The Witcher Enhanced Edition release date

+
This may have been answered already, my bad if it was, but will the new enhanced version have anything for folks like myself whose systems, according to the official game site and statistics, were adequate for running the game but in reality were not remotely capable of handling the game, leaving the option of throwing the game to one side to await a future computer purchase as the only choice?

Just to post it here, didi510 is at the E3, and posted this elsewhere:
The Witcher Enhanced EditionPlatform: Games for WindowsRelease Date: September 2008Developer: CD Projekt REDPublisher: Atari, Inc.Genre: Role-Playing GameESRB Rating: RP (Rating Pending)Game Description:The Witcher: Enhanced Edition is the ultimate version of the ultimate role-playing game. The Witcher, which was released in October 2007, has won more than 90 awards and has sold more than 800,000 copies worldwide, and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition brings the game even closer to perfection with a number of technical and visual improvements jammed into the value-packed retail box. The enhancements introduced in this version include more than 5000 lines of re-written and re-recorded dialogue, more than 200 new dialogue animations, a new character differentiation system for NPCs, an enhanced inventory with improved alchemy, reduced loading times, improved combat responsiveness and much more.In addition to the in-game updates, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition will feature premium packaging loaded with value, including the multilingual game disc allowing you to play with any combination of voice-over and subtitles, two new adventures with full voice-over, the D’jinni Adventure Editor, the Official Soundtrack CD, a Music Inspired by The Witcher CD, an official game guide, The Witcher short story by Andrzej Sapkowski, a Making-of DVD with behind-the-scenes video footage, and a map of The Witcher’s world.The Witcher represents the pinnacle of storytelling in role-playing games, shattering the line between good and evil with a world where moral ambiguity reigns. In a beautiful, rich game universe, the player takes on the role of renowned monster slayer, Geralt of Rivia, in an epic, action-packed narrative in which his decisions have a major impact on how the story plays out. The Witcher emphasizes story and character development in a vibrant world, while incorporating tactically-deep real-time combat like no game before it.
~ Roxy

Rogue Roxy, thoughtful of you to post this. :)So if you want the bonuses you do have to buy it all over again. And as for closer to perfection, since it doesn't work at all after Chapter 2... :mad:

Gibberer said:
Rogue Roxy, thoughtful of you to post this. :)So if you want the bonuses you do have to buy it all over again. And as for closer to perfection, since it doesn't work at all after Chapter 2... :mad:
I don't think so, and it doesn't say you have to buy it again. Except for any hard copy of an official game guide, we've been told countless times that registered users will be able to download everything for free.Let's not start putting words into their mouths.~ Roxy

The game, it refuses to finish loading in Chapter 3 and I can't even get out by hitting ESC or Ctrl-Alt-Del, nothing less than flipping the power off does the trick.Roxy, how are they going to let us download 'the D’jinni Adventure Editor, the Official Soundtrack CD, a Music Inspired by The Witcher CD, an official game guide, The Witcher short story by Andrzej Sapkowski, a Making-of DVD with behind-the-scenes video footage, and a map of The Witcher’s world'?

Gibberer said:
The game, it refuses to finish loading in Chapter 3 and I can't even get out by hitting ESC or Ctrl-Alt-Del, nothing less than flipping the power off does the trick.
That was the only bug I had and one time only, but it was in the middle of Chapter 5, my latest game wouldn't load, maybe it got corrupted or something, I just loaded a previous one and it was fine. The fact that the game uses a different save each time was useful for the first time, didn't lose too much time.
Gibberer said:
Roxy, how are they going to let us download 'the D’jinni Adventure Editor, the Official Soundtrack CD, a Music Inspired by The Witcher CD, an official game guide, The Witcher short story by Andrzej Sapkowski, a Making-of DVD with behind-the-scenes video footage, and a map of The Witcher’s world'?
I'm not Roxy.. but..

Gibberer said:
The game, it refuses to finish loading in Chapter 3 and I can't even get out by hitting ESC or Ctrl-Alt-Del, nothing less than flipping the power off does the trick.Roxy, how are they going to let us download 'the D’jinni Adventure Editor, the Official Soundtrack CD, a Music Inspired by The Witcher CD, an official game guide, The Witcher short story by Andrzej Sapkowski, a Making-of DVD with behind-the-scenes video footage, and a map of The Witcher’s world'?
I don't work for CDP Red, but I do know that everything you mentioned can be made into downloadable files. Use your imagination. Still, if you want all of that in hard copy, buy it when it comes out. I know I will gladly buy it again just to support them more.~ Roxy

CNDLIONHEARTED said:
Okay so now we know its September . . . is this solid or is this something to keep us quite for a while?
Its solid for now. But if they find unexpected problems... if this is the case, i even hope they delay further, beforethey release a buggy Enhanced Edition.

I have a question, when the EE is released is there gonna be a patch or something to fix vanilla Witcher or do I have to buy the game again? I really hope buying the game again isnt the case, if so I guess I'll just have to manage... It's still a real good game, bugs or no bugs (I mostly like the funny characters)

The EE will be free to download and fix the game for those who already own the original and have registered it on the site.

I probably will look stupid by askin this, but - will this upcoming EE edition stay widthin original hardware requirements?Most of all must I upgrade to MS Vista or will it work in DirectX 9.0c environment as well?

vutt said:
I probably will look stupid by askin this, but - will this upcoming EE edition stay widthin original hardware requirements?Most of all must I upgrade to MS Vista or will it work in DirectX 9.0c environment as well?
I'd think that the requirements would stay the same. It's not a stupid question by the way. ;D

hey BeLGaRaTh.Ur problem may be audio drivers for Vista, not the game. I recommend finding ur audio device then goin online and download latest drivers. I had this same problem a couple of months ago.

Fantastic news! I've been looking forward to seeing some new stuff and finally there's something coming

Top Bottom