The Witcher Fan Fiction Contest

+
The Witcher Fan Fiction Contest

Prepare your pens and keyboards! The Witcher Fan fiction contest has just been launched! We wait for your stories based on the game world. Write down your story and send it to us!. There are 3 books "Last Wish" by Andrzej Sapkowski waiting for you. The contest ends by 5th January 2008.How tu upload your story:Login onto the community site, click the "fan fiction" link in the community menu section, paste your story and then save it (assure the "request publishing" is checked).Best stories will be published on our website after presenting contest results.The stories must be written in English.

Is this a free challenge?I know it from other fan fiction contests that there would themes or maybe restriction about the content (not allowed things or language ;D )

Maki said:
Is this a free challenge?I know it from other fan fiction contests that there would themes or maybe restriction about the content (not allowed things or language ;D )
Have you pay the game ??? LOL I mean, it is part of it, has to be part of the contest too.... But this is an art !! Little bit well written is good, but getting too deep ( no word play here ) into details is not....Dont quote me tho, this is what i think and not the official rules !!

@ Mobidoy:Yeah, but there are still laws that forbid me to get too graphic while underage persons could read it. ;)What I meant is: In some contest I know there are certain rules like certain persons have to appear or a certain situation has happend. It's just to make the contest not to easy or to give a certain theme. Geralts world is big...

Yup exactly what i think too... but, you do have to enter your age before coming in, there are warnings and... well go thru the posts... There is a certain freedom about it... Limited but still, it's not what you usualy see anywhere else....Got to admit that, it is part of the storie and part of the game !!

Nice idea.(Un)fortunately I already have an english copy of "Last Wish". I caught it at the Games Convention this summer. ^^Great book. It's worth it.

Just a couple of questions.. what is the expected scope for the fanfic? How many pages (A4) minimum - maximum? Is poetry allowed too? Does Geralt have to be the main character?Don't know what I'll write yet, but I'd like to know what the options are :)

Kaeldorn said:
Just a couple of questions.. what is the expected scope for the fanfic? How many pages (A4) minimum - maximum? Is poetry allowed too? Does Geralt have to be the main character?Don't know what I'll write yet, but I'd like to know what the options are :)
It is a freestyle contest - so write it the way you want, without any length restrictions. And of course you can also pick any character you like.Have fun :).

Thanks for the quick response. I'll get to writing as soon as I have an idea (which is actually harder than the writing itself :-\ ).

Brysiu said:
The stories should be written in English.
mh...should be...or must be?If I write in my language (italiano) It would be better for me but if you say that story has been written only in english...mh...ok...i'll try to write something

Does it have to be based off the books??Can it be based on the game???It'd be damn cool if CD Projekt RED can take the winning story and makes it into a Game Extension. :pHow long does the story have to be at the least???And what is the max. length allowed?

MysterD said:
Does it have to be based off the books??Can it be based on the game???It'd be damn cool if CD Projekt RED can take the winning story and makes it into a Game Extension. :pHow long does the story have to be at the least???And what is the max. length allowed?
I think Brysiu already answered that in his reply to my questions 8)Freestyle means anything allowed as long as it takes place in the witcher's world in this case. Well, as long as you keep it civil enough I suppose.

spaceball said:
spaceball said:
The stories should be written in English.
mh...should be...or must be?If I write in my language (italiano) It would be better for me but if you say that story has been written only in english...mh...ok...i'll try to write something
Must be. We want to publish it for everyone and most of the community speaks english.

I'm quite tempted to enter for this one, but I have a quick question. I only speak English, so I haven't read much of Sapkowski's works. I'd prefer to write something that is in keeping with the wider themes and atmosphere of TW, but unless I learn Polish before Jan 5th that's not going to happen. Can you explain the submission process a bit clearer? As I understand it, you guys read and review the submissions before anyone else sees them, am I right? I'd wouldn't want my entry to be published if it didn't fit in with the books etc, thats all...Thanks in advance ;)

You can use the Witcher Wiki as a help in making the stories consistent with the Witcher canon. If you have any canon questions, we can always answer them there.

Vincalis said:
I'm quite tempted to enter for this one, but I have a quick question. I only speak English, so I haven't read much of Sapkowski's works. I'd prefer to write something that is in keeping with the wider themes and atmosphere of TW, but unless I learn Polish before Jan 5th that's not going to happen. Can you explain the submission process a bit clearer? As I understand it, you guys read and review the submissions before anyone else sees them, am I right? I'd wouldn't want my entry to be published if it didn't fit in with the books etc, thats all...Thanks in advance ;)
The story can be based ONLY on the game. There is no need of reading books. The game is based on Sapkowski's stories, why don;t make stories based on the game now?The stroy will be published after our approve. All stories that we like will be published (eve if they do not win in the contest).

Eriash said:
The story can be based ONLY on the game. There is no need of reading books. The game is based on Sapkowski's stories, why don;t make stories based on the game now?The stroy will be published after our approve. All stories that we like will be published (eve if they do not win in the contest).
Great, thanks! Well, I bought a copy of The Last Wish earlier today anyway; Temeria is too interesting. And I've read most of it already... ::)Oh, and thanks for the wiki link Ausir!

Eriash said:
Eriash said:
Does the main character of the fan-fiction story have to be Geralt The Witcher???Can the main character be a character I decide to invent right into the story???Can I invent my own secondary characters into the story???

Top Bottom