The Witcher: Farewell of The White Wolf

+
No ETA for now, but we've got another pack of screenshots for you!

Hey,
first I would like to congratulate you for the amazing work you and your team has done and for what you have achieved.
After this I have to say that I am sorry to post almost the same question, I once asked again. The reason is I got no answer.
I have so many questions, but I do not want to spam the post with my questions.
I would appreciate to get more information, and I really do not care so much about the story or screenshot thing. Don't get me wrong they look stunning! But I think, the mod will be done, when it is done and it will be great. I don’t need constant information about the story and so on. I can wait! I am personally more interested in the technical details, like:
How did you import the models? The ragdolls? Maybe you’ve imported animations? How did you skin those models? Was importing easy, because you used some tricks, important information? Is the snow we see meshes or terrain texture or both? Do you use the snow shader Tekoppar once made? Have you created your owe shader? Have you stumbled arose the no specular maps problem and what was your solution? Have you tried to rebuild the pbr shader most of the models use? Have tried to rebuild other shaders, like those for windows? Have all your imported models collision meshes? Did you edit the foliage meshes?
These are just a few questions ,that I would like to ask you and maybe get some reply or at least something like:" We are very busy right now, maybe we will answer some questions later."
Last question: Do you maybe want help from other “modders” for some parts of creating this mod?
I know that I am not a pro, maybe not merely a beginner, but you can't say that I have no reason to ask those questions.
And I think all questions about progress are not so handy for everyone, because answering them all over again just takes time. I have seen this with some mod projects for Gothic, where people asked the same questions again and again. But, I really do want to blame anybody. I can understand their curiosity very well!

So I hope this was not too harsh and hope to get an answer.
I wish your team good luck for your project
Greetings
Nemo

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I can answer all of your questions or if I'm right person to do it, but I'll try.

Importing models is not simple two-clicks job. We did not used any skeleton from the REDkit files, cause they're bugged. Our internal magician Kalen had spent enormous ammount of time to re-create the base skeleton which could be used in the game. Skinning is not some magic trick either - it's 'just' need a lot of time and patience working with 3D software - in that case 3DS Max 2013, cause it's supported by importer provided by REDs.
To forestall your further question - we are not going to share that skeleton, at least for now.
We didn't import any animation. It cannot be done or we haven't figured out how to do it yet.
Also we didn't make any new shaders, but we've made some new materials.
What about snow - we didn't use Tekkopar's material, it's our own. And we use it in meshes.
According collision meshes - obviously we use them only where they are needed.

Thank you for question about help, but we don't need it.

@UncleArtr
Thank you very much!
I appreciate your answer very much! I got that you made everything by yourself and it takes time. From one point of view it is good to know that you have no magic tools and everyone, who wants to learn how to skin and create a skeleton can do this, form the other side it is sad that you had to spent so much effort on achieving this. Now that I know this I am really stunned on your passion for your project!
Regarding 3DS Max 2013 is it still possible to get the program from the official developers as a student, or had someone it stored on a drive? Because some time ago I looked at the site and I only found the newest version. ( Or to be precise I did not search very long but I am unsure about getting 3DS Max. I just would want to have it for working with the REDkit, so Blender is as a free programm is for everything else as good as 3ds Max. Do you understand what I mean?)
Hm I have no problem, if the skeleton is not shared now... maybe later after you released? I personally can't use them because I do not know much about 3D modelling.
The only question I have is if it would be somehow possible to get a skinned drowner imported into the REDkit it would be somehow nice to have those Drowned Dead models. The animations are there! So maybe? :D
Nice to know how you did the snow! It looks very nice!
Hm I just offered my help in case you need some models you’ve not imported yet, because I am importing models into the REDkit for someone’s project. But maybe the quality or some settings are not good enough for you project. But if you want to use them I would be honoured: D
The last question I have is whether you use the imported new models together with the models of the REDkit like we can see on one of you screenshots. Or are you planning to get a more homogenous feeling of the world I am just curious about this. I think it would also be great with the old models!

So thank you again for your answers and the insight you offered to us all. I hope my last post was not too harsh, it was not intended to be like that.
Best wishes and greetings
Nemo

Your works is great. I am absolutely looking forward to the final results of your project.
Good job guys :smile:

​Hm Is this a seerious post? And if not, you should know what to do the next time you want to post something. If thhis is serious I am very anxious to watch it.

​@UncleArtr Rustine
​Hey I am sorry for asking all those tech related questions in you thread, but you might know more than the other modders.
The question:

​On the screenshot at the bottom I can see some novigrad/oxenfurt houses. Those houses have windows. I think there are also some windows in Kaer Morhen. So my question is:
​Are the windows you use transparent or not? Andiif they are transparent how did you achive that. I know there are two shaders which are used in the REDKit for windows. Did you use any of those, because I think, that they are not perfect to use on the novigrad windows.
​Or did you change those shaders or build/changed one into your special shader? I know that you wrote that you've not created any new shaders but maybe you once looked at the window issue.
​It would be nice to get any Information, even if it is : "This was not our concern".

​I hope you're are having a good time and you and you team mates are well and the progress is going as planned.

​Greetings Nemo

​Edit: JFScott113 Sorry for misunderstanding you. I did not look so well at your post and though that time, is the time of the revaeling a Video. Really sorry! Hm I hope you don't blame me. You are serious :D And it is relay strabnge that your post vanished into oblivion.
​By the way I am also serious and it is as you described really awsome that they are working in this. I agree totaly with you! :D

​Have a nice day
​Nemo

Last edited:
I'm confused? Where did my post go? And what is wrong with saying that when I saw this thread I got excited and ran around the house giggling like a girl! ( another words joking that I am excited about this!)

I am serious and I honestly love the Witcher! And thinks it's awesome that this is being built

JFScott113;n6970380 said:
I'm confused? Where did my post go?

There are some technical difficulties at the moment (they are working on it). So probably your post was eaten by one of those forum bugs.

Sunsibar;n6978530 said:
There are some technical difficulties at the moment (they are working on it). So probably your post was eaten by one of those forum bugs.

Lol ok cool! No buggy

Hey@UNcleArtr

​is this a horse? Can I trust my eyes? Is it a mesh for the screenshot? Or is it a real horse, which will be used by Geralt? And if not in game maybe in a cut scene?
​You guys are amazing!

​Greetings
Nemo

Most of previous screenshots were great, they showed us what you can really do in redkit but those ones? They are so incredibly beautiful!!! Especially screenshots 1 and 4 which look even better than anything in witcher 3 (current witcher 3 after tons of downgrading). And by that I mean atmosphere you created because I know that witcher 2 quality of models might not be the best.

Last edited:
I am SO hyped for this!!!!
Do we know how much it will cost? I know it's "just" a mod but what you show here is a massive amount of work. Deserves payment in my eyes.
Take my money!!

We've tried really hard and sacrificed uncountable amount of hours and most of our free time on this project. Unfortunately, we will not be able to achieve our goals by the end of this year. But please do not worry, we are doing this just to be sure we'll provide best quality without unnecessary haste resulting in unplayable bugs or glitches. Our duty is giving you an adventure which shall fullfil our objectives completely and conclude Geralt of Rivia's story worthily.

To comfort you, we're giving you a new screenshot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom