The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Blood Revival Patch

+
Coastal said:
So it's 5pm here in Australia, 19th September, And i still can't find out how to download the 1.4 patch (The extended edition).Please help?!
http://www.sciagnij.pl/programy/1,93888,5710169,Wiedzmin_Edycja_Rozszerzona___czesto_zadawane_pytania.html?as=3&ias=5&startsz=x#english

Sorry, Which one is the one to download 1.4I don't cant read that language and all the buttons i've clicked havn't done anything remotely resembling a download option.

Every time I click on the download button the page just refreshes yet the file download number keeps increasing.. can anyone explain how come some people can download and some can't? If the server was overloaded it would't accept new downloads but as I said every time the page refreshes the download number is greater. do one need to 'get lucky' or something??cancel that, it's started!!

Lysander said:
Lysander said:
The suspense is killing me, I quit playing the original early this year just so I could play it again as you guys envisioned it. :D
Do not listen to this man, he is an aggressive homosexual.
Damn, now I have to fend off your sexual advances on two forums?? :( :p

Roxtar said:
Roxtar said:
is it the same on the download able version?
Why do I always see someone ask an important question like this, then scroll down to see RED's reply only to find they've completely ignored it?Come on guys... telling us if the downloadable version needs the blood patch is kind of necessary.
Yes, the blood patch needs to be applied to the Steam, Impulse, Direct2Drive versions -- HOWEVER -- the patch has been provided to these guys, and should be an automatic download (or at least a suggested one) shortly

TomOhle said:
TomOhle said:
TomOhle said:
Why do I always see someone ask an important question like this, then scroll down to see RED's reply only to find they've completely ignored it?Come on guys... telling us if the downloadable version needs the blood patch is kind of necessary.
Yes, the blood patch needs to be applied to the Steam, Impulse, Direct2Drive versions -- HOWEVER -- the patch has been provided to these guys, and should be an automatic download (or at least a suggested one) shortly
Does this include the one we get directly from the Witcher official website?

TomOhle said:
TomOhle said:
TomOhle said:
I think what we REALLY want to know is, do we need the blood patch for the UPGRADE version.. y'know, the version we are all trying to download from the polish site.. (TWEE_Upgrade.exe) to upgrade our original retail versions?? To simplify, do we need the upgrade patch, the english language pack, AND the blood patch?? Thanks.

RandyMyers said:
As some one who has now spent $90 on this game (standard and now EE versions (if you look closely at my little avatar you can see both versions)), I feel I am not out of line to request that CDProjekt provide us with a patch to bring our version to the full world wide version. If it is only the cards than that is something that they should be able to do as fast as the blood patch. If I am wrong please explain to me why i am wrong. Come on Devs, this would go a long way to helping us fans in the USA not feel like we were given a lower product/package than the rest of the world. Again, I emphasis that I have in fact purchased both versions and have not yet played through because I wanted to wait until the EE to play the game.
What he said! I have the original US edition, an original European edition (purchased by a friend in the UK and privately shipped to me--take that, Uncle Sam!), and now an Enhanced Edition purchased in the US. I've spent a flipping fortune on this game--because I love it--but I'd really like to get the same product that the rest of the planet does. I don't know if the US version EE is in fact censored (somebody please tell me!) but I want to play the game the developers wrote, not the kindergarten version my government thinks I should have. The Witcher is a marvelous game. If I didn't think so, I wouldn't have spent so much money and so many hours of my life on it. But I don't want to have my friend buy the European EE and smuggle that to me too. So, CDP, a patch to create a World edition really wouldn't go amiss here. Pretty please?

I just got the enhanced edition and what I need to know is do I uninstall the original version before I install the enhanced edition?

The blood patch is a little dinky file, I would say grab it and install it. No big deal, it can't hurt anything. 1) The more important questions that I asked, over an hour ago, has yet to be answered. Do the people who purchased the NA edition at our local retailer need to download and install the big patch.2) And just as important, will the developers release a patch that gives us the full version. If it is in fact just the "cards", as I have heard some say, then this would not be a huge issue for them. An after market optional upgrade would not in any way shape of form violate their M rating and change a single thing at retail. In actuality it would probably drive more sales. Please at least do this for us, because to be very honest with you, after spending $100 (including the tax) for your game us Americans are feeling like you concider us second class citizens. We get a censored version and no printed manual and a crappy map versus what Europeans received for their money. In fact, people who purchased the original game only, and download the free patch in Europe still get a more complete game than we do for buying both versions. Would some one from CDProjekt at least address what we are asking for. We at least deserve an answer from you.

RandyMyers said:
The blood patch is a little dinky file, I would say grab it and install it. No big deal, it can't hurt anything. 1) The more important questions that I asked, over an hour ago, has yet to be answered. Do the people who purchased the NA edition at our local retailer need to download and install the big patch.2) And just as important, will the developers release a patch that gives us the full version. If it is in fact just the "cards", as I have heard some say, then this would not be a huge issue for them. An after market optional upgrade would not in any way shape of form violate their M rating and change a single thing at retail. In actuality it would probably drive more sales. Please at least do this for us, because to be very honest with you, after spending $100 (including the tax) for your game us Americans are feeling like you concider us second class citizens. We get a censored version and no printed manual and a crappy map versus what Europeans received for their money. In fact, people who purchased the original game only, and download the free patch in Europe still get a more complete game than we do for buying both versions. Would some one from CDProjekt at least address what we are asking for. We at least deserve an answer from you.
Obviously the people who bought the Enhanced Edition from their local retailers in North America don't need the big 1.4 patch. The 1.4 patch is an UPGRADE for the original retail version from last year, which brings your game up to the Enhanced Edition......What we need to know is whether or not the Blood Revival patch needs to be applied after the upgrade patch. I wouldn't assume that it can't hurt anything, because I know from experience that it CAN hurt something. Maybe it won't but we don't know that, which is why we need an answer from RED

RandyMyers said:
Thay already said what the blood patch does. It adds a SINGLE file that was missing. As someone who has been around computers a very long time I will guarentee you, in no uncertain terms that there is nothing that could be done by adding this file that could hurt anything.However, there is a time frame in between when the retail disks go to print and when they put the "patch" up. There very well could have been some changes, enhancements, bug fixes, etc., in the patch that were added after the code went gold and was sent to the printers to manufacture the disks. This happens all the time in the computer market.
You obviously haven't been around computers that long, particularly computer games, because you'e wrong on both points.1. I'm telling you right now, the addition of ANY unncessesary file to a game CAN cause problems. It depends on the game and the type of file. I've seen it before2. If there were any more additions to the patch, it would no longer be called "1.4 patch." It would be "1.4.2" or "1.5" or something to that effect. At the very least, any changes would be included in the latest available patch

Escuse me sir but you really are making yourself look silly.I have owned computers in my home since 1978. I am a professional computer programmer and have played computer games ever since there have been computer games. When they announced that a single file activates the blood in the game and that it was forgotten in the US version and all the patch does is put that single file back in place than there is no way the patch will hurt anything. It either sees you already the single file that is missing for some and does nothing or replaces the single file with an exact duplicate. Either way there is no worry of any issues happening within your game. If you are very worried, play the prologue and if you see blood you have the file, other wise download the patch and install it.The version on the disk is 1.4.5.1280. Hmmm, it seems that there are several intermediate versions, which is always the case on any software development. Does the patch bring the game up to 1.4.5.1285? I do not know, that is what I was asking. A simple question that anyone who truly understands computers and how programming works would find a normal common sense question. Maybe there was a major bug fix in version 1.4.5.1281. I don't know and neither do you. This was my question.So plesae, instead of looking more silly, don't argue a point that any programmer already understands.

RandyMyers said:
Escuse me sir but you really are making yourself look silly.I have owned computers in my home since 1978. I am a professional computer programmer and have played computer games ever since there have been computer games. When they announced that a single file activates the blood in the game and that it was forgotten in the US version and all the patch does is put that single file back in place than there is no way the patch will hurt anything. It either sees you already the single file that is missing for some and does nothing or replaces the single file with an exact duplicate. Either way there is no worry of any issues happening within your game. If you are very worried, play the prologue and if you see blood you have the file, other wise download the patch and install it.The version on the disk is 1.4.5.1280. Hmmm, it seems that there are several intermediate versions, which is always the case on any software development. Does the patch bring the game up to 1.4.5.1285? I do not know, that is what I was asking. A simple question that anyone who truly understands computers and how programming works would find a normal common sense question. Maybe there was a major bug fix in version 1.4.5.1281. I don't know and neither do you. This was my question.So plesae, instead of looking more silly, don't argue a point that any programmer already understands.
You are a liar. If you were a programmer and had all this "knowledge" then you wouldn't be asking stupid questions like "do we have to still install the 1.4 patch for the Enhanced Edition retail version." So, YOU are the one that looks silly. Obviously the 1.4 patch is IS the Enhanced Edition, any moron knows that, so don't give me this crapola about being a programmer and having been using computers since 1978. Why would you RE-install the Enhanced Edition on top of the Enhanced Edition? They would create another amll patch if there were any additions. Id be surprised if you were even born yet in 1978 to be honest with you. End of story. Furthermore, a programmer would know that IF there have been any additions since the retail release of EE, they would already be included in whatever files are already available, which would be the 1.4 patch. There are no other patches available so theres nothing more to know or ask about that right now

Top Bottom