The Witcher Enhanced Edition at E3

+
The Witcher Enhanced Edition at E3

So yeah ;D I'm here! WHEE! Photo album here. Already stopped by to see it (found a very neat inventory option for Alchemy ingredients during the quick look), obviously, but my meeting with Atari is later today. So I'll post more then. I actually brought my game copy with me, will see if I can get it signed *now entering stalk mode*. ;DHere's the fact sheet released by Atari for now, no images on the press kit just yet. Will snap photos later, have to leave soon for another 9am-6pm day of meetings! :D
The Witcher Enhanced Edition Platform: Games for Windows Release Date: September 2008 Developer: CD Projekt RED Publisher: Atari, Inc. Genre: Role-Playing Game ESRB Rating: RP (Rating Pending) Game Description: The Witcher: Enhanced Edition is the ultimate version of the ultimate role-playing game. The Witcher, which was released in October 2007, has won more than 90 awards and has sold more than 800,000 copies worldwide, and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition brings the game even closer to perfection with a number of technical and visual improvements jammed into the value-packed retail box. The enhancements introduced in this version include more than 5000 lines of re-written and re-recorded dialogue, more than 200 new dialogue animations, a new character differentiation system for NPCs, an enhanced inventory with improved alchemy, reduced loading times, improved combat responsiveness and much more. In addition to the in-game updates, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition will feature premium packaging loaded with value, including the multilingual game disc allowing you to play with any combination of voice-over and subtitles, two new adventures with full voice-over, the D’jinni Adventure Editor, the Official Soundtrack CD, a Music Inspired by The Witcher CD, an official game guide, The Witcher short story by Andrzej Sapkowski, a Making-of DVD with behind-the-scenes video footage, and a map of The Witcher’s world. The Witcher represents the pinnacle of storytelling in role-playing games, shattering the line between good and evil with a world where moral ambiguity reigns. In a beautiful, rich game universe, the player takes on the role of renowned monster slayer, Geralt of Rivia, in an epic, action-packed narrative in which his decisions have a major impact on how the story plays out. The Witcher emphasizes story and character development in a vibrant world, while incorporating tactically-deep real-time combat like no game before it.

nimue

Forum veteran
Wait... did that say "any combination of voice over and subtitles"? Great news! I knew about the rewritten and re-recorded dialogues, but that little tidbit of information has escaped me so far ;D

Nimue said:
Wait... did that say "any combination of voice over and subtitles"? Great news! I knew about the rewritten and re-recorded dialogues, but that little tidbit of information has escaped me so far ;D
AND it looks like we're getting a voice-over for The Price of Neutrality and the other new adventure. Cool!Thanks, didi! Have a great time, and we'll look forward to your next update!

This is indeed an exciting news and should trickle away. Hence I move it to fans news 8)btwThis forum is not only meant for posting news from fansite pages. If you see exciting news about the game or Witcher: Versus or even attend an event with Witcher participation, etc. you can post it in Fan News as well ;)

Hmm great news, but I guess the soundtrack cd and making of dvd will be requiring a new purchase... :(I hope they will let registered users order them for a minimal fee...

When installing this as a patch, should it be on a fresh install of The Witcher or should we have patch v1.3 installed?

I'm on a super tight schedule, but here's a little overview (will have the article soon, I have like half a notebook written with notes on piles of games):- subtitles are available in 10 languages, voice-overs in 9 languages. You can mix and match, so you can have the game speaking in a particular language and the subtitles in another.- Leo sounds more manly and his attitude has been toned down (remember the fidgety personality?)- body animations are a lot more natural, 200 new motion captures have been done- more color palettes for monsters and villagers clothing, as well as faces and hairstyles- 5000 new lines of dialog- German version completely re-recorded- static characters don't just stand there anymore- way faster loading- inventory auto-sorting and a separate alchemy satchelThere are a few photos in my album, which is a mess, not sure why photos are not uploading in the order I add them. So you'll haveto browse, sorry.I have to get going, meetings start in an hour. But I'll post details when I'm done with the article.Oh yeah! :D Click to enlarge!! *doing happy dance*

IGN has got preview: http://pc.ign.com/articles/891/891228p1.htmlCan't wait for the reviews . 10/10 ? ::)

Interesting article which gives more detailed info. But I can't make it out if this is based on a playable "demo version" or presentation or takenfrom an interview / conversation with the dev team?An other question... where ist the E3 this year?aahh... didi, I envy you for the signed game :peace:

Hätte ich gewusst, dass du das hier reinsetzt, hätte ich http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=15201.0 nicht gemacht :whistle: Didn't know that you hide this link here so I opened http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=15201.0

PetraSilie said:
Hätte ich gewusst, dass du das hier reinsetzt, hätte ich http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=15201.0 nicht gemacht :whistle: Didn't know that you hide this link here so I opened http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=15201.0
No Problem have my link removed^^

Top Bottom