The Witcher: Farewell of The White Wolf

+
I hope Iorveth is in this
He is. See here.

Hello!

We're announcing a search for someone experienced in 3D modelling and rigging in 3ds max. REDkit knowledge is not required.

As you may know, we're trying to give this adventure the best detail and technical quality. In theory, we can do everything on our own, but during the develompment process some ideas come up to mind, small ideas whose production we have to postpone, because there are more urgent matters on the way. And extra pair of capable hands would help us to calmly work on the modification and give it more details, those kind which will make game more immersive and fun to look at. We need a person who we can contact, when we come up with something to import to the game and rig to skeleton.

It won't be a huge amount of work, we're assuming about 20 meshes, including bodys, clothing, accessories. So if you have experience in 3D modelling, it shouldn't cause a problem for you. From our own experience, we know that non-profit work is the best, when you have a will to do it, so you can count on us not pushing :)

If you think your abilities with rigging are good and you want to give something from yourself to The Farewell of the White Wolf, write to us! Maybe you know a person, who may want it? Give a hint!

Some new screenshots coming soon!

Cheers!

12_f_en.png

Hello!

For couple of weeks we will show you some graphical changes by posting comparison pictures of newly taken shots with older screens and frames from gameplays. At first very old shots with Geralt, Priscilla, Vincent and Carmen.

In every post you will also get some info. Many of you maybe joined us recently, so we will briefly remind, that this is a fan-made continuation of Geralt's story from Andrzej Sapkowski's books and CD PROJEKT RED's games. It tells a story of Geralt's and Yennefer's wedding. There will be no voicover. We are establishing our own path from previous games, so don't be surprised when you see Letho or Keira.

Maybe some of you think, that this is huge expansion with open world, character development, notice boards, lots of contracts and exploration with scale of Blood and Wine itself. We have to correct this and explain, that this is more intimate story, based mainly on dialogues, which mostly take place in halls of Kaer Morhen, but it will take you from time to time to surprising, darker places.

If you want to meet old friends from short stories, Saga or games, and experience together with Geralt and Yen one of their most important day in their lifes or get to know some small stories in a spirit of the dark world of the Witcher, then you will enjoy this adventure for sure.

If you want to ask something, don’t hesitate and write a comment!

Cheers!

Guest 3847602

It's not that I put huge importance on character models, but all of them looks clearly better now (especially Carmen), so props to whoever answered your call. I've noticed that the wall texture behind Geralt is greatly improved as well and has more details to it.
It's shaping up really nicely, and again, I'm glad to see you guys are not cutting any corners with this mod.(y)

It's not that I put huge importance on character models, but all of them looks clearly better now (especially Carmen), so props to whoever answered your call. I've noticed that the wall texture behind Geralt is greatly improved as well and has more details to it.
It's shaping up really nicely, and again, I'm glad to see you guys are not cutting any corners with this mod.(y)

That wasn't due to any new member :D We haven't found anyone yet :p It is just a result of years of hard work and taking details seriously :p

Technically, models didn't changed at all (except the eyes, we improved them a lot) :D Skeleton, normalmaps, materials and lightning is that what got improved :)

Hello!

Today we show you next screenshot, with Nenneke. Her model came a long way and now she is way more similar to human being than before.

The lighting indoors has changed as well. Many places were too dark, many models were too bright. Dawn and evening are more warm, since main source of light is candlelight, when in the middle of the day the outdoor light will make colours a little colder. Of course we are taking lighting from the keep in TW3 as a reference.

When we published our first screenshots, we heard that our models are great, maybe textures are little worse than in TW3. To be precise, they are identical quality, because they are straight from TW3. Then what makes a difference? Materials, which decide how a model interpret the light. Put TW2 lightning and TW2 materials together and you will never achieve TW3 character looks. But we’re trying hard by editing both lighting and materials.

We assure you, although we are showing you graphical changes, we are working on every aspect of the adventure. It’s just the easiest way to show you something and don’t spoil too much.

Cheers!

"He was different from all other elves. There was no shame in his gaze. He had never suffered persecution, he had endured no massacres, humans had not taken his land. This elf was not of this world. He was an invader."

"Eredin Bréacc Glas smiled showing his teeth. Ciri had seen such teeth - very white, very small, inhuman, all identical and with no canines. She had seen teeth like that in the elves lying dead, lined up in the courtyard of the guardhouse in Kaedwen. She had also seen such teeth in Sparks. But when Sparks smiled it looked nice, when Eredin did it, it looked ghaslty."

""Eternity", Eredin said soberly, but his strange green eyes flashed. "But this is your speciality, Avallac'h. Your speciality and your responsibility.""

Nice improvements concerning Nenneke, she looks much better now, more lively. Also Eredin looks nice. Would you consider some kind of Christmas present for us. I don't mean the release of the mod but some nice Christmas screenshots like last year :D.

Greetings Nemo

Last edited:
Nice improvements concerning Nenneke, she looks much better now, more lively. Also Eredin looks nice.

Thanks! :D Happy to hear that :)

Would you consider some kind of Christmas present for us. I don't mean the release of the mod but some nice Christmas screenshots like last year

Not sure we will, we are working on some things important to the adventure itself with more crunchy approach than ever, hard to say if we will have some time to give an event special like some time ago. But we'll see :p

Winter dawns in the valley of Gwenllech river sometimes are foggy and cloudy...

We hope that your tomorrow morning will be sunny, quiet and calm, that sun shafts will meet you fresh and rested. But for now, when the night is still young, we wish you, most of all, a dwarven head!

Happy New Year!

Any new about this mod? What would happen to this with the current situation? Any new plan? or is the project paralyzed?

Top Bottom