The Witcher Hollywood movie!

+
Despite the fact that we know nothing about hypothetical Witcher adaptation; we may only speculate who shall play the main character, so here is my proposal:http://z.about.com/d/lost/1/0/R/P/-/-/Sawyer.jpgand just imagine him with long, white hair. For me this is the best candidate; slim face, bad eyes... ;) thats my Witcher.

letheash said:
Despite the fact that we know nothing about hypothetical Witcher adaptation; we may only speculate who shall play the main character, so here is my proposal:http://z.about.com/d/lost/1/0/R/P/-/-/Sawyer.jpgand just imagine him with long, white hair. For me this is the best candidate; slim face, bad eyes... ;) thats my Witcher.
Yep. He could be Geralt. But does he act good? I don't know. The actor who shall play Geralt must have great acting ability.

the polish film and tv series were crappy but after watching them (yeas I did watch!:)) I can't imagine anyone else as Geralt but Michał Żebrowski-he is a great actor and he was great as Geralt...no Boromir from lotr will do better in that role :p

Trust me, he does have good acting ability. He stars on the Lost - TV series if you wanna search it up

The Witcher Hollywood movie would be awesome as long as Uwe Boll isn't the director :wall: ;D

they will probably make "Halo the movie" or "Bioshock the movie" first . How about Witcher tv mini-series? It could be interesting expecially with high budget. And yes I know there was tv series wich was crap IMO.

Guest 2005166

Filippa said:
Filippa said:
Filippa said:
Trust me, he does have good acting ability. He stars on the Lost - TV series if you wanna search it up
Ok. I think he is then the best choice for main character.
what? the guy from "lost" ?? come on..he's ugly :p
I´m no watcher of "LOST"... so I don´t know. But did I miss something lately? Did Geralt mutate into a male model? I don´t think he´s supposed to be a beautiful man, so I guess "ugly" is the more suitable term. Uglyness, combined with a strong charisma, can produce a bunch of sexiness. ^-^Hollywood would bugger this up anyway, so I hope they leave their fingers from it. Uwe Boll, I warn you... make Pac man or something other appropriate.

Yennefer - Rebeca RomijnRegis - Johnny Deep (or Dandelion, he can act anything ;)Calanthe - Cate BlanchettCiri - that young girl from "Atornment"Emhyr - Christian BaleCahir - Woody Harelsson

Please, only allow a European Film Company to film The Witcher. We can all do without another historical travesty churned out by Hollywood. Not to mention the accents, which totally destroy any credibility of the characters and the regional place settings. Remember how wonderful historical films like DAS BOOT and STALINGRAD turned out without a yank in sight. We in Europe have a fantastic historical and cultural background that has been laid down over the centuries. This is reflected in our towns and cities and the people that we are. The countryside of mainland Europe is dotted with castles and mediaeval architecture which are just begging to be used in a historical / fantasy setting. So, in conclusion a country like the U.S.A. who have the temerity re-write history in their own image, whilst trashing everybody- elses, do not have the right to use the Dollar to call the shots. .

Geralt-Kianu Reevs but with white hair :)Yenefer /from the series/ or triss /from the game/- Lyv TYLER ! I love that woman.

there was one unsuccsesfull attempt to make the movie about Witcher. It was poland movie with Zhebrovsky as a Geralt. And it was terrible. The witcher saga is very big - something above 8 tomes - and it's very hard to make a short movie.

There was a movie and TV series... but after seeing movie I did not want to waste my time to series. They took a pictures at the same time for both. But apart from movie thre was quite good comic book series.

Yeah there was polish movie The witcher, and was made based on tv series that was made..whole tv serie take 20 000 000 zlthis is ehm something abuat 9 000 000 $ movie like the tv series were just tragic;/ much of polisch fan was just f###### mad on director and others;/polisch actor wasn't also so good;/this was oryginal poster
and here is some others pic from movie
and some pics of lover of geralt, pic of yenefer
i think that movie made by Baginski would be a big succces;D(maybe someone will chalange me? lv 4 ;D)

romeolongsword said:
Where do you get the info about the success in sales from?I am interested to know because if you think a game and the books have shoot up there to be worthy of making a Hollywood production, the sakes must be outstandingly successful compare with other products in the market.
please no, anything but a crappy hollywood movie =/I`ve seen "pathfinder" recently.whole thing is too complicated for one movie, and I doubt one could gather funds to make something like LotR...a movie based on one novel could be successful, but still there is a risk that someone would demand a typical hollywood happy ending. there are no happy endings in the witcher world. that`s the magic in it.tv or anime series - but not another xena,hercules,whatever_crap-like...

so far I see the most of users agree about few things.- the film shouldn't be making by holywood, cuz it can be crappier then polish production (I'm patriot, but i have no mercy for shit)- a real film-makers fans of sapkowski's books should take care of this production (of course not some amateurs, but people who realy care about what they doing and love it as well as the witcher wordl)- it is better if it would be a mini tv series like rome - well, i don't actually agree, i mean it coudl be a full movie as well. my conditions are: good people who love to make movies, not money. And imo it should be making by some europeans, becouse (what is most important for me) it should have this slavic climate whitch is compleatly diffrent then 4 eg. lord of the rings world. (of course we can still add some american professionalist)big or small screen - i think it can be good production in both cases. but it should make people who love sapkowski's, slavic, magic, mysterious, world of the witcher:)

Corvinius said:
Maybe it would just better never be done. Until now, all attempts to make books into good movies have failed, especially fantasy novels. Including The Lord of the Rings.
What are you talking about? LotR is one of the most successful franchises of ALL time! How can that possibly be a failure? I mean if it was something as crap as those Spiderman movies I'd understand; but this is a franchise that has won more that 20 OSCARS!!! And I certainly think Tolkien's ethos was met perfectly by Jackson's vision; the movie got more people to understand and appreciate the book; which is never a failure.Anyway, enough of a rant....I thought Hugo Weaving would be cool, but then he is kinda old... And I do think it's possible to do a good movie; as long as it's not from the game.

[First post...Hi everybody,I love your forum!] Just imagine a film by Baginski...I mean a whole motion-picture, a full-lenght movie by Baginski...That is somewhere beyond any cinematographic experiece ever...Just imagine an entire movie that looks,acts and feels just like The Witcher intro movie...I think that would be the greatest film ever...Can anyone persuade Baginski into this? ;D ;D ;D

I think if someone would do movie about Witcher in style of Lord of the rings, that could be great thing ;) Not piece of shit like polish movie ;/To good stories we need good directors :D Like George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, Peter Jackson... Call them xD

Top Bottom