The Witcher: Farewell of The White Wolf

+
Hi SkullProX,

No, this mod is totally independant from the main game, so you can play it without having to play the main game Witcher 2.:)

merci à vous, je suis ravie de pouvoir y jouer, je suis un fan de la saga the witcher !! merci encore pour tout vos efforts, et longue vie à géralt

Last edited:
Played it for an hour - hour and a half, I think I've visited three separate zones and I'm amazed with the visuals at every turn. Simply unreal how the game as old as TW2 can be made to look.
English localization is less than perfect, though, but not to the point where I had any trouble following the conversation. And I feel like it actually gets better over time, could be the result of another person doing the translation.
And, of course I'm gonna mention it: Big thanks for including the Kaedweni god of drinking in your mod!:beer: I did not expect that.
@ooodrin
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOdrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOdriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!
Summarizes the qualitiy of the mod. It is the best quality or like Trump would say it: I know characters, I know characters very well, I know manny characters, believe me, I have the best characters! (Not political, only a comment trying to be funny)

I started playing today and got until day two... While dialogue, story and animations could be polished a bit more here and there, I've got to say - this is positively overwhelming. The attention to detail, the locations, the atmosphere, the references... These are all so superb, that I was literally loosing myself for the last hours. Wandering in Kaer Morhen again, exploring everything, enjoying little things like flower placement. Wonderful.

Hello @PATROL @Rustine
thanks again for your great work and the amount of time you spent on this. I would like to follow with my impressions and some questions and "mistakes" I noticed.
There are so manny good things I can't name all of them so I just wrote down some good things I realy liked. And to be honest I also did some notes while playing about issues I had with the mod.

Good/overwhelmingly nice!

Use of glass shader for the ice (at least I gues it was used for them)
Animated horsies :D
The characters with the Gwent cards borders and pictures
Exploration in Kaer Morhen (but it leads to nowhere, often just to vistas)
Use of carpet sound for snow makes it silent :D in Kear Morhen
New/old music
The libary part of Kaer Morhen
The new trees on the malus islands dead and alive, all the ohter new trees and bushes
All the new hubs looked very nice
The Eskel hub with it's new buildings. Was that hub partilly created by Stollaro? It reminds me of his work.
The Witcher table football reference :D
The Holy Grail and Star Wars references in the Camelot hub
The new mansion asset is just superb!
The storytelling of the new parts, and the ending with nimue!

Not perfect (minor details and maybe also design decissions, which I disliked and some nitpicking)

- Misplacements of objects (noticable in Kaer Morhen and other hubs)
- Names of the swords eg. fotww_silver_sword_w3 .... is not that immmersive probbaly easier for you as moders
- Mesh issues in the starting tower interior, bad uv mapping ( probably legacy issue from witcher 3 so basically not your fault)
- Might be my system but I got crashes sometimes when it loaded a new area/part
- The big collums in the gorge (Letho hub) are quite strange detail maps are very noticable becasue it is a scaled object
- A shag in the ciri hub (Dunkeld) uses an old pre witcher 2 ( not the detailmat or your pbr shader)
- Next to that shag there are three 100% percent same looking npc
- Freigthener fight, when using Aard a wall fragment appeared at the bells ( I had to reload before the fight)

Hard bugs
- If you fight in the Letho hub (after you rescued yennefer) against the harpies (not in the gorge) you see the posibilty to talk to Letho in fight if you atack this point/invisible Letho the game crashes
- Epilogue Nimue is named Odrin and atackable and the npc comes back after you kill it

Text ( English)
- Typo in Freyas character text "SIlent" instead of "Silent"
- Istred charcter text "fought for the Yennefer" .. fought for yennefer the use of "the" seams weird

Sound
- No sound for the river in Eskels story part
- No battle cue
- Music does only change with quest changes wich is sometimes a little bit of

Wrong or other sound choosen for walking noises
- In one of the broken explorable towers outside in Kear Morhen where you descend a ladder in to it
- wrong (default) sound for wooden stairs in the camelot hub
- wrong (default) sound for wooden stairs in the Inn in Dunkeld
- The mansion floor uses the stone sound instead of the wood sound
- wrong (default) sound for the inn floor in the Epilogue instead of wood

Visual Bug
- at the keeptower gates to the balcony if you are outside of the keep. You see the default brick texture?
- inside the keep next to a bow entering the great hall from outside
- light draw distance in the Libary part near the room with the big crack
- Inkeeper (epilogue) is named inkeeper099989987 when he has a gameplay scene
- No translucency for the windows in the starting tower (minor detail, design choice)

Bad (becasue you invested so much time to polish it and make it unbelievable good that I was surprised about it)

- Obvious visiual bug at the keep frigthener side (probably from witcher 3 so basically not your fault but to big to stay unnoticed)
- too frequent use of the carpet sound in the outside of Kaer Morhen even when ground or mesh is not covered by snow or only tinny amount of snow/ a snowshade. Makes the hub very silent
- Big visiual bug in the libary (the room you meet keira the first time near the window) after the wedding in the va fail luned phase

Horrible (personal opinion)

The different mechanics, the pirouette is so unresponsive and does not fit the gameplay. Pair this with small space, no potions, no bombs, small barriers (like the horses) and Dark modus and the high demand in the fight against the Wild Hunt at the Hanged Mans tree and you get very, very angry even if you should be gratefull about the mod!
(If you want to know my skills I got to the second wraith wave of the dark arena mode after compleeting it once!
No Dark modus means no challenge outside that fight, but insta dead in that fight. Please prove me wrong!)

Questions
Do Freya and Lucienne also have a line in Va Fail Luned?
Where are Iorveth, Roche and Letho in the Va Fail Luned phase and do they have text?

Is it possible to play it just like a mod under UserContent if I activate the vanilla Witcher 2 back? I appreciate the background and the credits but I don't need them allways.

Thanks
Nemo

Last edited:
Just finished playing through this. Superb mod. Really feels like a love letter to the franchise and it's a great way to cap off a readthrough/playthrough of the whole Witcher universe.

Hello again @PATROL ,
I read in the polish part of the forum that you probably, maybe would consider to use the assets you worked on and integrate them into the normal game and work a little bit more on the mod/something. I did not want to ask before but some months passed. Could you give a little insight about the state of the team and if you are stil working on something or if you are done with witcher 2 modding completly and working on something different or if you broke up.
Best wishes
Nemo

Hello again @PATROL ,
I read in the polish part of the forum that you probably, maybe would consider to use the assets you worked on and integrate them into the normal game and work a little bit more on the mod/something. I did not want to ask before but some months passed. Could you give a little insight about the state of the team and if you are stil working on something or if you are done with witcher 2 modding completly and working on something different or if you broke up.
Best wishes
Nemo

We will look into it, we're not done :p Just resting and doing life stuff now. Me and buddies are great together and I guess will be forever :D

It's been a few months since I played this fantastic mod, but I was thinking if it would be possible to import some of the models to the base W2 game. W2 doesn't have a good W3 Dandelion mod and I would've loved to use the model from this in Witcher 2. Sorry if this has already been answered.

Hello!

If you are with us for a longer period of time, you may remember, than we had different dress for Yennefer in mind at one point. But as we were getting closer to the premiere, dress didn't seem to fit in overall atmosphere and we began to search for some inspiration in artworks and cosplays. Then we saw the most beautiful dress we could imagine for Yen. It was cosplay done by Liza Groza, known also as GreatQueenLina. And even if we knew, that we can't handle to model it from scratch and meet the quality of the original one, we used existing parts from TW3 outfits to create a dress that would express similar extraordinary impression as Lina's fantastic project. In final model you can notice elements from Yen's alternative outfit, Toussaint dresses or Triss' outfit, but we hope that we reflected original creation's thrill and beauty at least at some level.

da67iux-03f55bc4-9443-44cd-be04-6441093c2efe.jpg

Don't forget to go to GreatQueenLina profile on DeviantArt and give your feedback for her incredible work!

Cheers!

It's been a few months since I played this fantastic mod, but I was thinking if it would be possible to import some of the models to the base W2 game. W2 doesn't have a good W3 Dandelion mod and I would've loved to use the model from this in Witcher 2. Sorry if this has already been answered.

Hi! First of all, thank you so much for such warm opinion :) About the new models, there are plans to do it, yet not now, it's more time consuming that it seems and we don't have any free moment now :/ I personally can't wait to replay TW2 with original Geralt's jacket and loose hair from TW1 :D

Hello!

We thought that if we have such many references, easter eggs and details in FotWW, then it may be a nice idea to share some of them with you. Hope we can show you at least a couple that you could have missed. At first a small one, about specific piece of silver which every witcher on duty should have on his (or her) neck. Otherwise, there may be difficulties with throwing a Sign or detecting magical dangers.

"But she just tore from his neck the medallions: the wolf, the cat and the gryphon. Then she turned around and walked towards the exit. (...) She took out the medallions taken from Bonhart. She put the cat around her neck and gave Geralt the wolf.
‘I hope you know it’s just a symbol?’ he said.
‘Everything’s just a symbol.’" - "The Lady of the Lake"

c1_en.png

Cheers!

Hello!

Another detail is about something that almost every witcher has. It's clearly hard to find a one on the Path, that doesn't have even one scar.

"He missed. It was so unexpected that he lost his rhythm and dodged a fraction of a second too late. He felt the beast's talons tear his cheek, and a damp velvety wing slapped against his neck. He curled up on the spot, transferred the weight of his body to his right leg and slashed backwards sharply, missing the amazingly agile creature again." - "A Grain of Truth"

c2_en.png
Cheers!

This injury does not seem to be that important. At least not enough to scar him, in my opinion. As this description indicates:

Eskel stood next to Geralt, resembling the Wolf like a brother apart from the colour of his hair and the long scar which disfigured his cheek. [...]

Obok Geralta stał Eskel, podobny do Wilka jak brat, jeśli nie liczyć koloru włosów i długiej bliznyzniekształcającej policzek.[...]

But this injury:

‘It’s terrible! To let yourself be slashed like this by an ordinary striga. Muscles, tendons – she only just missed your carotid artery! Great Melitele! Geralt, what’s happening to you? How did she get so close to you? What did you want with her? To mount her?’

- Coś potwornego! Żeby się tak dać pochlastać zwykłej strzydze! Mięśnie, ścięgna, o mały włos poszłaby tętnica szyjna! Na Wielką Melitele, Geralt, co się z tobą dzieje? Jak to się stało, że dopuściłeś ją tak blisko? Coś ty chciał nią zrobić? Wychędożyć?

Or this one :

Geralt was a witcher and could dodge a bolt. But he’d forgotten about his painful knee. His evasive manoeuvre was an inch late, and the leaf-shaped point gashed his ear. The pain blinded him, but just for a moment. The brigand was too slow to reload and defend himself. The furious Witcher slashed him across the hands, and then disembowelled him with a sweeping flourish of his sihill.

‘Dammit. What is it? Have a look, Milva.’
The archer examined it carefully and critically.
‘Your ear’s been torn off,’ she finally said. ‘Nothing to worry about.’
‘Easy for you to say. I was fond of that ear. Help me to bind it with something, it’s dripping down my collar.

Geralt był wiedźminem, umiał uchylić się przed bełtem. Ale zapomniał o obolałym kolanie. Unik był o cal spóźniony, liściowaty grot rozorał mu ucho. Ból oślepił, ale tylko na moment. Zbójca nie zdążył napiąć samostrzału i obronić się sam. Rozzłoszczony Geralt rąbnął go po rękach, a potemwypruł z niego kiszki szerokim cięciem sihilla.

- Cholera. Co tam jest, zobacz, Milva?Łuczniczka przyjrzała się uważnie i krytycznie.
- Tylko ucho ci urwało - stwierdziła wreszcie. - Nie ma się czym przejmować.
- Łatwo ci mówić. Ja bardzo lubiłem to ucho. Pomóż mi czymś to owiązać, bo mi ciecze za kołnierz.

This injury does not seem to be that important. At least not enough to scar him, in my opinion. As this description indicates:

Eskel stood next to Geralt, resembling the Wolf like a brother apart from the colour of his hair and the long scar which disfigured his cheek. [...]

Obok Geralta stał Eskel, podobny do Wilka jak brat, jeśli nie liczyć koloru włosów i długiej bliznyzniekształcającej policzek.[...]

But this injury:

‘It’s terrible! To let yourself be slashed like this by an ordinary striga. Muscles, tendons – she only just missed your carotid artery! Great Melitele! Geralt, what’s happening to you? How did she get so close to you? What did you want with her? To mount her?’

- Coś potwornego! Żeby się tak dać pochlastać zwykłej strzydze! Mięśnie, ścięgna, o mały włos poszłaby tętnica szyjna! Na Wielką Melitele, Geralt, co się z tobą dzieje? Jak to się stało, że dopuściłeś ją tak blisko? Coś ty chciał nią zrobić? Wychędożyć?

Or this one :

Geralt was a witcher and could dodge a bolt. But he’d forgotten about his painful knee. His evasive manoeuvre was an inch late, and the leaf-shaped point gashed his ear. The pain blinded him, but just for a moment. The brigand was too slow to reload and defend himself. The furious Witcher slashed him across the hands, and then disembowelled him with a sweeping flourish of his sihill.

‘Dammit. What is it? Have a look, Milva.’
The archer examined it carefully and critically.
‘Your ear’s been torn off,’ she finally said. ‘Nothing to worry about.’
‘Easy for you to say. I was fond of that ear. Help me to bind it with something, it’s dripping down my collar.

Geralt był wiedźminem, umiał uchylić się przed bełtem. Ale zapomniał o obolałym kolanie. Unik był o cal spóźniony, liściowaty grot rozorał mu ucho. Ból oślepił, ale tylko na moment. Zbójca nie zdążył napiąć samostrzału i obronić się sam. Rozzłoszczony Geralt rąbnął go po rękach, a potemwypruł z niego kiszki szerokim cięciem sihilla.

- Cholera. Co tam jest, zobacz, Milva?Łuczniczka przyjrzała się uważnie i krytycznie.
- Tylko ucho ci urwało - stwierdziła wreszcie. - Nie ma się czym przejmować.
- Łatwo ci mówić. Ja bardzo lubiłem to ucho. Pomóż mi czymś to owiązać, bo mi ciecze za kołnierz.

Agree that ear and striga scars should be in the model/textures from TW1 (and broken tooth too!), but they aren't, in TW2 and 3 also, that's why we don't have them in FotWW too.

Is this bruxa wound enough for making a scar? I think so. In quote from The Grain of Truth it is bruxa which makes, I assume, Geralt's most iconic scar on his cheek, so those vampires are capable of scarring witchers. And the wounds are thick, thicker than rest of Geralt's facial scars. Also, it serves narrative purposes, we knew we want to give Geralt some new scars in this ending to emphasise him still doing monster hunting. Choosing this one was natural, because it serves also as easter egg.

Eskel's gruesome scar was made by simple blade held by Deidre in CDPR's lore, so I think the scars in popculture stays on characters when it is suitable for the author :D

Last edited:
Hello!

Even if there was most of Geralt's collected gear present in the armory, and he would feel most comfortable with studded jacket and sword on his back, he had to wear something else for his ceremony.

"Pageboys carrying trays weaved among the guests, serving wine. Yennefer didn’t drink at all. The Witcher wanted to get tight, but couldn’t.Instead, he found his doublet was. Under the arms." - "Time of Contempt"

c3_en.png

Cheers!

Hello!

Today we give you more pleasant, for Geralt at least, detail about his wedding suit.

"He tried out the makeshift club, first by hitting Dijkstra – who was sitting astride the chimera – and then by quietening the moans of the bruiser with the broken arm. The seams of his doublet had burst under both arms some time before, and the Witcher was feeling considerably better." - "Time of Contempt"

c4_en.png

Cheers!

Hello!

Today we give you more pleasant, for Geralt at least, detail about his wedding suit.

"He tried out the makeshift club, first by hitting Dijkstra – who was sitting astride the chimera – and then by quietening the moans of the bruiser with the broken arm. The seams of his doublet had burst under both arms some time before, and the Witcher was feeling considerably better." - "Time of Contempt"

View attachment 11228336

Cheers!
I love that haircut! Brings back memories :)

Hello!

Silver sword's pommel has many different uses. Sometimes you can knock out gravier with it, and sometimes you can use its model to create book accurate witcher medallion.

"Velerad snorted with anger.
'You carry the witcher's emblem?'
The stranger reached into his jerkin once more and pulled out a round medallion on a silver chain. It pictured the head of a wolf, baring its fangs. '" - "The Witcher"

c5_en.png

Cheers!

Top Bottom