The Witcher Fan Fiction Contest

+
My story features Geralt, but I tried to focus on the other 'main' character more for a different perspective.Although with a word count of only ~3300 and at about 7 pages in MS Word, I'm wondering if you guys have a lot more dialogue than me! ;D...I'd love to know when we finally get to read the submitted entries though...

Vincalis said:
My story features Geralt, but I tried to focus on the other 'main' character more for a different perspective.Although with a word count of only ~3300 and at about 7 pages in MS Word, I'm wondering if you guys have a lot more dialogue than me! ;D...I'd love to know when we finally get to read the submitted entries though...
Only 7 pages w/ that many words??Hmmm....Did you double-space it?Yeah, I always double-space.Namely b/c if I print out anything I do write and proof-read it there, I will make corrections b/t where it's double-space. My old teachers used to do that and I always liked that idea!Yeah, if you didn't notice from the way I'm talking, I write my own (fantasy/medieval) stories in my spare time, BTW -- when I get spare time away from playing my massive collection of computer games! :p

HyMy fic is only 3 pages long or 4 I don't know now but I translated it.Tell me where can I upload it?Here or somewhere else.Greetings.

Please check the first post.
Brysiu said:
How tu upload your story:Login onto the community site, click the "fan fiction" link in the community menu section, paste your story and then save it (assure the "request publishing" is checked).The stories must be written in English.

Quick question: How is line wrapping handled by the editor? Will it strip out new line characters from editors automatically etc?

kalniel said:
Quick question: How is line wrapping handled by the editor? Will it strip out new line characters from editors automatically etc?
I simply did copy and paste out of my word document...The formatting wasn't disrupted when I did that. Too bad we can't re-check on our stuff with some sort of preview... so as soon as you hit the save button it's gone for the time being *sigh* too bad.

Yeah, that was a nice surprise -- that it kept all my formatting, too......Well, except for the page-breaks.I use page breaks for splitting the story into "Chapters", basically. Doesn't matter too much, since I do have it split, so that when a new chapter begins, it says "Chapter 1", "Chapter 2", etc etc.

Eriash said:
Eriash said:
How tu upload your story:Login onto the community site, click the "fan fiction" link in the community menu section, paste your story and then save it (assure the "request publishing" is checked).The stories must be written in English.
--------------HyWhere can I found this community site?Pls give me the link.Thank you. ;)

hmmm... i tried editing my previous upload but now it seems that i have 4 copies of my fan fic ??? i sure hope they only use the latest one like they saidthanks for this contest btw

hamratus said:
hmmm... i tried editing my previous upload but now it seems that i have 4 copies of my fan fic ??? i sure hope they only use the latest one like they saidthanks for this contest btw
Yeah, I would do like to edit/replace my previous fan-fic with a more refined version (writing all day and night can produce some weird sentence structures)Yet, since I have no access to what I have send off there - I dunno if they take the last one? Perhaps adding a head-note?What does the jury say about this? Is it alright to send a newer version?

They already said they'd take the latest entry (read the rest of this thread :p )Mine's submitted. More of a short story than anything else - I don't like reading too much text on websites or in games ;)

AlidaGeraltFan said:
AlidaGeraltFan said:
AlidaGeraltFan said:
--------------HyWhere can I found this community site?Pls give me the link.Thank you. ;)
go to www.thewitcher.com and you have everything right there.

Eriash said:
Eriash said:
Eriash said:
Eriash said:
go to www.thewitcher.com and you have everything right there.
-----------------HyThank you my friend. ;)

HyWell I upload it.And I think it's greate.The love of a witcher--That's the name of my fan fic.If you see it pls read it.Oh I read the other two fan fic and I like it. Greate work. ;)I really want to read more good fan fics.Keep up the good work my friends.Greetings from Hungary

Has anybody had their story published?Mine still is waiting...Or are they waiting to publish them after the contest ends?And will it be AFTER the "winners" list is released?

MysterD said:
Has anybody had their story published?Mine still is waiting...Or are they waiting to publish them after the contest ends?And will it be AFTER the "winners" list is released?
----------HyMy fan fic is waiting to.But I really want to show to eweryone.

I do not expect them to publish anything before the 5th January. No clue how they proceed - if they read them as they come in - or if they wait till the 5th and start reading then. My friend who beta read me (big HUGGY for Sherry) was thrilled by the Prelude and wanted to know more about the characters and what happens after that :D so I guess it was alright enough since she is brutally honest when stories don't work for her.But hmm no clue if my story will be really appreciated here, since it has no sex, angst and romance ;D but it's certainly not for mincing people.

Heh, you're not alone there Rhian. My own story lacks anything intimate or romantic.The location I set it in probably has a lot to do with it... ;DOtherwise it would have been a match made in heaven!I don't know if they *can* start judging entries before the 5th, because until then we could (technically) still update/resubmit them. And there may be last-minute entries, too. It would be nice to have some word of how long it will be between the deadline and when we get to read the entries though. Hopefully the judges have some idea of that at this stage? A few days? A week? ...I know.... I'm being hopeful ;)

Good to know I am not alone with this Vincalis ;DNot that I mind romance or smut... but it wouldn't have been realistic and felt out of place.I am more worried about the formatting. I have it neatly written with word and neatly formatted and that tends to cause problems with most web panels.The text gets stretched all over the screen... (at least when I hit the full view button)As I saved it, the text got somehow lumped together to one fat text huddle for a split second... dunno if that was just a visual effect to scare me white...

A quick question: is the last day for submitting stories the 4th or the 5th of January?Can I still send mine today?the "show mine" button does not show my submission.

Top Bottom