The Witcher Gamespot preview.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Witcher Gamespot preview.

Check out this new preview of our game that was just published at Gamespot.com, along with some new screenshots. You’ll find all the greatest features described there with some samples based on the demo show we did for journalists in San Francisco last week. It’s an obligatory lecture for every The Witcher fan. Enjoy!

Some quick thoughts on the preview:- First of all, new screens - Who are those new female characters?? The one with fiery red hair look like Marti Sodergren (healer and nympho ;D ), but I wonder what is she doing on the court of Vizima? And the second one... well, dunno, a female witcher? (wielding a sword on her back, got some sort of medallion, but from her looks I would rather call her a Frankenstein's bride ;) ). - The only "exlusive" in this preview is probably that spoiler with selling weapons to Scoia'tael or simply killing them. Another nice sample of moral choices.

That girl is Triss Merigold for sure :)I'm afrraid about other thing. The date of release, posted at gamespot is october 2007 :(

KsandrWarfire said:
That girl is Triss Merigold for sure :)I'm afrraid about other thing. The date of release, posted at gamespot is october 2007 :(
Damn, this can't be Triss ;). Triss has a chestnut-coloured hair, and these are red. I can recall only one sorceress with fiery red hair and it was Marti Sodergren.The date of release, well, it also troubles me... they changed it from September (23rd or 24th) to October. On the other hand, I would prefer to receive a complete and polished game in contradiction to Gothic 3 or Two Worlds. One month won't save us :).

Brysiu said:
The date of release, well, it also troubles me... they changed it from September (23rd or 24th) to October. On the other hand, I would prefer to receive a complete and polished game in contradiction to Gothic 3 or Two Worlds. One month won't save us :).
... and LOKI :eek:I'd rather wait an other month than getting an unfinished game.@mrs FrankensteinSomewhere I read sth like... the lore says it's not impossible that there might be female Witchers (real Witches? ^^)mrs frankenstein has an ugly haircut :p

Mothra

Forum veteran
a nice preview and very much in favor of the witcher. they only seem to have praises for it.

KsandrWarfire said:
As I know there won't another sorceress in the game except Triss.
Speaking of that, now that I've started thinking about the books, it can't be also Marti Sodergren, cause she was killed short after a battle of Brenna (as I can recall). And if those screens show Triss Merigold, then I'm Emperor Emhyr var Emreis ;). But if they do, well... that's really bad.Nvm, back to this strange pale female - in the series basing on a wonderful polish movie ;), there were some female witchers, but there were also some other strange atrocities, like witchers in full plate, so... :p.

I'm 90% sure that this is Triss. Look at her decolletage. Triss was the one sorceress that never show her breasts.

Sum said:
I'm 90% sure that this is Triss. Look at her decolletage. Triss was the one sorceress that never show her breasts.
That's right, moreover she has a really slim waist the same as in the books... but look at her hair....Oh well, all in all she could have dyed her hair, so I won't commit suicide because of that. :D

Interesting preview. It's a shame that a new gameplay video hasn't been released yet though. I hope the game still comes out in late september/early october. I need to plan my vacation time you know. ;)Anyway, it is interesting to read the 'public' opinion on the gamespot comments. It appears a lot of people want an Xbox 360 version, but I for one am thankful it's not going to have one. I feel this a large part of the reason that Oblivion became as dumbed down as it did both in interface and gameplay. The quest markers leading me to important places for one thing.

i have nothing against xbox 360, so i will not rant if they do make a 360 title, which I highly doubt they will. That said, if i had the choice, i would still play the witcher on PC. There just something about playing a game on the computer for me. I have Oblivion as a 360 title because I had just bought the console and wanted something to play. And you are right, it does seem dumbed down somehow and awkward to me, besides the fact that I had deep reservations about playing the game AT ALL based on what I'd heard about it. ANYWAY - back to the topic at hand, the gamespot article. No mind shattering revelations here but very interesting nonetheless. I skipped the moral choice example because last time I read one, I was really bummed out for having read the spoiler. :'( As for the screens... the pale woman disturbs me because she has a sword on her back (which is a matter of speculation in and of itself) but, while she seems to be depicted as a sword fighter, she also appears to be wearing metal panties. Uhh... yeah. When I first read the english translation that was posted of "A Lesser Evil" I thought it was rather fitting that a woman who is dumb enough to leave herself exposed like that also meets her end because of it. Of course, thats not all I thought of her character, but thats another topic.

Brysiu said:
Some quick thoughts on the preview:- First of all, new screens - Who are those new female characters?? The one with fiery red hair look like Marti Sodergren (healer and nympho ;D ), but I wonder what is she doing on the court of Vizima? And the second one... well, dunno, a female witcher? (wielding a sword on her back, got some sort of medallion, but from her looks I would rather call her a Frankenstein's bride ;) ). - The only "exlusive" in this preview is probably that spoiler with selling weapons to Scoia'tael or simply killing them. Another nice sample of moral choices.
the pretty one wielding sword on her back is probably just a npc. theres a quest in this game: Geralt meets good necromancer, who tried to reanimate his dead wife. and he probably did it, with large number of other, bad zombies. probably this is the wife of necro. i'm sure shes not a witcher, because they wear medallions with imitations of crow, griphon, wolf or cat. and the red haired woman... she might be even that princess, which Geralt saved from being a monster long time ago... dunno

Geralt has a dead wife? He's a witcher and a widower? aha...o_O really?The princess was about 14 when he took the shtriga curse from her. This red haired woman is at least in the mid twenties. So it must be more than 10 years later after he rescued the princess o_0

PetraSilie said:
Geralt has a dead wife? He's a witcher and a widower? aha...o_O really?The princess was about 14 when he took the shtriga curse from her. This red haired woman is at least in the mid twenties. So it must be more than 10 years later after he rescued the princess o_0
Speaking of sb's dead wife, he was probably meaning necromancer's wife ;D. Still, I wonder why she is wielding a sword on her back? Necromancer and warrior, um, nice couple ;).Let's just say, for now, she's some kind of female unhealthy-looking warrior.About the princess... it may be even more than 10 years since the curse removal. Game takes place 5 years after the battle of Brenna and we assume that Geralt was hired by king Foltest much earlier, before the Northern Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom