The Witcher: Farewell of The White Wolf

+
Any new about this mod? What would happen to this with the current situation? Any new plan? or is the project paralyzed?

Not at all paralayzed, just grabbing some things together, one improvement after another, second one implies third one and that's taking some time :p But very, very soon you will get something :D

I can ad my concerns about the current situation so I hope you develpors are fine and healthy! I stopped modding or messing around with the REDKit for a while but I even check this thread more often than any news about Cyberpunk 2077. :D Do you have any plans concerning releasing a a certain point of time ( dodging AAA titles) because ifCyberpunk and some other big games get released the majoritiy of the players would play those games and maybe not notice your work?
Best Regards

I can ad my concerns about the current situation so I hope you develpors are fine and healthy! I stopped modding or messing around with the REDKit for a while but I even check this thread more often than any news about Cyberpunk 2077. :D Do you have any plans concerning releasing a a certain point of time ( dodging AAA titles) because ifCyberpunk and some other big games get released the majoritiy of the players would play those games and maybe not notice your work?
Best Regards

Yeah, thanks, our health is good! :D Hope yours is too :p That is one tough question from you :p Hard to answer at this moment, because we are not yet aware when exactly we will release FotWW. We don't consider our work as a competition for AAA titles for sure, but of course we want to be noticed by every witcher fan. On the other hand, when we finish the adventure, we will not postpone its premiere for long just because of some huge premieres. A week or two, yeah, sure, in this case we will, but not months :p Cyberpunk is breaking to the media like a massive full-borg and will dominate them for a long time, as it deserves to do, so checking every date and accouncement to steal some attention would be pointless :p We haven't started our own final series of promotionial materials yet, so I'm sure we'll convince more fans to play it, remind those faithful ones that waiting is worth it, and of course we will continue to promote FotWW some time after premiere :p

Hello!

Martyna Kaleta, the journalist from Polish popculture website moviesroom.pl was kind enough to do interview with us. There are many new screenshots for you to see in the link, so feel encouraged to check them out. We bet you will see the improvement in graphics!

LINK to the interview

Because the language may be difficult, we took the most important things we mentioned and translated them for you. Enjoy!

- Last period of silence was caused by wrapping up graphic layer of the adventure. We didn’t want to show you bugged or unfinished screenshots, but from now, when the overall graphics represent final quality (even if some details will yet improve), we will be more generous.

- We didn’t established exact date yet. We postponed it two times already and we won’t announce it until we will be ready. Two delays were caused by very different reasons. First one, in 2016, were due to our optimism when we were sure we can complete the adventure in a year. But, the reality met us and showed that it is impossible. And we got a few nice ideas to implement into the mod, so we moved the date to 2018. In 2018 we had finished a great amount of the adventure, but we got more skilled with REDkit and started to notice how many bugs in quest structure and in graphical layer we had. When we encountered a bug, we had to search for workarounds that would do some damage to our faulty structure. So we decided to postpone the date once more and redone the structure. Simultaneusly, we fixed graphic bugs and enhanced almost every aspect of it (materials, lightning, rigging). We are closing fast to the premiere, but the date won’t be announced today, but soon, with a nice video material. And sooner you will get two videos with graphics comparison then and now.

- We mentioned that we tried some amateur Polish voiceover solutions, but it didn’t satisfy us enough. Professional VO is impossible for us to do not only because of money, but especially because the huge of amount of time it would take to make it perfect. Our priority is realeasing the mod without VO. We are aware, that not everyone like this idea and we are totally cool with that. We know that good VO is huge part of The Witcher games, so if you try to play and won’t feel comfortable without VO, then you can simply decide whether you will continue playing or not. Of course we would love the idea of every witcher fan playing our adventure and giving us feedback, but we are doing everything we can to make FotWW as nice as we can, and some things unfortunately we can’t do. But seeing many comments like „I don’t need VO, I can hear them in my head” really lifts our spirits that many of you will give FotWW a chance.

- About locations, from games of The Witcher series there is one known place we can tell you about, it’s obviously Kaer Morhen. But there are some familiar places from games we won’t spoil for you (but one of them has already appeared on some screenshots). Furthermore, 1st floor and laboratory of Kaer Morhen from TW1 return to the castle. We also have some locations strictly made for our adventure, both peaceful and dark. We are giving much attention to their look, to envourage player to walk and see the view, rather than run through the quest very fast. Despite the fact that you will spend there rather short amount of time, we want to give you nice graphical experience. Everyone remembers how beautiful and memorable (and short) was time and space travelling with Avallac’h in TW3, right?

- The hardest part is to make believeable characters. We all know them through and through, so every tiny inconsistency will be visible. We have to make Geralt both sarcastic and with tendency to give philosophical monologues. Keep Dandelion’s cheer of life, but remember that he got his very wise commentaries sometimes. Yennefer – harsh, firm and direct, yet full of love for her closest ones. And you have to keep the balance. And not idealize your characters, keep those famous shades of grey alive.

- We didn’t change the facts from books or games. If something happened, it happened. Of course we chose one path (for example, Letho and Keira lives, Ciri is witcheress), because if we had honored every decision in the game, we would have had an enormous amount of combinations, out of our reach. Especially if we are making our own choices within the adventure.

- Did we delete something from the mod that wasn’t quite good as we thought? Yes, one short scene, not even 10 dialogue lines, between Yen and Ciri. It was unneccessary, it broke pacing, it didn’t made sense, it was out of place. But did we change or improve something that bothered us? Yes, by either adding short scene or dialogue line and by changing dialogue line if we didn’t think it was in character enough. And of course we vastly improved technical and graphical layer of the adventure. But in overall, the storyline and every aspect of the game we planned years ago is in the adventure.

- We hope that the adventure itself and the ending will be satysfying and enjoyable for every witcher fan who will play it, that it will be a time of pleasure with our beloved characters in the world we love, created by Andrzej Sapkowski and beautifully coloured by CD PROJEKT RED.

Hope you like the info and screenshots! Don’t hesitate to comment or ask us anything!

Cheers!

Here you have screenshots from the interview in better quality, some of them got a little damaged by compression :p

The Swallow at the crack of dawn, when the rising sun had barely tinged pink the shrouds of mist hanging pendent above the meadows...

Snowy day at the Valley of the Gwenllech river

Autumn's scents have pervaded the air

Ban Grim inn

The hat known from the Yaruga to the Buina

Eskel and the Morhen Spike among the mountains of the Valley

The Stars Above The Path

The relict of Haern Caduch

Brother Bear

Hmm...

Ban Grim village

Here you have screenshots from the interview in better quality, some of them got a little damaged by compression :p

The Swallow at the crack of dawn, when the rising sun had barely tinged pink the shrouds of mist hanging pendent above the meadows...

Snowy day at the Valley of the Gwenllech river

Autumn's scents have pervaded the air

Ban Grim inn

The hat known from the Yaruga to the Buina

Eskel and the Morhen Spike among the mountains of the Valley

The Stars Above The Path

The relict of Haern Caduch

Brother Bear

Hmm...

Ban Grim village
They look great 😁

if Cyberpunk and some other big games get released the majoritiy of the players would play those games and maybe not notice your work?

We don't consider our work as a competition for AAA titles for sure, but of course we want to be noticed by every witcher fan.

If somebody modding a game, than he/she does it for his/her own pleasure, not for pursuing attention and care about deadlines! Naturally, honourable mention always feels good, but that is a secondary point!
I spend lot of my free time to learn 3D modeling, d'jinni, RedKit. I searched the Polish version of d'jinni tutorials, translated them because the english tutorials don't have some valuable information! Finally I was able to bring new 3D models into TW1! Why? Because I love that good old TW1! That draw few attention, despite I did lot effort to achive that!

I think FotWW also heated by this passion! Whenever it comes, authors will know: the true fans keeps their eyes on this! In other words: few honest word of appreciation from true fans worth more than million likes from the impersonal crowd!

If somebody modding a game, than he/she does it for his/her own pleasure, not for pursuing attention and care about deadlines! Naturally, honourable mention always feels good, but that is a secondary point!
I spend lot of my free time to learn 3D modeling, d'jinni, RedKit. I searched the Polish version of d'jinni tutorials, translated them because the english tutorials don't have some valuable information! Finally I was able to bring new 3D models into TW1! Why? Because I love that good old TW1! That draw few attention, despite I did lot effort to achive that!

I think FotWW also heated by this passion! Whenever it comes, authors will know: the true fans keeps their eyes on this! In other words: few honest word of appreciation from true fans worth more than million likes from the impersonal crowd!

Wise words, sir ;) That is why we didn't give up when we heard a lot that somebody won't play because of this or because of that...

The reason that I personally am eager to read some opinions is that among the work we've done, and I've done, are dialogues, story, character development. And even if I can say that I learnt so much in technical stuff just because... I know I did, the skill to create emotional moments for someone through the writing can't be measured by myself :D When we did RotWW mod years ago, it was so small compared to this and it was just graphic thing, yet reading nice opinions even for this day brings so much joy...

And we had a lot of fun during the process of course, since the project started as something we created for ourselves to fill in the gaps we felt. Oh, did I say we had? Are we finished? No, of course not, but so close that one can mistake oneself from time to time...

@PATROL

Oh, and a little sidenote!

I know that modding such a thing as FotWW is a huge work, specially for a very small team! Polishing things are very time consuming process! Besides that, modders has real lifes, with real problems! They has family, wifes, kids, houses, real jobs where have to go every day! During years many things can happen what prevent somebody to doing his hobby!

Melitele be with your team on that long road! :D

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You took the word out of my mouth. And they said you can't mod with the Redkit. Besides the things we allready knew it was nice to see the horse ridding cutscenes from the outro and one from the 52 and a half trailer, if I am right. Besides that I liked that you added also a new model for a knight so not only story related characters got new meshes. Small details like the knife in the cake with the wolf medallion attached ( knife from game one or selfmade?), the new knight guard model ( from Bob), the new texture for the La Valette flag, all the reused cutscenes and all the stuff you did.

Meh.. the date of release is bad.... sorry have to be true :think:
Kidding about the date :D, I would just have been hyped more for christmas. It would have had for manny people a extra nice touch

Last edited:
Meh.. the date of release is bad.... sorry have to be true

Okay, no problem, so we're delaying! :D

Knife and medallion are from TW1, from assets used when you play poker (medallion is also in the corner of the HUD and in sex scene with Adda).

We wrote that script with thinking about TW3, so yeah, horses horses here and there :D

And it is really marvellous how many things you can pull out of that trailer... Things that majority are taking from granted, but you see the amount of work they took :D

I apologize in advance, perhaps someone has already asked a similar question before. What languages will the story-mod support on release?

Top Bottom