The Witcher: Farewell of The White Wolf

+
Just when I almost came to terms with the story of Geralt being over, this happens. Couldn't be more glad, the screenshots look phenomenal. Great job so far and keep it up fellas!

To the guys who are doing this (I suppose they are doing it by themselves). First of all, thank you. Truly, it's nice to see that at least some demands are going to be adressed even if they don'thave oficial support (correct me If I'm wrong). Can you do something about Iorveth or the scoia'tel? Even if it is with TW2's engine :)

I'm starting to get this strange feeling that you're a fan of Iorveth and the Scoia'tel....

To the guys who are doing this (I suppose they are doing it by themselves). First of all, thank you. Truly, it's nice to see that at least some demands are going to be adressed even if they don'thave oficial support (correct me If I'm wrong).

As far as I know, this is not "official" content in any way, it is essentially fan fiction for one specific ending of the game.

Can you do something about Iorveth or the scoia'tel? Even if it is with TW2's engine :)

It would probably be better to create a separate thread for the idea of an adventure involving Iorveth and the Scoia'tael, since that does not seem to be what this mod is about. I would not mind a Iorveth quest myself if it was sufficiently well made (although admittedly I have yet to play any fan made Witcher quests), but would prefer it without the unrelated (and for some, unwanted) extra content of a wedding with Yennefer. However, if you meant some minor cameo appearance for Iorveth as a guest, maybe it will be included, I do not know.

We've prepared a short Q&A on our Facebook, and there's 'result'. Enjoy it! :)

1. Why Yennefer?
- Because, according to books and our hearts Yen is a natural choice for Geralt and also Ciri’s foster mother, that’s why we are creating the story based on that sorceress. Although, we have plans to create another version which includes Triss as player’s choice, but it can happen only in further future, cause in that case almost whole script needs to be re-written. Of course those plans could be changed.
2. Which short-story exactly will be included in the adventure?
- None, the script is in 100% written by us, and it isn’t based on “Something ends, something begins”. There’s only a few references to that short-story.
3. How about dubbing?
- In the first version there won’t be any voice acting. Maybe after release we will work on that.
4. Do I need The Witcher 2 to play that adventure?
- Yes.
5. What hardware requirements my computer must meet?
- We don’t know exactly at the moment. Requirements will be higher than The Witcher 2 – that’s for sure.
6. Will sprint ability or horse riding be added?
- We will add a pirouette as replacement for roll and option to jump above obstacles (with mouse). There won’t be sprint, cause it isnt’t needed. As for horse riding – there’s no option to add that due technology we are working with.
7. Do I need a saved game to play this mod?
- No, in our adventure player’s choices are predetermined by us, for example Keira is still alive. We couldn’t take into account all choices which could be made during whole series.
8. How long will be the adventure?
- Definitely a few hours, we don’t know yet exactly.
9. When is release date?
- We had written in the first note, that we are focusing to finish the adventure until end of the year.
10. Will be there any trailer or gameplay video?
- There will be definitely a trailer, but rather more close to the release date. We are not planning to make any video of gameplay, as everybody knows how The Witcher 2 looks from this side.
11. Do you have any plans to create another adventures, e.g. some events after the ending of The Witcher 3?
- Our adventure is actually taking place after The Witcher 3 and it is the only one we are focusing on.
12. Many models look exactly the same as in The Witcher 3. Do you import models from RED engine 3 to Witcher 2?
- Yes, but we also create our own models.
13. Did you consider to add new character to the story? (here’s character named XYZ)
- Script is done, and we are not planning to add another characters. Which will appear in the adventure? That’s a surprise.
14. There will be some new music?
- We don’t have composer in our team.
15. The story will be completely linear, or players will have some choices to make, at least in dialogues?
- Of course, players will have to choose in our adventure. Also we have a few, different endings.
16. There’s plenty of humorous moments?
- We’ve tried to place humor only in suitable moments.
17. There will be some sword fighting?
- Our adventure is based on dialogues, but sometimes you will take a rest from them, also with fighting.
18. Why Witcher 2, instead of Witcher 3? There is a MODkit.
- MODkit, not REDkit. We don’t have tools to make adventures, quests, worlds and dialogues.
19. Where we can follow you, instead of this topic?
- We invite to you to visit our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/fotww/

1. Why Yennefer?
- Because, according to books and our hearts Yen is a natural choice for Geralt and also Ciri’s foster mother, that’s why we are creating the story based on that sorceress.
7. Do I need a saved game to play this mod?
- No, in our adventure player’s choices are predetermined by us, for example Keira is still alive. We couldn’t take into account all choices which could be made during whole series.
11. Do you have any plans to create another adventures, e.g. some events after the ending of The Witcher 3?
- Our adventure is actually taking place after The Witcher 3 and it is the only one we are focusing on.

In my opinion, it would have been a better idea to make this a continuation of the story of the books and ignore the games altogether if you are not able (or do not want) to take choices from the games into account. That would also be consistent with the explanation given to point 1. Otherwise, it would be enough to say only "according to our hearts", since it is a subjective choice if you consider the games canonical to your storyline, which you already did according to points 7 and 11.

Not to mention the story may now conflict with Blood and Wine if it was not written for a time frame later than that of the expansion.

it would have been a better idea to make this a continuation of the story of the books and ignore the games

In that case, wedding would take place on Isle of Avalon (Avallach / Malus Island. Dunno how it has been translated into English). Pitty, I would say, because there wouldn't be any guests. And music. And anything fun. Even 'priest' (or any other person who leads a ceremony) would be missing.

Boring party.

Last edited:
@UncleArtr So you've said that you are using models also from TW3 and importing them back to TW2.

Let's say I'm total noob in this process and I want to learn how to do it, did you used any guides, if yes could you link it? I'm trying something very little in Redkit but I want to use some models from TW3, unfortunately I have no clue how to do it :/

There is a program dedicated to exporting witcher 2 and 3 models. The tutorials and download are there
http://jlouisb.users.sourceforge.net It may be difficult for you if you are noob (your worlds not mine :) ) but if you are eager to do it you will eventually manage to do it. Oh and one more thing, I have some witcher 3 models exported into witcher 2 so maybe I will share some of those with you (meaning not only you but community as whole).

Last edited:
Oh and one more thing, I have some witcher 3 models exported into witcher 2 so maybe I will share some of those with you (meaning not only you but community as whole).

Do you? Please do it, I would be very thankful! Also thanks for the link, I'll check it once I'll get to my computer.

Also, what everything I can export? Buildings, trees, npcs? Is it possible?

Last edited:
This looks INCREDIBLE! Also, if you decide to create a database of voice actors for the future dubbing then please put me on the list! :D

Wow your work is incredible, this is my first post on this thread because I didn't have anything to say besides that. But now I have:) So many people are worried about the lack of dubbing. I'm fine without it as most mods for witcher 1 didn't have those, so I got used to it. But there is way to have dubbing in your game with original voiceovers(kind of), just look in this thread: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/33600-The-Weird-World-of-the-Witcher?p=1799090#post1799090 So this guy managed to do so much dialogue (i'm talking about Geralt) with just voiceovers from witcher 1. I think that you would be able to create almost any dialogue for most of the characters with voiceovers from all three games, and for characters who have insufficient dialogues to create what you want, you could record actors or just volunteers. But in order to do it with this method you will need someone good with audiacity. I recomend contacting creator of that witcher 1 mod but I don't know if he will agree to do it.
edit: actually I realised it is not my first post on this thread, but it's first about the topic (others were on exporting models etc)

Last edited:
"It's very simple," Three Jackdaws looked the witcher right in the eye, "Chaos represents a threat. It is on the side of violence and aggression. Order, on the other hand, opposes it. That is why it must be protected and needs someone to defend it."

Last edited:
Wow!!! You weren't joking with unexpected guests!!! It looks so amazing, cannot wait to at last see them in witcher game. Also Tea and Vea look great for at least 40 year old women :)

Last edited:
Hey @Rustine
first I have to appreciate all your work and I hope that the progress in getting this project done is as you wish. Everything looks really nice and I can't wait to play this.
But might I ask a humble question:
Could you and your team share some knowledge about how you did this ?
It would be better to do this in English since it would be readable for everyone.
I know that asking for this might slow down your project, but I had to do this, since you guys just achieved so much.
Thanks for considering this.

Hm I know Villentrethmerth not from the Gwent cards, I remembered him just because I watched the polish Tv production.... witch English subtitles of course. Really nice to meet him again?!?

Nemo

Last edited:
Top Bottom