The Witcher Fan Art Thread

+
My version of a famous fairy tales as a tribute for Geralt. The eternal fire save the Witcher and his friends! I hope you have fun... ;)

There was once a little girl called Ciri. Everyone who saw her liked her, but most of all her stepmother Yen, who did not know what to give Ciri next. Once Yen gave her a little cap made of red velvet. Because it suited Ciri so well, and Ciri wanted to wear it all the time, she came to be known as Little Reds Ciri.
Because Yen was very ill, Reds Ciri lived for a while by the good Dandelion. One day Dandelion said to her, "Come Little Reds Ciri. Here is a piece of cake and a bottle of wine. Take them to Yen. She is sick and weak, and they will do her well. Mind your manners and give her my greetings. Behave yourself on the way, and do not leave the path, or you might fall down and break the glass, and then there will be nothing for Yen. And when you enter her parlor, don't forget to say 'Good morning,' and don't peer into all the corners first."
"I'll do everything just right," said Little Reds Ciri, shaking Dandelion's hand.
Yen lived out in the woods, a half hour from the village. When Little Reds Ciri entered the woods a wolf came up to her. Reds Ciri did not know what a wicked animal he was, and was not afraid of him.
"Good day to you, Little Reds Ciri." "Thank you, wolf." "Where are you going so early, Little Reds Ciri?" "To Yen." "And what are you carrying under your apron?" "Yen is sick and weak, and I am taking her some cake and wine. We baked yesterday, and they should be good for her and give her strength." "Little Reds Ciri, just where does Yen live?" "Yens house is good quarter hour from here in the woods, under the three large oak trees. There's a hedge of hazel bushes there. You must know the place," said Little Reds Ciri.
The wolf thought to himself, "Now that sweet young thing is a tasty bite for me. Reds Ciri will taste even better than the old Yeb. You must be sly, and you can catch them both." He walked along a little while with Little Reds Ciri, then he said, "Little Reds Ciri, just look at the beautiful flowers that are all around us. Why don't you go and take a look? And I don't believe you can hear how beautifully the birds are singing. You are walking along as though you were on your way to school. It is very beautiful in the woods."
Little Reds Ciri opened her eyes and when she saw the sunbeams dancing to and fro through the trees and how the ground was covered with beautiful flowers, she thought, "If a take a fresh bouquet to Yen, she will be very pleased. Anyway, it is still early, and I'll be home on time." And Reds Ciri ran off the path into the woods looking for flowers. Each time Reds Ciri picked one she thought that she could see an even more beautiful one a little way off, and she ran after it, going further and further into the woods. But the wolf ran straight to the Yen's house and knocked on the door.
"Who's there?" "Little Reds Ciri. I'm bringing you some cake and wine. Open the door." "Just press the latch," called out Yen. "I'm too weak to get up." The wolf pressed the latch, and the door opened. He stepped inside, went straight to the Yen's bed, and ate her up. Then he put on her clothes, put her cap on his head, got into her bed, and pulled the curtains shut.
Little Reds Ciri had run after the flowers. After she had gathered so many that she could not carry any more, Reds Ciri remembered her grandmother, and then continued on her way to her house. She found, to her surprise, that the door was open. Reds Ciri walked into the parlor, and everything looked so strange that she thought, "Oh, my God, why am I so afraid? I usually like it at Yen's."
Reds Ciri called out, "Good morning!" but received no answer. Then she went to the bed and pulled back the curtains. Yen was lying there with her cap pulled down over her face and looking very strange.
"Oh, Yen, what big ears you have!" "All the better to hear you with." "Oh, Yen, what big eyes you have!" "All the better to see you with." "Oh, Yen, what big hands you have!" "All the better to grab you with!" "Oh, Yen, what a horribly big mouth you have!" "All the better to eat you with!"
The wolf had scarcely finished speaking when he jumped from the bed with a single leap and ate up poor Little Reds Ciri. As soon as the wolf had satisfied his desires, he climbed back into bed, fell asleep, and began to snore very loudly.
Geralt was just passing by. He thought, "The old Yen is snoring so loudly. You had better see if something is wrong with her."Geralt stepped into the parlor, and when he approached the bed, he saw the wolf lying there. "So here I find you, you old sinner," Geralt said. "I have been hunting for you a long time."
He was about to aim his crossbow when it occurred to him that the wolf might have eaten the Yen, and that she still might be rescued. So instead of shooting, he took his pair of swords and began to cut open the wolf's belly. After a few cuts he saw the red cap shining through., and after a few more cuts Reds Ciri jumped out, crying, "Oh, I was so frightened! It was so dark inside the wolf's body!" And then Yen came out as well, alive but hardly able to breathe. Then Little Reds Ciri fetched some large stones. She filled the wolf's body with them, and when he woke up and tried to run away, the stones were so heavy that he immediately fell down dead.
The three of them were happy. Gerald skinned the wolf and went home with the pelt. Yen ate the cake and drank the wine that Little Reds Ciri had brought. And Little Reds Ciri thought, "As long as I live, I will never leave the path and run off into the woods by myself if Dandelion tells me not to."
------Fine------

Original version "Little Red Cap" by Brothers Grimm of course. :happy:

Last edited:
The Bard and the Witcher: One sees a romantic, misty ruin, the other a monster's lair:
By
Heksagon

This triggers my witcher autism so hard. Still fresh 2015 Russian translations of The Last Wish and Sword of Destiny illustrated by Александр В. Продан and Денис Дмитриевич Гордеев - Thanks for taking the pictures @Gilthoniel

TLW illustrations by Александр В. Продан (cover by Денис Дмитриевич Гордеев) ~ http://imgur.com/a/X6ItE
SoD illustrations made by Денис Дмитриевич Гордеев ~~ http://imgur.com/a/7t0PE

Vereena again :cry:

I also tried to explain why Ciri didn't even bother to recognize Hjalmar's existence in TW3. :dry:

@Sephira also made a little thingy. :thumbsup:

Shard of Ice in a nutshell.

Dandelion will hook you up!

And finally, Geralt's diagnosis.

Last edited:
This triggers my witcher autism so hard. Still fresh 2015 Russian translations of The Last Wish and Sword of Destiny illustrated by Александр В. Продан and Денис Дмитриевич Гордеев - Thanks for taking the pictures @Gilthoniel

TLW illustrations by Александр В. Продан (cover by Денис Дмитриевич Гордеев) ~ http://imgur.com/a/X6ItE
SoD illustrations made by Денис Дмитриевич Гордеев ~~ http://imgur.com/a/7t0PE

Vereena again :cry:

I also tried to explain why Ciri didn't even bother to recognize Hjalmar's existence in TW3 :dry:

@Sephira also made a little thingy :thumbsup:

Those drawings, that lore... such beautiful sight. ;_; Have to say I prefer TLW drawings style, but we have so much lore friendly material in SOD, like Geralt's hair. Perfect.

You forgot your masterpiece :p

Is there maybe an artwork of last moments from 2nd book, when Geralt meets Ciri again? This is the best moment for me of entire series.

---------- Updated at 04:28 PM ----------

Saw you submitted this for the fan art contest. Good luck! You're going to be a tough person to compete with!

---------- Post merged on 14-05-2015 at 01:40 AM ----------

Wrapped up some last minute details I've been working on and submitted my piece for the contest. Hope you guys enjoy, I really had a great time doing a scene from the books that has stuck with me over the years.

The street is on fire, a roaring red wall of flame. Silhouetted before it, a rider towers over the
flaming roofs, enormous. His black-caparisoned horse prances, tosses its head, neighs.
The rider stares down at her. Ciri sees his eyes gleaming through the slit in his huge helmet,
framed by a bird of prey's wings. She sees the fire reflected in the broad blade of the sword
held in his lowered hand.

The rider looks at her. Ciri is unable to move. The dead man's motionless arms wrapped
around her waist hold her down. She is locked in place by something heavy and wet with
blood, something which is lying across her thigh, pinning her to the ground.

And she is frozen in fear: a terrible fear which turns her entrails inside out, which deafens Ciri
to the screams of the wounded horse, the roar of the blaze, the cries of dying people and the
pounding drums. The only thing which exists, which counts, which still has any meaning, is
fear. Fear embodied in the figure of a black knight wearing a helmet decorated with feathers
frozen against the wall of raging, red flames.

This one is stunning!

Can some russian tell my name of king on this image ? (I red novels, but I can not figure it out)

Attachments

• king.jpg
    king.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 83
Can some russian tell my name of king on this image ? (I red novels, but I can not figure it out)

Aww this is mine photo from the book - I'm not Russian though - this is from the first short story in The Last Wish book - this is Foltest with his hounds

Last edited:
Top Bottom