The Witcher Fan Art Thread

+
By Servia (Servia D.), whom we've not seen in ages.

I hear you. I've been fiddling with a program called Krita for the past few months. Drawing with a mouse is like trying to eat tough steak with a plastic fork.

Krita should support tablets though.
Post automatically merged:

Jakub Rozalski is not a newcomer to making Witcher related art. A while ago, he started posting interesting slides of his drawing process, often with hidden jokes and some of them include Geralt :)

Check this one out (scroll down): https://www.artstation.com/artwork/VdgDGR

I hear you. I've been fiddling with a program called Krita for the past few months. Drawing with a mouse is like trying to eat tough steak with a plastic fork.

Nice work on the pic, though!
Thanks! Still far road to go.
Yea, I have Krita as well, I created my first concept sketch on it. Wasn't very successful, didn't liked myself skill wise, and I kind of messed up with the layers. Basically it wasn't well thought out with all the layers, which made it hard to fix the whole thing later on when I needed to change stuff, and I realized, that I screwed up, so I just abandoned it and figured, that I should just start from basics in a slow pace, since I was rushed for the diploma, and it was my first attemt at doing a concept sketch.

Though, I had a good idea, just a bad execution :D Basically the sketch was meant to show in diploma (I have unfinished university, bachelor, and I kind of plan to finish it, but it will take time, since I realize I need a tablet, the mouse is indeed an hard experience and really slows you down. Like you said, eating a steak with a plastic fork, trying not to break the fork in the process. Doing it with the mouse is really demotivating for me, and I constantly think about how I should just wait until I am able to afford graphics tablet, and then start practicing. At the same time I figured, that I shouldn't waste time that much, and at least try to learn photobashing, at least that's something that can be done with a mouse, or learn to use custom shapes to create some piece of works.

I will try to recreate it someday after I have enough skill to do it technically correct, but I am sticking to Photoshop atm. since I need to learn Krita, but I will do it who knows when, when I need to learn forms and shapes, and how to technically make concept/environment correct.

By the way, what is your opinion about tablets? I am intending to skip the pad and save money for the tablet with the screen instead, such as recently released Huion Kamwas 13, and I am fully aware of the industry standard - Wacom - but they are so monopolized, and finally Huion is taking them on. So I am not sure whether you have used or use Huion product, but I am definitely sure, that you guys have Wacom's :D

Last edited:
Thanks! Still far road to go.
Yea, I have Krita as well, I created my first concept sketch on it. Wasn't very successful, didn't liked myself skill wise, and I kind of messed up with the layers. Basically it wasn't well thought out with all the layers, which made it hard to fix the whole thing later on when I needed to change stuff, and I realized, that I screwed up, so I just abandoned it and figured, that I should just start from basics in a slow pace, since I was rushed for the diploma, and it was my first attemt at doing a concept sketch.

Though, I had a good idea, just a bad execution :D Basically the sketch was meant to show in diploma (I have unfinished university, bachelor, and I kind of plan to finish it, but it will take time, since I realize I need a tablet, the mouse is indeed an hard experience and really slows you down. Like you said, eating a steak with a plastic fork, trying not to break the fork in the process. Doing it with the mouse is really demotivating for me, and I constantly think about how I should just wait until I am able to afford graphics tablet, and then start practicing. At the same time I figured, that I shouldn't waste time that much, and at least try to learn photobashing, at least that's something that can be done with a mouse, or learn to use custom shapes to create some piece of works.

I will try to recreate it someday after I have enough skill to do it technically correct, but I am sticking to Photoshop atm. since I need to learn Krita, but I will do it who knows when, when I need to learn forms and shapes, and how to technically make concept/environment correct.

By the way, what is your opinion about tablets? I am intending to skip the pad and save money for the tablet with the screen instead, such as recently released Huion Kamwas 13, and I am fully aware of the industry standard - Wacom - but they are so monopolized, and finally Huion is taking them on. So I am not sure whether you have used or use Huion product, but I am definitely sure, that you guys have Wacom's :D

I'm also started to learn drawing. When I was working on the textures for my mod, I used GIMP and mouse and I found drawing with mouse is not an easy task. A few weeks ago I downloaded Krita and I found that for drawing it could be better than Gimp. But a tablet or a digital drawing table is necessary! Because of financial reasons and because this is simply a hobby at this time I'm planning to buy a Huion H1060P in the spring and until that I practising pencil and paper drawing/sketching. Besides that learning Krita functions, so when I get the Graphic tablet I will have some skills.

It has been some Months since I showed off my first sword in this thread, so I guess it is time for me to proudly present you my second 3D printed sword: "Reach of the Damned"

rsz_pb111152a.jpg

It has a switch in the handle to turn the LEDs on or off, plus a hatch in the handle to change the colors.
rsz_pb280084a.jpg

rsz_pb280096a.jpg

I am currently working on my third sword, Loathen, so if you have any game qoutes or other witcher-related text you think would look nice on a blade, feel free to leave me a message.

It has been some Months since I showed off my first sword in this thread, so I guess it is time for me to proudly present you my second 3D printed sword: "Reach of the Damned"

View attachment 10988215
It has a switch in the handle to turn the LEDs on or off, plus a hatch in the handle to change the colors.
View attachment 10988218
View attachment 10988224
I am currently working on my third sword, Loathen, so if you have any game qoutes or other witcher-related text you think would look nice on a blade, feel free to leave me a message.
@DasFoli That sword is the coolest thing I've seen in a while! :D

Agreed.

Cooooool...

Top Bottom