The Witcher Fan Art Thread

+
The Witcher Fan Art Thread [Links defective]

Fan Art chamber
--> http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=673.0Fan Fiction Council --> http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=9769.0International Association of Screenshot makers --> http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2538.0How to post a Screenshot? --> http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=7884.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: March 2015

* The Witcher Fan art Thread, for fan artworks The Witcher related, fan-made craftworks, fan-made wallpapers or editing, cosplays, etc.

* Ciri fandom, Ciri artworks\cosplays related

* Land of Sorceresshttp://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/15466-Land-of-sorceresses, collection of artworks\cosplay about sorcesses in The Witcher universe.

*Community MEMEs, Memes and gif about The Witcher

* Fan fictions, fan-made videos, fan-made music or music trailers, post your own into this board.

You are free to post your own fan fiction\pictures in this board as you wish, opening new posts for more visibility, or posting in one of the already existing threads. Please, do not spam, check the board before posting something that it's already been posted.

Whenever it is possible, please do not forget to credit the author of the picture\text\music\video you are sharing in the board if it does not belong to you. Include the source in your post as well, please.

EDIT: This thread is for original works of art; screenshots are over here: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/58236-The-Witcher-Screenshot-Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, that's lovely, Le Biclarel! You do the cards really well.More?(Sorry for the delay in replying to you; the white-on-black text of the new forum gives me a headache, so I haven't been reading as much.)

drawing of geralt. you can tell it's him because of the scar over his left eye.

seamusgod said:
Dude, he looks the exact opposite of Geralt.. The only thing they have in common is that scar.. Your character looks like a pussy who has somehow got his hands on a Witcher's sword and doesn't know what to do with it.. no offence!

People, its not a fault of his drawing. Its just that witchers don't go waltzing around in that kind of armor.

eskiMoe said:
eskiMoe said:
Dude, he looks the exact opposite of Geralt.. The only thing they have in common is that scar.. Your character looks like a pussy who has somehow got his hands on a Witcher's sword and doesn't know what to do with it.. no offence!
but that clearly is geralt. he has the eye mutation(hard to make out in the drawing) and the scar. it's him. he just has amnesia. and notice lack of breastplate. he's really gambling with his life. what a bad ass.

"Gambling with his life"? Dude... he's just f**king standing there. And how can you make out from the picture he has Amnesia? If you're talking of the vacant look on his face, I had that look every time I went for an exam. Doesn't mean I had amnesia. Just meant...oh never mind what it meant.

Vilgefortze said:
"Gambling with his life"? Dude... he's just f**king standing there. And how can you make out from the picture he has Amnesia? If you're talking of the vacant look on his face, I had that look every time I went for an exam. Doesn't mean I had amnesia. Just meant...oh never mind what it meant.
he has amnesia in the game. my geralt drawing is based on the geralt from witcher 2. not necessarily from witcher 1 either. because imho, the character design from witcher 1 was compromised. if you looked at the earlier alpha witcher 1 screenshots, the characters all wore very realistic armor, not the huge bulky stuff seen in the final game.i am glad they are returning to that earlier vision with witcher 2. my original geralt drawing with the sallet i admit was a bit too much. so i scaled back the level of armor he wore. now this version wears an opened pigface klappvisor. instead of a metal gorget, he has chainmail over cloth around his neck. he doesn't wear breastplate, but a jupon, which is a thick padded cloth armor. and he wears his red leather pants from the trailers, as well as a shinbaulde(i'm not sure what it's called exactly. but it's basically a greave but only with the front part).apart from the helmet, he has virtually the same level of movement as with his leather armor, if not more, because it is a cloth jupon. i included the helmet because this geralt has amnesia and the degree of danger he faces is much greater this time around. he is conflicted, knowing the reputation of witchers as fearless monster hunters, he also needs to please his temerian overlords, who want him to assimilate in dress and tradition. moreover he feels the need to protect his life at all costs. the money he received from working with king foltest has given him a taste for the "color" as well as the mercenary lifestyle. finally, in pitched battle, it is hard to distinguish friend from foe. so geralt, using his wile, has identified himself with a red and white jupon.just a statement about the drawing to clear things up. hope you enjoyed it. i may do a triss drawing as well.thank you for the criticisms and encouragements.

seamusgod said:
i included the helmet because this geralt has amnesia and the degree of danger he faces is much greater this time around. he is conflicted, knowing the reputation of witchers as fearless monster hunters, he also needs to please his temerian overlords, who want him to assimilate in dress and tradition. moreover he feels the need to protect his life at all costs. the money he received from working with king foltest has given him a taste for the "color" as well as the mercenary lifestyle. finally, in pitched battle, it is hard to distinguish friend from foe. so geralt, using his wile, has identified himself with a red and white jupon.
Seems to me like you're taking Sapkowskis' most famous character and altering him both physically and mentally to suit your own fantasy story created in your head. The character you describe in your post is not Geralt:" he also needs to please his temerian overlords, who want him to assimilate in dress and tradition "Seriously? Who is this wimp? Definitely not Geralt. The picture you made is not Geralt. It' just some random military dude with a scar and silver sword. If you had not said it was a drawing of Geralt, nobody would've guessed it. If you want to make fan art, stick to your source material, please!

the amnesia is a clever trick to bring geralt back from the dead and allow the player to make decisions that the geralt from the book wouldn't necessarily make. would the geralt from the book ever wear armor? probably not. would the geralt from the game wear armor? that is up to the player's decision. he medium of the game allows such things whereas literature cannot.i will be drawing triss merigold next.

silly me. the player has no control over supporting characters like triss merigold. and they have already finalized her design. instead i will be drawing yennefer or maybe shani. doesn't matter. it will be a female character.

ya. Go ahead seamusgod. Do a Triss, Yennefer and Shani all in one picture. And if possible, all without armor ( or other protective fabrics).....heh heh }:}

Top Bottom