The Witcher Developer's Edition

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Witcher Developer's Edition

Yes I do mean Developer's Edition!! At Christmas I bought The Witcher Enhanced Edition, but today I was looking in a charity shop and spotted a large black box with the wolf image. On closer look it was The Witcher Developer's Edition. It was a rare find and a bargain price so I bought it, and am loving looking through all the additional stuff.The box was large, contained an Artbook, a wolf's head pendant and lanyard, map, manual, and a folding box to hold 8 DVDs. Unfortunately there is 1 disc missing, and I am trying to work out what it is. But to complicate things, many of this discs appear to be in what I assume is Polish.I have tried to Google it, and looked on Witcher Wiki, but every link wants to send me to pages for Enhanced Edition, regular Witcher, or interviews with the Witcher Developers!!Comparing the 7 discs in this set, with the 5 I have from the EE I have worked out what some of the discs I have are.* The Witcher - Original Soundtrack* WiEDZMiN Muzyka Inspirowana Gra - Music Inspired by the Game?* The Witcher - Making Of* WiEDZMiN GRA COMPUTEROWA - dark coloured disk with Wolf's head (same appearance as Original Soundtrack)* The Witcher role playing game (again same image on disc as Original Soundtrack)* BEAbMAK role playing game (same image buy a more grey/metallic colour)* Games For Windows - The Witcher - Red discApologies for butchering the language - I'm not sure how to make some of the character appear correctly, so I used the closest I could manage, and hope you can see what it was meant to say :)Does anyone know what the missing disc is? Or have a link to show the full contents of the Developer's Edition? If needed I can try to get some pictures of what I have so someone could compare what they have, though I'm guessing this is quite a rare edition of the game.

I've uploaded some images of the boxset

very cool find my friend ;)I can tell you that "Ведьмак" is Witcher in Russian and it is possible that there is no CD or DVD missing, just room for more, some of these cases are not that configurable ;)your description sounds like the Polish Collector's Edition :peace:List of editions

Thanks for the translation. I hadn't thought that the box might be intended to have space, but getting it second hand there is no guarantee that everything that was in the set originally is still there. Though things like the medallion and the lanyard it attaches to were still sealed in plastic bags. Everything I got is in those photos. Very pleased to have found it - it is a very nice find :)Can I assume that WiEDZMiN is also a tranlsation of Witcher, but in Polish?From what I have found so far, it seems this set was only available at some launch or press events.

OMG! That is so cool! You are so lucky to find this. Hey everyone, notice the wolf head key chain?Want to sell it?? ;D

It is very cool, and I've seen how in demand they are from other threads. I plan to keep this one though ;DThis is the best set of extra content I've found with any game, and have been gaming over 20 years, so good work to whoever created it :angel:

I'm afraid you aren't aware you purchased a real treasure of all available game editions I strongly advise you to lock all doors twice, dig trenches and take other safety precaution, nevertheless congratulations :beer:

Man! And I thought the packaging on my imported UK edition was the impressive. I think I'm going to pay more attention to the foriegn editons. I'd easly pay more for kit like that.

PetraSilie said:
I'm afraid you aren't aware you purchased a real treasure of all available game editions I strongly advise you to lock all doors twice, dig trenches and take other safety precaution, nevertheless congratulations :beer:
We just noticed the first thief that makes her victims aware of robbery plans ;DAnd really, purchase a castle and get ready for siege :D

PetraSilie said:
I'm afraid you aren't aware you purchased a real treasure of all available game editions
As someone fairly new to The Witcher I am sure I don't fully appreciate the rarity of it. But Googling for Director's Edition I could only find 1 reference to it - from CD Projekt RED's own Tom Ohle, suggesting it was a rare item.Ironic perhaps that I never saw editions like this when I worked in the gaming industry, but only after I left!
PetraSilie said:
I strongly advise you to lock all doors twice, dig trenches and take other safety precaution, nevertheless congratulations :beer:
I shall have to make the moat deeper, fill it with crocodiles and raise the drawbridge :p

That's insane, man. I want that edition- I know where you live!!!Well, actually I don't, but, well....Perhaps the different discs are just different language versions of the game? Ведьмак is, as GW said, 'Witcher' in Russian, and the disc looks identical to the 'classic' Witcher disc.

@ Avenger1324 What you have there my friend is much more rear then the Limited Edition that came out when the first copy's of TW came out You lucked out big time

Avenger1324 said:
Yes I do mean Developer's Edition!! At Christmas I bought The Witcher Enhanced Edition, but today I was looking in a charity shop and spotted a large black box with the wolf image. On closer look it was The Witcher Developer's Edition. It was a rare find and a bargain price so I bought it, and am loving looking through all the additional stuff.The box was large, contained an Artbook, a wolf's head pendant and lanyard, map, manual, and a folding box to hold 8 DVDs. Unfortunately there is 1 disc missing, and I am trying to work out what it is. But to complicate things, many of this discs appear to be in what I assume is Polish.I have tried to Google it, and looked on Witcher Wiki, but every link wants to send me to pages for Enhanced Edition, regular Witcher, or interviews with the Witcher Developers!!Comparing the 7 discs in this set, with the 5 I have from the EE I have worked out what some of the discs I have are.* The Witcher - Original Soundtrack* WiEDZMiN Muzyka Inspirowana Gra - Music Inspired by the Game?* The Witcher - Making Of* WiEDZMiN GRA COMPUTEROWA - dark coloured disk with Wolf's head (same appearance as Original Soundtrack)* The Witcher role playing game (again same image on disc as Original Soundtrack)* BEAbMAK role playing game (same image buy a more grey/metallic colour)* Games For Windows - The Witcher - Red discApologies for butchering the language - I'm not sure how to make some of the character appear correctly, so I used the closest I could manage, and hope you can see what it was meant to say :)Does anyone know what the missing disc is? Or have a link to show the full contents of the Developer's Edition? If needed I can try to get some pictures of what I have so someone could compare what they have, though I'm guessing this is quite a rare edition of the game.
How much did it cost you?I pretty sure I got it at a different price.and with the mystery CD, I also have no idea what it might be.

CrossShire said:
How much did it cost you?I pretty sure I got it at a different price.and with the mystery CD, I also have no idea what it might be.
Probably wind up the lynching mob, but I got it for just £2.50 (roughly 3 Euros) ;D It was a charity shop and they had no idea of its value. TW EE currently sells for around £20 online, and £30 in shops. Even if it was missing a crucial disc it was still a great bargain.When you say you got it at a different price, does that mean you have the same thing, and also missing a disc?

Avenger1324 said:
Avenger1324 said:
Probably wind up the lynching mob, but I got it for just £2.50 (roughly 3 Euros) ;D It was a charity shop and they had no idea of its value. TW EE currently sells for around £20 online, and £30 in shops. Even if it was missing a crucial disc it was still a great bargain.When you say you got it at a different price, does that mean you have the same thing, and also missing a disc?
Yep, same thing. but I got it for 5 Euros :'(

It depends on what country you're in (if looking in shops). Perhaps on Ebay if you're lucky.It is a special pre-EE edition of The Witcher, and if you look on the Wiki, the variations of the releases are explained there.

PetraSilie said:
Yes, take a look at this list. I really would like to lay my hands on the Russian CE which had a Witcher leather bag :whatthe:
I would soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo love the Leather Bag. I found a picture of it, including I think the rest of the Russian CE. Totally totally awesome looking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom