The Witcher books (SPOILERS)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.

Well, I just bought the novels "The last wish" and "The thunderstorm season" because I heard that "the season of storms" happen during "The last wish." (After the first cycle of "The Last Wish"). But I do not really understand. Someone can tell me exactly from when should I start reading "The season storms"?

Thank you!

Hello everyone.

Well, I just bought the novels "The last wish" and "The thunderstorm season" because I heard that "the season of storms" happen during "The last wish." (After the first cycle of "The Last Wish"). But I do not really understand. Someone can tell me exactly from when should I start reading "The season storms"?

Thank you!

It narrates a Geralt adventure in 1245, there's a letter into the book with that date, which is before the end of The Sword of Destiny and after The Last Wish, BUT, the last chapter is an afterword for the whole novel saga so must be read AFTER the Lady of the Lake.

It narrates a Geralt adventure in 1245, there's a letter into the book with that date, which is before the end of The Sword of Destiny and after The Last Wish, BUT, the last chapter is an afterword for the whole novel saga so must be read AFTER the Lady of the Lake.

Thank you very much, so I'll wait to read it! ^^ Apparently, the chronology is something complicated to understand in the Witcher novels If we not careful.

Spoiler Sword of Destiny - near the end
Hey.
Sword of Destiny, last chapter, Geralt has some visions during his injury, caused by some halluzinogenes.
What are those visions? Future? Past? Something just in his head? I am quite sure some of those are his real post. With his mother, the story about Cintra's destruction.
But I can't get through it.

What's the real timeline of those short stories in the first two books, combined with those "visions"? Is there any timeline in the Internet, something wich could help me?

Without Spoilers please I just finished the first two short story books, so Last Wish and Swords of Destiny.

Hey.
Sword of Destiny, last chapter, Geralt has some visions during his injury, caused by some halluzinogenes.
What are those visions? Future? Past? Something just in his head? I am quite sure some of those are his real post. With his mother, the story about Cintra's destruction.

What's the real timeline of those short stories in the first two books, combined with those "visions"? Is there any timeline in the Internet, something wich could help me?

Without Spoilers please I just finished the first two short story books, so Last Wish and Swords of Destiny.

You should make this questions again after reading the whole saga if then you have still them.

You should make this questions again after reading the whole saga if then you have still them.

So it will/may will be explained. That's what I wanted to hear, thank you :D
In this case I don't have to think about it over and over again why I can't understand what is happening there :p

Hey.

Actually there is a chronological order for the "visions" and, without spoilers, it's all from the past. While Black Gull is a strong hallucinogen, those are dreams from real memories.

First - May, some months before the First Northern War
Second - 6 years after A Matter of Price story
Third - September, during the First Northern War

I just finished with the Lady of the lake, and I have a few questions about the saga which I feel aren't clear to me :-

1. When Ciri first meets the unicorns in the world of the elves, it is stated one of the elves pierces her with its horn under her arm. What was the relevance of this? This thing isn't mentioned again, and I remember one of the elves saying that there is no cure for unicorn horn wounds.

2. What happened to Zoltan's treasure chest which he buried?

3. The official wiki page says the coup on Thanedd was in 1264, and the Battle of Brenna in 1268. I don't recall 4 years passing between the two events. Is it something I missed or is the Timeline on the wiki page wrong?

4. When Ciri appears in front of Nimue the second time, it is many years in the future. But the portal Nimue opens sends Ciri back to her own time. How can Nimue open portals between times?

Last edited:
Ah, you mean "official wikia". I thought that you are talking about "official wiki", without letter "a" at the end :p

Why Emhyr...[for books readers]

Why in last book of saga "Lady of the Lake" emperor Emhyr spared Yenn,Geralt and didn't take Ciri with him?? What's your opinion? Due to emperor's nature it was so unlogical action! ???

Why in last book of saga "Lady of the Lake" emperor Emhyr spared Yenn,Geralt and didn't take Ciri with him?? What's your opinion? Due to emperor's nature it was so unlogical action! ???

Felt guilty for being a horrible father.

My best guess, he couldn't bring himself to hurt his daughter like that.

One of the cool things about the Witcher series is that even amoral/ruthless characters have their redeeming qualities, just like the noble/righteous characters have their glaring flaws. I can think of at least one other character who's pretty morally repugnant most of the time who is heroic in the aid of an endangered loved one.

...either that, or more likely, he had no use for her yet because a) he was firmly seated on he throne and b) she was still too young.

Remember, Emhyr only want's Ciri to take the throne now that he has become older and his reign is nearing it's end, and he want's to make sure the Empire has a worthy successor on the throne.

Maybe. When I read - I expect everything: Ciri's "scream-power" [like her mother Pavetta did or like she did in tw3 after Vesemir 's death], Lodge help [they needed Ciri too], friends help [witchers + others, who still alive]. But no, he just live them alone. :)

Emhyr: Hey, both of you, take bath, make love, cut veins. And I'll take Ciri with me.
Y+G: okay...
"some minutes later"
Emhyr: Oh ok...i should go. I live them alone
:troll:

---------- Updated at 04:47 PM ----------

...either that, or more likely, he had no use for her yet because a) he was firmly seated on he throne and b) she was still too young.

Remember, Emhyr only want's Ciri to take the throne now that he has become older and his reign is nearing it's end, and he want's to make sure the Empire has a worthy successor on the throne.

but at first he wanted a child from her...

Hi guys, I just finished all books except season of storms which I understand the fan translation is yet completed.

I can say by playing the game first it actually helps a lot for me to visualize the story. The faces, voices and movement of the characters easily imagined while reading it. Now a few things I don't quite understand
1. How and why Coen fought in battle of brenna?
2. Geralt and shani relationship, were there more information other than that one time they got caught by dandellion?
3. Why did Yennefer and Ciri they had to talk to the lodge? I felt they were in control of their fate by that time (except wild hunt of course)?
4. I still don't get how did yennefer came up with the idea of going to the last place pavetta was seen. Looking for clues? Or she already knew about it and just planning to straight to Vilgefortz and fight him there? (which is stupid and worse than geralt in my opinion)

Hope some of you who are more accomplished reader can help me with these questions. Thanks!

Hi. What a shame, noone tried to answer those questions.

1. It's never really explained. I think he felt something like patriotism and didn't want Nilfgaard to conquer all their lands/homes.
2. Nope. It was the first time they met. In Witcher 1 (game) you are able to start a relationship with Shani who is in the game. Unfortunately she never appears in TW2 and is barely mentioned.
3. The lodge wanted Ciri to marry the prince of Kovir (or Poviss), I think. It was kind of a deal with Yennefer, but I'm not sure why they exactly made this deal. Maybe because the lodge has free her.
4. I think it's the more stupid idea. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom