The Witcher - Cosplay Thread

+
The Witcher - Cosplay Thread

Hi everyone!
I thought it would be nice to have a whole thread dedicated to Cosplay from the Witcher universe and especially to have a place to chat about costume making (assuming there are Cosplayers here). I know Cosplay photos usually get posted in the Fanart thread, but I don't want to break the constant flow of awesome photos there with costume related talk, so.. here we go. Feel free to post Cosplay pictures and let's have a nice talk about costuming.

Which (The Witcher) costume are you working on at the moment?

Do you have any more The Witcher related costumes planned?

I am currently finishing my Cerys costume and I already started working on Yennefer's doublet and skirt. I'm loving all these patterns and textures on the costumes and I can't wait to expand my costume wardrobe with more The Witcher related costumes (I already got the materials for Shani, Iris, Triss, Saskia and Ciri).

Aren't Anrietta and the women's dresses gorgeous in the Blood and Wine trailers? I am so looking forward to see more. They look extremely interesting to make.

Yay thanks for opening this thread @KnightessRouge! Another cosplayer here, I love to cosplay! And yes you are kinda right in making a thread for cosplay for the reasons you have given.

I recently cosplayed Yennefer at Dutch comic con.

Here a 3 pics: http://imgur.com/a/ixPQy

I am not working on a new cosplay atm because I am really occupied with my study atm, however I do on plan on making a Ciri cosplay in the near future. I hope I can get her sword done in my summer break.

Yay thanks for opening this thread @KnightessRouge ! Another cosplayer here, I love to cosplay! And yes you are kinda right in making a thread for cosplay for the reasons you have given.

I recently cosplayed Yennefer at Dutch comic con.

Here a 3 pics: http://imgur.com/a/ixPQy

I am not working on a new cosplay atm because I am really occupied with my study atm, however I do on plan on making a Ciri cosplay in the near future. I hope I can get her sword done in my summer break.

Yay! I was already worried there aren't any Cosplayers here... thanks for joining the thread! :cheers:

You look gorgeous as Yennefer. Fantastic work!

Which materials do you plan to use for Ciri's sword?

Yay! I was already worried there aren't any Cosplayers here... thanks for joining the thread!

You look gorgeous as Yennefer. Fantastic work!

Which materials do you plan to use for Ciri's sword?

Thank you very much! :cheers4:

I plan to make it out of MDF wood like I did with my lightning gunblade from FFXIII. But thing is it is kinda heavy, not sure If I should use some foam now.

Thank you for starting this awesome thread @KnightessRouge. I plan to make Yennefer dress but designed a bit different than in the games and obsidian star on velvet ribbon is a special challenge. @Raven-beauty you look fantastic! I couldn't find who these cosplayers are but I have to share it with you! :)
View attachment 42481

---------- Updated at 09:58 PM ----------

Attachments

• cosplayyy.jpg
    cosplayyy.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 1,039
Yennefer jacket front by Azimedes cosplay View attachment 45601

---------- Updated at 09:40 PM ----------

Yennefer jacket back by Azimedes View attachment 45611 http://azimedes.tumblr.com/post/133577599219/minus-the-buttons-which-are-still-in-the-mail-my

---------- Updated at 09:46 PM ----------

Yennefer jacket with buttons and other details by Azimedes View attachment 45631

---------- Updated at 09:48 PM ----------

Yennefer jacket sleeves and material texture by Azimedes View attachment 45641 http://azimedes.tumblr.com/post/138035762799/homework-for-class-tonight-was-a-mini-photography

---------- Updated at 10:18 PM ----------

This is interesting: Lilac and Gooseberries Perfume View attachment 45661

---------- Updated at 10:26 PM ----------

Attachments

• yenneferjacketfront.jpg
    yenneferjacketfront.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 494
  • yenneferjacketback.jpg
    yenneferjacketback.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 358
  • yenneferjacketdetailsw.jpg
    yenneferjacketdetailsw.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 299
  • yenneferjacketsleevesandmaterialdesigndetailsw.jpg
    yenneferjacketsleevesandmaterialdesigndetailsw.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 289
  • yennperfume.jpg
    yennperfume.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
Thank you very much! :cheers4:

I plan to make it out of MDF wood like I did with my lightning gunblade from FFXIII. But thing is it is kinda heavy, not sure If I should use some foam now.

I guess a lighter alternative would be better for conventions. I just recently came across "ProFoam" here in Germany and am going to try using it for my Saskia armor. The descriptions says it's better to use than EVA Foam, but.. yeah, never tried even that before, so I have nothing to compare. All I've been using was craft foam and Worbla/Cosplayflex so far.

@Brienne: Omg, that's GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see your full costume! Your post is also an enormous help for my own Yennefer costume.. so thank you so much! :affection:

I can hardly wait to see your photos where you are clad in the costume of Cerys an Craite @KnightessRouge! As Geralt use to say: 'I bet you will be looking impressive and I'm hard to impressed!' Here are some photos that might help you in making the costume. :hug:

---------- Updated at 05:58 PM ----------

Cerys an Craite by niamash View attachment 50181 http://niamash.deviantart.com/art/Cerys-an-Craite-591167354

---------- Updated at 05:59 PM ----------

View attachment 50191

---------- Updated at 06:00 PM ----------

View attachment 50201

---------- Updated at 06:02 PM ----------

View attachment 50211

---------- Updated at 06:04 PM ----------

View attachment 50221

Attachments

• cerys_an_craite_by_niamash-d9ryrnee.jpg
    cerys_an_craite_by_niamash-d9ryrnee.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 523
  • witcher_3__cerys_an_craite_by_niamash-d9t1zj1.jpg
    witcher_3__cerys_an_craite_by_niamash-d9t1zj1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 363
  • witcher_3__cerys_an_craite_by_niamash-d9t203z.jpg
    witcher_3__cerys_an_craite_by_niamash-d9t203z.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 384
  • witcher_3__cerys_an_craite_by_niamash-d9t1zx5.jpg
    witcher_3__cerys_an_craite_by_niamash-d9t1zx5.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 727
  • witcher_3__cerys_an_craite_by_niamash-d9st0hb.jpg
    witcher_3__cerys_an_craite_by_niamash-d9st0hb.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 378
View attachment 50231

---------- Updated at 06:06 PM ----------

View attachment 50241

---------- Updated at 06:10 PM ----------

---------- Updated at 06:11 PM ----------

---------- Updated at 06:25 PM ----------

Cerys an Craite cosplay found on cosplayisland (dress and doublet) View attachment 50251 http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/costume/view/98597

---------- Updated at 06:28 PM ----------

shoulder armor View attachment 50271

---------- Updated at 06:33 PM ----------

shoulder armor and crown painting View attachment 50281

---------- Updated at 06:35 PM ----------

shoulder armor View attachment 50291

Attachments

• witcher_3__cerys_an_craite_by_niamash-d9t1zrr.jpg
    witcher_3__cerys_an_craite_by_niamash-d9t1zrr.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 295
  • cerys_an_craite__portrait__by_niamash-da2sq41.jpg
    cerys_an_craite__portrait__by_niamash-da2sq41.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 370
  • ceryscosplaywq.jpg
    ceryscosplaywq.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 313
  • ceryscosplayew.jpg
    ceryscosplayew.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 303
  • ceryscosplayw.jpg
    ceryscosplayw.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:

Attachments

• ceryscosqq.jpg
    ceryscosqq.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 399
  • cerysee.jpg
    cerysee.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 514
Thank you! :) My costume is already 100% finished, I just didn't have any time to take photos of it yet. It's way too hot in Germany right now to wear a Gambeson.. :sad2:

Cosplay Eredin

Hey guys,

Atm I'm thinking of doing an Eredin cosplay (Witcher 3 style). As I'm doing some research on him, I found I had some questions on his armor. I see that most of his armor is made of steel, but the red parts on his legs is where I have a question. Is this made using leather?

Also on his chest and back, is it correct that I can see some sort of skeleton? Like the ribs and spine? Also are these real bones or are they from something else? In the link you can see a picture of a 360 view of his armor.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Early-concept-for-Eredin-2-555214782

Thank you for reading

Beta

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Atm I'm thinking of doing an Eredin cosplay (Witcher 3 style). As I'm doing some research on him, I found I had some questions on his armor. I see that most of his armor is made of steel, but the red parts on his legs is where I have a question. Is this made using leather?

Also on his chest and back, is it correct that I can see some sort of skeleton? Like the ribs and spine? Also are these real bones or are they from something else? In the link you can see a picture of a 360 view of his armor.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Early-concept-for-Eredin-2-555214782

Thank you for reading

Beta

I'm glad you've taken such an interest in me.

:p

Yes...the red parts are leather, if I'm not mistaken. And, no...that isn't a skeleton. It's just bad-ass looking armor.

Is this the right place to post this? A Triss cosplay I really enjoyed.
Triss Alternate by Helly Von Valentine

That is very nice and very talented. That cosplay is amazing. I seen some cosplay recently for Yennefer that looked fucking unreal, so good and so talented. If i find it ill post it here. Her face doesn't look exactly like Yennefer but then again Yennefer is a very difficult face to replicate because she is so unique and beautiful so... but everything else is great.

Attachments

• tumblr_nrtoj8djWb1uw8odho8_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nrtoj8djWb1uw8odho8_1280.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
Top Bottom