The Witcher - Forgotten memories

+

Sild

Ex-moderator
Nice tribute!

I also share your sentiment, as awesome as the other 2 games that came after it were, they never quite managed to catch that... how should i put... sense of wonder? the mystery of the world? of that strange, peculiar but somehow recognizable lone Witcher on his Path?

Glory be to the Witcher 1!

Look at my join date my friend, I was here, on these forums before the release of TW2. I was sucked into a Slavic dark fantasy world that led me to reading all of Sapkowski's books.

I am eagerly awaiting Cyberpunk 2077 as well, however :)

The quest "Fools Gold" where villagers get turned into pigs, except for one really endearingly not-very-bright-at-all guy that kinda stares at you like he doesn't understand what you said after you say something, THAT quest, for some reason, sticks with me.

That guy had like an intelligence of 1, and the poor thing had a broken arm, plus he liked to play in the mud, I just couldn't help but like the dim witted guy.

Nice tribute!

Hi!
Thank you!
Yes, I also can't define the exact reason why this game enslaved me! I played it two years ago first (before 2 and 3. Actually I didn't play 2 and 3, only during making of my mods :)) It was a 10 year old game, but still has something unique within what neither game has. Maybe the older look of the game what it is: not so colorful, not so teeming. How should I put... Sense of wonder? The mystery of the world? Of that strange, peculiar but somehow recognizable lone Witcher on his Path? Yes, these all also are the reasons :)

Guest 3847602

Yes, I also can't define the exact reason why this game enslaved me!
It's the atmosphere for me - combination of art design and color palette, Skorupa's music and the writing. Setting was also unique - fantasy, but very grounded one. Dark, but not absurdly dark, depressing and humorless.
Simply love that game from beginning to end. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the atmosphere for me - combination of art design and color palette, Skorupa's music and the writing. Setting was also unique - fantasy, but very grounded one. Dark, but not absurdly dark, depressing and humorless.
Simply love that game from beginning to end. :D

What I very much like about The Witcher universe: fantasy with all aspects of the genre except the orks! This makes the world more unique, makes more contrast between the human/elven/dwarf 'group' and 'the monsters'.

Just a little sidenote! During the search among the game files you can find some interesting 3D model and texture what was left out from the final game.
There is a round shaped wolf medal as described in the books: 'The stranger reached into his jerkin once more and pulled out a round medallion on a silver chain. It pictured the head of a wolf, baring its fangs.' (The Last Wish / The Witcher short story)
geralt2.jpg

Top Bottom