1) No explanation for that. Probably he at least decided to take a side, after Triss' discussion in Kaer Morhen.Hi guys, I just finished all books except season of storms which I understand the fan translation is yet completed.
I can say by playing the game first it actually helps a lot for me to visualize the story. The faces, voices and movement of the characters easily imagined while reading it. Now a few things I don't quite understand
1. How and why Coen fought in battle of brenna?
2. Geralt and shani relationship, were there more information other than that one time they got caught by dandellion?
3. Why did Yennefer and Ciri they had to talk to the lodge? I felt they were in control of their fate by that time (except wild hunt of course)?
4. I still don't get how did yennefer came up with the idea of going to the last place pavetta was seen. Looking for clues? Or she already knew about it and just planning to straight to Vilgefortz and fight him there? (which is stupid and worse than geralt in my opinion)
Hope some of you who are more accomplished reader can help me with these questions. Thanks!
2) Nope, only that.
3) Because the Lodge called Yennefer and Ciri to have a discussion, they had to go there and it was the chance to clear all the things.
4) It was the last thing she could do. Everyone had left her alone. The Lodge didn't care about her position, to the eyes of the world and Geralt's. They needed only what she would have found if he had succeded. They didn't care about Geralt.
Dijkstra still wanted her to be considered as traitor, even if he knew she hadn't fled to Niflgaard or to Vilgefortz's side.
So, all for all, better going to a place than stand still doing nothing. She didn't care about her safeness because she was already screwed... by all. So she threw herself directly into the wolf's fangs even if she knew it was dangerous and probably a suicide mission. She had to sacrifice everything, her magic and all, knowing that she has no much left, because her reputation is at the stake. Anyway, everyone in Skellige knew it was a suicide mission. She suspected Vilgefortz was behind it, because when he teleported from Thanedd his signal got lost in the middle of nowhere, hence the Sedna Abyss. Also, it was the chance to shed light about Duny and Pavetta deaths.