The Witcher downloadable demo available now!

+
Paul-Hewson said:
If you read the thread, someone from CD Projekt answer that they should work, but they can't guarantee you that you will not have crash/strange in-game behaviour (storyline/quest related, version related ?)nb : quote button is bugged, the quote balise don't close ^^
That'd be great for gamers that get the demo, go through it, and then don't want to start over can move those files over to the full version of the game, once they buy the full version and pick up right where they left off.

MysterD said:
MysterD said:
If you read the thread, someone from CD Projekt answer that they should work, but they can't guarantee you that you will not have crash/strange in-game behaviour (storyline/quest related, version related ?)nb : quote button is bugged, the quote balise don't close ^^
That'd be great for gamers that get the demo, go through it, and then don't want to start over can move those files over to the full version of the game, once they buy the full version and pick up right where they left off.
There might be some incompatibilities in story when you load saves from demo, because it does not contain all information needed in further acts.

The demo excludes the second half of the prologue - the big fight/Triss/alchemy/Leo - so people should restart, despite the same folder being used for savegames as with the full game. They'll miss quite important content if they don't.

Great!I go to download Immediately the demo! ;DIt could be a good idea to use bittorrent's protocol for distribution :(After I play demo, sure I buy it ;)

Dziadu said:
We decided that it would be just not fair to give people 1/2 h experience or so. We really want you to enjoy the world, story, NPCs... If you play demo and you like it... you'll love full game :).
That´s the right way, guys! 8)

Does the demo do better at load times than the retail version? If not, I'd never buy the game.

Kodon said:
Does the demo do better at load times than the retail version? If not, I'd never buy the game.
In my experience it wasn't ideal, but the loading times were signicantly shorter in the demo (I think the patch 1.2 will do the same with the retail version).Loading took max. about 30 seconds, nice suprise were saves which took about 2 seconds (originally about 30s).

I have Intel E4500, 2GB Ram and Ati Radeon X1950 Pro and the Demo works perfect on full details. Longest loading time I had was around 10 seconds.

Chimpo said:
I have Intel E4500, 2GB Ram and Ati Radeon X1950 Pro and the Demo works perfect on full details. Longest loading time I had was around 10 seconds.
Vista or XP? Some people really had shorter loading/saving times than I had. Intel E6750, 2GB Ram, Nvidia 8600 Gts

What concerns save/loading times, the patch will improve them comparing to the demo.Source:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=7105.msg197358#msg197358quote:"Jeśli chodzi o save/loading to w patchu będzie jeszcze lepiej niż w demie z GW:)"

StanleySmith said:
StanleySmith said:
Vista or XP? Some people really had shorter loading/saving times than I had. Intel E6750, 2GB Ram, Nvidia 8600 Gts
I have XP.

getting an error when I try and run it in Vista."Game failed to start because d3dx9_35.dll was not found." What gives? Have Vista and DX10. :-[

Alemaker said:
getting an error when I try and run it in Vista."Game failed to start because d3dx9_35.dll was not found." What gives? Have Vista and DX10. :-[
http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=7208.0 :)

Chimpo said:
Chimpo said:
Chimpo said:
I have XP.
I have Vista, of course. :-\
Chimpo said:
Maybe you should try to instal DX from the demo (I had that option there).

I found out about an intriguing detail in the demo. I installed the Eng. v. while I got the Polish full version installed already, and I could load all the saves from the Polish version from Act I and they were somehow translated into English... :) Quite funny. Plus when I tried loading Epilogue, the ending cutscene from the demo appeared instead... :)

Alemaker said:
@ Mopy-Thx for the info- think the demo should have dx9 install available-cuz in my splash screen-no dx9 :'(
After the installation is complete there is also "Install Microsoft DirectX 9.0c." option, so it's pretty easy. BUT, it is possible that my demo is different than the US version - I have the European (Metaboli link).

I just finished the demo and I have to say that I am very impressed. Great graphics, intrigueing story so far, excellent atmosphere, intuitive combat sytstem. It is hard to believe that's the old NWN Aurora engine. Definitely a must buy game. Kudos to CDProjekt and I hope the game sells well enough for expansion packs and or sequels.

HiI have just completed the demo and think I have completed most of the sidequests as well. While I really liked most of it, it seems a few things were missing in the demo compared to what I have red in the reviews. So I just want to hear from any owners of the full game if it is different:From my understanding you have several different choices in the Prologue, but only one in the demo: go to the Laboratory?From the end of the Prologue to the start of Chapter seems very confusing and not very coherent. Has something been cut?I have yet to engage in a discussion with any NPCs that change anything important. I had the impression that you have to make choices in this game. Opening some doors will close others.Hope someone can help me clarify this

Top Bottom