition (2001 or sth like that) more. These covers are really minimalistic, and after seeing so many ridiculous illustration on witcher books I conisider this advantage

Wow those really look cool! I'm a sucker for silhouettes xD

wtf? it should start with Voice of Reason I but instead it has random conversation with Nivellen as very first page of the book..
I guess it's some kind of introduction for the book, instead of it being on the back. It surely draws positive attention. Won't be too much worred for that. Italian version has an advice for the reader saying the book has been translated directly from the original source without any language mediation, so people playing the game won't be surprised when finding different names. :lol:

Italian version has an advice for the reader saying the book has been translated directly from the original source without any language mediation, so people playing the game won't be surprised when finding different names.

That's actually pretty useful. I hear allot of bitching of those 'gamers' and freak out when they read 'Płotka' instead of Roach, while Płotka is the original name.
Same goes for some other names.

That's actually pretty useful. I hear allot of bitching of those 'gamers' and freak out when they read 'Płotka' instead of Roach, while Płotka is the original name.
Same goes for some other names.

I played W2, then I started to read books in English and played W3. It really was disturbing when Dandelion suddenly changed to Valvatti when I read Finnish books after that :blink: Now I'm already get used to it, but it was a massive shock at first :p

Dandelion suddenly changed to Valvatti

Yeah I kind of understand, same was for me since I was introduced to the witcher via the games. But it wasn't something I was complaining about (I know you didn't xD).
Dandelion is in my language: Ranonkel, but it is closer to Jaskier or directly translated into or something IIRC.

Top Bottom