The Witcher: Farewell of The White Wolf

+
Hi!
Because many characters got plenty of types, we decided to show you not one, but couple of people, including those already revealed as well as some new faces. But we're still thinking why so many of you typed Regis, Borkh or Iorveth, since they're known guests on the wedding. We encourage you to look at our older posts to see who will show in Kaer Morhen during the adventure.

Cheers!

ooodrin;n9572721 said:
Sh'eenaz & Agloval?

Would be great! (though it seems to be a little bit odd for a mermaid to attend to the wedding;))
Their episode is one of my favorite:) (; arguing each other through Geralt's interpreting for Elder Speech)

Last edited:
PATROL;n9573871 said:
Hi!
Because many characters got plenty of types, we decided to show you not one, but couple of people, including those already revealed as well as some new faces. But we're still thinking why so many of you typed Regis, Borkh or Iorveth, since they're known guests on the wedding. We encourage you to look at our older posts to see who will show in Kaer Morhen during the adventure.

Cheers!

One question, this whole DLC (I know it's not that, but I don't know how to call it) is all about a wedding? Or will involve more things and quests? Tnank you

And obviously, many people mentioned Iorveth and Saskia because they were expected for TW3 as the former was announced by CDPR

Guest 3847602

pinoko;n9574661 said:
Would be great! (though it seems to be a little bit odd for a mermaid to attend to the wedding;))
Their episode is one of my favorite:) (; arguing each other through Geralt's interpreting for Elder Speech)
Well, she did make "a little sacrifice" at the end, so she should be good to go.
And of course, that short story is one of my favorites, too :)

Hello!
There was some questions which seemed interesting enough to mention. And a little additional information, if someone died, he/she won't be a guest at the wedding. We don't do ghost things, wonderful returns and so on.

How many hours will your mod take to finish?
- I think that we can assume 5 hours for sure, but we can't deny that the time of the game might be longer. It also strongly depends on your gamestyle.

Will there be a trailer? If yes, then when?
- Yes, but closer to the release time.

Where is the justice?!
- On our side!

Is this mod for Yennefer fans only?
- No, it's for Geralt's fans too.

One question, this whole DLC (I know it's not that, but I don't know how to call it) is all about a wedding? Or will involve more things and quests?
- We have wedding as a core, but we have also some minor side stories. I think you could assume this by looking at our gallery.

Any soundtracks?
- Yes, of course. From the whole series.

Are there any cutscenes? Are they hard to make?
- Yes, plenty of them actually. But due to lack of importer we can't make our own scenes from scratch, we recycle those ones from The Witcher 2.

Ey, maybe you will do a thing that Kalkstein wasn't burned but teleported?
- Snap! And here you go. He now lives calmly with his gnome kind in Mahakam.

Roche and Letho at one table close to each other? Maybe they will even drink glasses together?
- Glasses? Tankards at minimum! Quoting Zoltan, "Serious problems require seriuos solutions. Half-measures get you nowhere".

What will be you explanation for Roche and Iorveth at one table without any weapons in their hands?
- Letho threatened them with hug if they don't leave their equipment out of the stronghold.

On the screenshot, is there Saskia next to Iorveth?
- Saesenthessis herself, party version.

How many hours have you spent working on the mod?
- Over two years and plenty, plenty of hours. Just for creating Kaer Morhen I spent over 300 hours.

About Iorveth, will he has a complete secondary mission? Or just a cameo?
- He is a guest on the wedding.

PATROL;n9610001 said:
Is this mod for Yennefer fans only? - No, it's for Geralt's fans too.
no need to be condescending. i'm a big geralt fan too but i don't like yennifer. i was thinking can he marry triss? but ok, i got the answer, this mod is not for triss fans. goodbye and good luck on your project

robertogamer90;n9610831 said:
no need to be condescending. i'm a big geralt fan too but i don't like yennifer. i was thinking can he marry triss? but ok, i got the answer, this mod is not for triss fans. goodbye and good luck on your project

Don't get me wrong :) Triss is still major character for us and we don't want to throw her away or make her role marginal. Yes, she isn't with Geralt and there will be no choice between her and Yen, because we focused on one chain of events, that one which suits our hearts most, and we want to do it good. Majority of the story and dialogues take its origins from the fact that Geralt marries Yen, so if we would like to make version with Triss, it would be completely different game. For us Yen suits Geralt better, these two have better backstory in our opinion, so we're doing what we think we can do better, but we don't hate Triss at all. The question is if you can live for couple of hours with the fact that Geralt is with Yen and play our mod to see what it contains besides their relationship. :) Your choice.

robertogamer90;n9610831 said:
goodbye and good luck on your project

I agree, the practice of ignoring choices from existing games is something I take a rather dim view of myself, let alone when it destroys a relationship potentially developed through the entire trilogy of games. A pointless and unrealistic cameo role thrown in in an attempt to appease fans does not make up for that, it can even do more harm than just not including the character at all.

If I supported this mod in any way, I would be giving the message that I would be OK with the same happening in a future Witcher game (some of the crowd that voted up the post just above probably want exactly that). Thus, I will skip the mod, too.

Re: the post by Patrol:

Yes, she isn't with Geralt and there will be no choice between her and Yen, because we focused on one chain of events, that one which suits our hearts most, and we want to do it good. Majority of the story and dialogues take its origins from the fact that Geralt marries Yen, so if we would like to make version with Triss, it would be completely different game.

Obviously it would have been more work, even if not nearly twice as much since much of the content would still be the same either way. I consider major story choices in a series where they are advertised to matter to be worth more than getting as many cameo NPCs as possible (IMO most of them, including Triss, would not actually travel thousands of miles to attend Geralt's wedding with Yennefer), but in the end it is of course your mod and your priorities.

but we don't hate Triss at all. The question is if you can live for couple of hours with the fact that Geralt is with Yen and play our mod to see what it contains besides their relationship.

Thanks, but as much as I respect the effort put into the mod, I can also easily live without it, a couple hours of fan service DLC type of content does not seem to offer enough value to make up for the erased choices. I already got an ending to Geralt's hundreds of hours long game story in Blood and Wine, if the exact same content as what is in the mod was released by CDPR as official DLC (thankfully it is not, and a future non-Geralt game can also reasonably be expected to respect this choice), then for me it would make the game overall worse than it was before.
By the way, regarding the not hating bit, this is from Rustine, lead developer of the mod, on the Polish forum: "Oczywiście personalnie nie lubię Triss za to, co zrobiła i możliwe, że nie potrafiłbym jej wybaczyć."

Edit: stuff related to imported choices and TW2/TW3 moved to here to avoid off-topic posts. To summarize, I do not think the limited impact of choices between the games is something that automatically excuses the mod completely ignoring them, but it is explained in detail in the linked post. If anything, it makes it all the more important not to give the mod a free pass, why would developers change bad practices if they knew the audience would accept them anyway?

Last edited:
No Title

Shani (Have not noticed her in the screenshots) and Jarre (if possible, he could have some interesting dialoges with Ciri).

And last but not least, DJIKSTRA!!! Cause every party needs a GOOD DJ XDD

Attachments

• photo171551.png
    photo171551.png
    210.5 KB · Views: 133
PATROL;n9611431 said:
Don't get me wrong :) Triss is still major character for us and we don't want to throw her away or make her role marginal. Yes, she isn't with Geralt and there will be no choice between her and Yen, because we focused on one chain of events, that one which suits our hearts most, and we want to do it good. Majority of the story and dialogues take its origins from the fact that Geralt marries Yen, so if we would like to make version with Triss, it would be completely different game. For us Yen suits Geralt better, these two have better backstory in our opinion, so we're doing what we think we can do better, but we don't hate Triss at all. The question is if you can live for couple of hours with the fact that Geralt is with Yen and play our mod to see what it contains besides their relationship. :) Your choice.
i respect that. your mod your choices. i just wanted to know whether it's for all players or just those that like yen. you'll probably put triss with eskel or something like that and that's not my thing at all, i hate that. i'd rather not see her like that, it would just annoy me too much. i'm sure many peiople will enjoy the mod, it's just not for me. i honestly wish you all the best on your project. it looks like you guys put great work.

sv3672;n9611971 said:
ignoring choices from existing games is something I take a rather dim view of myself, let alone when it destroys a relationship potentially developed through the entire trilogy of games
cd projekt would never do that. future games will respect decisions. these guys can make their mod how they like. no one is making us play it. i liked it and wanted to know if it maybe has something for triss fans too, but i'll just skip it. no harm done.

Im really looking forward for this project.
I was never satisfied with the ending of the main game and also from blood & wine and i really hope geralt gets finally the ending he really deserves with Yen..
What i've seen so far looks really promising and i must admit i'm a bit hypd :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom