The Witcher Enhanced Edition release date

+
CNDLIONHEARTED said:
Well all I want to know is which petroleum product did they us on the stick if they used one at all . . . ky personal or vic's vapo rub? You knew they would have to do it this way, you'd have to go out and by a new copy . . . I mean this version was so messed up even they couldn't fix all of it and they were adding even more stuff. Not even offering us a rebate or nothing.
WTF? You feel like you've been screwed, do you? I guess The Witcher won a bazillion awards in several different countries because it's a terrible game, huh? You've already gotten your money's worth -- you've already gotten to play a game so good that a bunch of different places have called it the RPG of the year. CDPR is offering additional free content out of the goodness of their hearts, and you think you've been done dirty to.*shakes head* I wouldn't want to be you -- with an attitude like yours, it must be a miserable life.

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Well all I want to know is which petroleum product did they us on the stick if they used one at all . . . ky personal or vic's vapo rub? You knew they would have to do it this way, you'd have to go out and by a new copy . . . I mean this version was so messed up even they couldn't fix all of it and they were adding even more stuff. Not even offering us a rebate or nothing.
WTF? You feel like you've been screwed, do you? I guess The Witcher won a bazillion awards in several different countries because it's a terrible game, huh? You've already gotten your money's worth -- you've already gotten to play a game so good that a bunch of different places have called it the RPG of the year. CDPR is offering additional free content out of the goodness of their hearts, and you think you've been done dirty to.*shakes head* I wouldn't want to be you -- with an attitude like yours, it must be a miserable life.
How could you feel worked over here? You get a better enhanced version of the game with more to do and less bugs than the original not to mention registered users get it free. I mean if you don't want it don't download the update when it comes out it's as simple as that. Corylea I couldn't agree more with what you have said. :beer:

Ok i will ask it again will we have a new spanish dub, like the german one?? because the spanish dub sucked, i playedf it only for 5 min, then i installed it again on english, of course with spanish text XD. Hope someone could answer me. Thx.

Rorkror said:
Ok i will ask it again will we have a new spanish dub, like the german one?? because the spanish dub sucked, i playedf it only for 5 min, then i installed it again on english, of course with spanish text XD. Hope someone could answer me. Thx.
Sorry Can't help you there. Good luck with it there's nothing worse than having dubs or subs that make no sense, sound really bad or you know should have translated to something different. :peace:

Read Brysiu's initial post in htis thread - it says that "all ten language versions" will be brushed up. I assume this includes the Spanish one. To what extend it will be enhanced I don't know, but from what I've seen of CDPR so far they don't go for half measures.

So, I really hope with this EE version I'll be able to play the game through to the end now.I've enjoyed what I've been able to play, but the slowdown killed it.

CNDLIONHEARTED said:
Again, the same shit, people saying they got ripped-off with this game. The game is already better than a f***-load of games out, there, yes, even with half-dozen faces, weird lines of dialog and Geralt's floating sword on his back. Play that Oblivion crap then, they have gazillion different faces, f*ck, they have so many details you spend the first 10 hours of the game designing your character's face. There's those sliders for everything, there're like 10 freaking sliders just to get my eyebrow right, then another 20 for my freaking cheekbone.. what the hell!!???And the game is all about freedom, complete freedom to roam around, no linear-driven like Witcher, so there.. roaming free and quatrillions of faces.. and the game sucks sh**.. talk about bad storyline.. what the hell is that game... they invested millions on making faces, then building a scenario and that's it, the game's done, let's release it.. crap. If CDPR can call this jewel that is TW "unfinished" and give out a EE for free then Bethesda should have shame on themselves and call Oblivion "Barely Started" and give their next 4 games for free.. What about Neverwinter Nights 2 then.. i loved NWN1, played NWN2 and XP.. but THAT'S a broken game, there so many patches it seems they released half the game and the other half you go downloading along the way, what about their website, there's NOTHING to it, if weren't for the community sites we'd have nothing to support it decently.If CDPR didn't announce EE, there wouldn't be so much talk about how "unfinished" TW is.. Go tell Obsidian to make a decent playable NWN and apologize to Bioware for ruining the title they made with NWN1.. and tell Bethesda that an RPG game should be more than a landscape for you to look around...
CNDLIONHEARTED said:
... we'll have to see what hapenes comes September. Who knows may be they just scrap the whole deal and give us everything ;D for free!
THE DAMN THING WILL BE FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!uff...ok.. calming down now...

ledgabriel said:
ledgabriel said:
ledgabriel said:
... we'll have to see what hapenes comes September. Who knows may be they just scrap the whole deal and give us everything ;D for free!
THE DAMN THING WILL BE FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!uff...ok.. calming down now...
LOL. There's always one that will find something to moan about when there's freebees up for grabs. :D

oh man i can't wait until the release!!! i'm very excited about the changes to the standart version, and i hope it gets better than the "old" version ;D

Just bought a copy of the game on an advise from a friend and now I see that I may be in for an even better experience in the near future - sounds fantastic to me ;-)The only thing I´ve been a bit disappointed with so far is that the shop I bought it from didn´t get the advertising for the collectors edition right, it differs from country to country so no wolf medaillon or card game for me (German edition). On the other hand, I found a Nightwish promo video disc behind the game disc in the sealed case that wasn´t advertised on the box anywhere, so thumbs up for that ;DBut please, stop the smack talking about Oblivion. If you don´t get the point of a game where you are given the freedom to follow whatever path you may want to tread on with relatively few limits, you may just have to accept that it isn´t a game meant for you. That doesn´t make it a bad game though, I logged more thatn 600 hours playing Morrowind and Oblivion, but then again, I spent countless months playing Elite and its sequels (Frontier, First Encounters).If you want to compare The Witcher with something, compare it with the likes of Gothic or loosely with Dark Messiah (which is more action than RPG, but all games are these days).I like the setting of The Witcher better than those other games, but then again, I always liked the fairy tale movies from eastern Europe when I was a child - could have something to do with that ;)

Riskbreaker said:
so much good stuff is coming out in sept. im going to be broke
Yeah I'm afraid that late summer and fall are gonna be a bit video game intensive. Between that and the movies coming out in the next few months, I should be fine, as long as I don't do anything extravagant like eat. :whistle:

Xantia said:
Yeah I'm afraid that late summer and fall are gonna be a bit video game intensive. Between that and the movies coming out in the next few months, I should be fine, as long as I don't do anything extravagant like eat. :whistle:
Lol.

Kommunisator said:
The only thing I´ve been a bit disappointed with so far is that the shop I bought it from didn´t get the advertising for the collectors edition right, it differs from country to country so no wolf medaillon or card game for me (German edition). On the other hand, I found a Nightwish promo video disc behind the game disc in the sealed case that wasn´t advertised on the box anywhere, so thumbs up for that ;D
I´m from Brazil, I'm happy already if it comes with the DVD and if the DVD works... and if it doesn't, it'd be a miracle if they exchanged it...lol.. kiddin'; there's no promo edition here.. just the box n' disc.
Kommunisator said:
But please, stop the smack talking about Oblivion. If you don´t get the point of a game where you are given the freedom to follow whatever path you may want to tread on with relatively few limits, you may just have to accept that it isn´t a game meant for you. That doesn´t make it a bad game though, I logged more thatn 600 hours playing Morrowind and Oblivion, but then again, I spent countless months playing Elite and its sequels (Frontier, First Encounters).
Sorry for the Oblivion Smacking; I was actually unburdening from another post where someone else said how the game was good and worth their money and TW not. I was calmer then so I said how it is indeed just a matter of personal taste. Some people (like you) liked it and enjoyed it for hours, I can't play 40 seconds into the game without it boring the heck out of me.. (I can't even start to think how a peasant woman can block my sword blows with bare arms.. and I don't mean dodge it, but actually BLOCK it as if she had adamantium skin... and punch my big n' strong nordman through shield, armor and helmet... afff.. better stop..). And I've bought all the Oblivions expansions and downloaded everything there was to download as I desperate attempt to make the game more interesting for me... Ok now, if people didn't like TW why have all the trouble of joining the community, creating a profile and post on the forums to whine about the game??? I mean, I don't go to Bethesda's site to "smack" and complain about their game, I don't even know if there is an Oblivion forum. So you bought a game you didn't like, so what? Happens all the time, you spend your hard-earned money into a game you can't play, well.. download a pirate version before buying then... otherwise.. TOO BAD! It happens, Bethesda is not going to change Oblivion no matter how much I whine about it, and they are not giving me any refunds or any game for free (they could gimme a discount on Fallout 3 though.. buying all Oblivion's stuff was expensive... guess not..). Obsidian is done with NWN2, the most they can do is release other Expansions, but won't change the fact the game would be even less playable if you couldn't edit the XML files to at least change the GUI.So you didn't like TW (not YOU You, but.. whoever didint like it), well.. again, too bad, that's the game they released it, they won't change it!..... Oh wait! No.. this time is different, the devs actually heard your whining and tried to fix everything you didn't like about it, not only that, they included new material in it.. and they gave you for free since you already bought their original game!!! Where else have you seen this done? They could just go on releasing hundreds of patches that fix some bugs and creates another ten.. that's the common rule isn't it? At least for the other games we've seen.., NWN2 has so many patches you have to download, it feels you are downloading the rest of the game they forgot to release.SO.. Not liking the game is fine, it happens, but to criticize CDPR for their work? They are showing a damn lot of consideration; besides the free EE, look at their website, it's all complete, easy to find and download patches, a free browser game (that I find a great pass time, surfing the web, reading emails.. and just fighting other people.. lol.. good thing I don't take it too serious since I lose 10 out of 7 ??? matches in that thing.. lol ); news always up to date, costumer support through the forums which they actually show up to answer.. c' mon.. they have done a great job and deserve credit for that. People whining "it's the least they can do!! To give it for free..".. well.. no, it isn't, the least they could do is release dozens of patches to fix bugs.. otherwise, if you didn't like the game.. well....As another great example, see Bioware, with their support to NWN for years after the game, they still release extra modules and other add-ons to the game, and their website is also great with supporting material.Again, I was a little pi**ed off with people whining how they SHOULD get the EE for free and how CDPR was lousy at releasing TW, I didn't get anything from the companies of which games I wasted money on and didn't like, and I doubt any has.. If you go to a movie and don't like it, no one is giving you refunds for that.. not the theaters, neither the producers.. neither the actors.. The author of a book is not paying you back if you don't like his story is he? So.. don't take it personally, great that you got your money's worth in Oblivion and I apologize for "smacking" it so much...

ledgabriel said:
Ok now, if people didn't like TW why have all the trouble of joining the community, creating a profile and post on the forums to whine about the game??? I mean, I don't go to Bethesda's site to "smack" and complain about their game, I don't even know if there is an Oblivion forum. So you bought a game you didn't like, so what? Happens all the time, you spend your hard-earned money into a game you can't play, well.. download a pirate version before buying then... otherwise.. TOO BAD! It happens, Bethesda is not going to change Oblivion no matter how much I whine about it, and they are not giving me any refunds or any game for free (they could gimme a discount on Fallout 3 though.. buying all Oblivion's stuff was expensive... guess not..). Obsidian is done with NWN2, the most they can do is release other Expansions, but won't change the fact the game would be even less playable if you couldn't edit the XML files to at least change the GUI.So you didn't like TW (not YOU You, but.. whoever didint like it), well.. again, too bad, that's the game they released it, they won't change it!..... Oh wait! No.. this time is different, the devs actually heard your whining and tried to fix everything you didn't like about it, not only that, they included new material in it.. and they gave you for free since you already bought their original game!!! Where else have you seen this done? They could just go on releasing hundreds of patches that fix some bugs and creates another ten.. that's the common rule isn't it? At least for the other games we've seen.., NWN2 has so many patches you have to download, it feels you are downloading the rest of the game they forgot to release.
Totally agree with you, those who are complaining about the game or the Enhanced Edition of the game, what are you doing? Why join 'The Witcher' community to complain about the game? Great now I am complaining, dammit. Anyway this is the oldest saying in the book but if you have nothing nice to say then don't say it. :eek:

gamewidow said:
alternatively, post to the rant thread :) try here
Alright, see... CDPR was kind enough even for all of you who didn't like their game, go there and say how much you hate TW and leave us here to ask our questions about the upcoming EE.taking the opportunity.. so...are we gettin' sword sheaths? ::) ::) ;D ;D

Top Bottom