The Witcher Fan Art Thread

+
Artwork by me (ECrystalica)

DwoWhfdXgAAzY0k.jpg

I'm also started to learn drawing. When I was working on the textures for my mod, I used GIMP and mouse and I found drawing with mouse is not an easy task. A few weeks ago I downloaded Krita and I found that for drawing it could be better than Gimp. But a tablet or a digital drawing table is necessary! Because of financial reasons and because this is simply a hobby at this time I'm planning to buy a Huion H1060P in the spring and until that I practising pencil and paper drawing/sketching. Besides that learning Krita functions, so when I get the Graphic tablet I will have some skills.
That's cool. Do practice with hands. I already went to University to study graphics design, after "finishing" it (I didn't finish it, but I did all four years out of four, just diploma is left), so I had fine arts / traditional art as well since basics are a must, and I learned quite some things since I never was exposed to art like that before I went there, and I still managed to score somewhat high among others. I wasn't the best, I know my issues and problems, but going there made me realize that I have a potential and talent, I just need to practice and figure out how things work.

I still don't have my own tablet since I couldn't find a job related to arts/graphic design, I did found some jobs, but those are unpleasing and I wasn't montivated to struggle through hard labor work with low wage.
Personally, half a year ago, I was looking at the yet to be released Huion Kamwas 13Pro that got released back in 15th of November I think. I hoped I could save up for it, but I really couldn't, because job with shifts are so bad if the wage is low.

Now I got some job as an IT, decent wage and all that, so finally I might be able to save up and get the damn tablet in the start of summer. I hope that I haven't lost some of my skills with the hand drawing. So now I will definitely be able to get it and start building my portfolio with inspiration and motivation, since I wont have no more excuses to not do it, great way to force myself since I have things required to do what I want and need.

By the way, how have you been since then?
It has been very demotivating for me to even do something towards my goal since the last time we spoke here. I have tried to start doing 3D meanwhile, since, like I mentioned, doing with mouse is frustrating, time consuming, and straining your arm from trying to be precise with 100x(exaggerated) zoom just to make good curved lines :D Heck, I couldn't even begin to learn the 3D, the demotivation and depression is hard thing to fight against. I know that 3D is a must where I want to get, and not just because it is a must, but I have learned that it eases at least 20-30% of creating the work since you have the scene made up from objects that already have the shadows and light source, which tends to be a hard thing to create from 0 if you're not a pro and can do it from 0 from your head :D

At first I wanted to learn Maya and create something there, but somehow I didn't got into it with all the issues I mentioned previously. But recently I stumbled upon a videos of teaching how to create an environment in Unreal Engine 4. So I figured I will try that one, and will try to get free assets somewhere for things I need, since I really don't want to go and create assets in Maya :D currently too lazy for modeling stuff from zero.
The scenes that can be created are very beautiful graphically wise, and it doesn't require a tablet.

Hi @smaddeus

In fact I didn't buy a tablet eithet, because if I have free time I play with 3D modeling in Blender. Besides I found hand drawing with pencil and paper from scratch is a bitch. The hardest thing in that is to put the right line to the right place with the right strenght with a single move. No errors allowed :) But I have plan to buy a cheaper graphic tablet (veikk a15 maybe) just for a try in digital drawing, and sculpting in Blender. My plan is to recreate Geralt from TW1 from scratch. I know character creation is a hard topic, but this is what keeps my motivation! After a few attempt I found that I must learn more than only the basics of 3D modeling and the software if I want to achieve a good result. So don't give up your dreams, I neither do :)

Hi @smaddeus
I bought an Xp-Pen Deco 01 and got it yesterday. Tried with Krita and the difference was "sky and earth" compared to mouse! I think for a begginer it's a good choice and not an expensive one. Ask me a month later and I can say more, but after the first look I can recommend it! If you intrested I can send the link in PM where I ordered from!

I bought an Xp-Pen Deco 01 and got it yesterday. Tried with Krita and the difference was "sky and earth" compared to mouse!

Good recommendation! I tried doing a couple of projects with Krita earlier in the year, and became absolutely fed up using a mouse.

Good recommendation! I tried doing a couple of projects with Krita earlier in the year, and became absolutely fed up using a mouse.

If you think about digital drawing, it is the first thing what you must have. I see now drawing with mouse like playing a racing simulator with keyboard. Throw cold water on you.
Post automatically merged:

The forgotten

Tw1Geralt.jpg

Last edited:
yours art work is wonderful . I like that .

I own XP-Pen Artist 12 Pro drawing Tablet with screen it's around 200usd brought during their Anniversary i would definitely suggest that . you can draw directly on the screen.Pressure sensitivity! It can detect more, and get more detail.

I mainly use illustrator but am wanting to play around with Photoshop retouching and colouring! after configuring the pressure curve correctly, it does the job!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, i dont know about You guys but i would love to play another witcher universe game from the perspective of other characters than Geralt. So i made a short fan project that shows how a game could look from Triss Merigold perspective menu and basic game mechanics.

Top Bottom