The Witcher Fan Fiction Contest

+
Hi, I've posted my story but there seems to be a problem, I already sent a message to one of the mods about it, but just in case I want to make it clear here. This is what happened:When I first entered to publish my story I noticed that there was an option to see all posted stories up to date, so I checked that out, there was two stories in total. Then I selected "Add" and tried to add my story, gave it a title, pasted the content, checked "Request Publishing" and saved it. However when I rechecked the "ShowAll" page mine didn't show up, so I assumed that there was a problem with the posting, so I did it again, two times, but nothing. The last time (16/12/07 - with the title in upper case), just for testing I checked the "ShowMine" option and I realized that all my postings were there, just not in the "ShowAll" page.So what I want is to make a simple request for the judges (which, I suppose, won't be members of the forum), consider my last post and disregard the first three, since I didn't know what I was doing, and also forgive me for the troubles I may have caused.Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Soulforged said:
Hi, I've posted my story but there seems to be a problem, I already sent a message to one of the mods about it, but just in case I want to make it clear here. This is what happened:When I first entered to publish my story I noticed that there was an option to see all posted stories up to date, so I checked that out, there was two stories in total. Then I selected "Add" and tried to add my story, gave it a title, pasted the content, checked "Request Publishing" and saved it. However when I rechecked the "ShowAll" page mine didn't show up, so I assumed that there was a problem with the posting, so I did it again, two times, but nothing. The last time (16/12/07 - with the title in upper case), just for testing I checked the "ShowMine" option and I realized that all my postings were there, just not in the "ShowAll" page.So what I want is to make a simple request for the judges (which, I suppose, won't be members of the forum), consider my last post and disregard the first three, since I didn't know what I was doing, and also forgive me for the troubles I may have caused.Thanks and good luck to everyone.
ok. don't worry :)

Hmm, I also had a couple of diffuculties with submitting. I've now got 4 copies of the same thing in the 'Show Mine' list, beacuse the formatting didn't work out right the first time and each time you Edit it creates an entirely new (and non-deletable) version. Only one's flagged with Request Publishing, but it would be nice to be able to remove the badly formatted versions.

Vincalis said:
Hmm, I also had a couple of diffuculties with submitting. I've now got 4 copies of the same thing in the 'Show Mine' list, beacuse the formatting didn't work out right the first time and each time you Edit it creates an entirely new (and non-deletable) version. Only one's flagged with Request Publishing, but it would be nice to be able to remove the badly formatted versions. ;DRegardless, good luck all! 8)
I can assure you we will revise every sent story and if we see some multiple submit stories we will only look at the last one.

Brysiu said:
Brysiu said:
Just a couple of questions.. what is the expected scope for the fanfic? How many pages (A4) minimum - maximum? Is poetry allowed too? Does Geralt have to be the main character?Don't know what I'll write yet, but I'd like to know what the options are :)
It is a freestyle contest - so write it the way you want, without any length restrictions.
So, what if someone writes a 500 page story? :p

MysterD said:
If anyone can write a coherent 500-page story in ~4 weeks then I salute them. As an added bonus I'd have the chance to read ~490 pages more than I expected! ;D

Vincalis said:
Vincalis said:
If anyone can write a coherent 500-page story in ~4 weeks then I salute them. As an added bonus I'd have the chance to read ~490 pages more than I expected! ;D
Hehe! :)I've got about 7 pages typed (in MS Word) so far, with my fan-fiction story....Still got more to go!EDIT:After we put up our entry using your link and all to post it up here, can we actually link in this thread the actual original file we have for it and all? Is it okay if I can I find somewhere else online to host my original say MS Word WitcherFanFictionStory.DOC file so people can see it all formatted, all set-up w/ cover pages, and everything???

I have another question *blush*Can we attach FanArt Illustrations?I drew a picture for my Fan Fic... or will a link suffice?

AgentGriff said:
Once we save it and request publishing what exactly do we do? Wait for an answer?
Yup. Precisely.
AgentGriff said:
I have another question *blush*Can we attach FanArt Illustrations?I drew a picture for my Fan Fic... or will a link suffice?
It is a fan fiction, not a fan art contest :). However, you can place your fan art pic in the fan art section on our website (http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/fanarts/) and then put a link from it in your story. I think its the best possible solution ;). Cheers and Merry Xmas ;D

I suppose this authorization process must take some time if there are only two released fan fics thus far. Either that or there aren't many aspiring writers among the boards.

AgentGriff said:
I suppose this authorization process must take some time if there are only two released fan fics thus far. Either that or there aren't many aspiring writers among the boards.
They're not revealing the submissions yet, those two are old :)

Well, from the looks of it, it either takes a long time to evaluate a submission or it takes a very short time but submissions aren't shown. Perhaps they will show submissions when the contest ends, so every fan fic can be seen.

Top Bottom