The Witcher Hollywood movie!

+
The Witcher Hollywood movie!

As you already know The witcher gains more and more popularity. If the sales reach milion of copies, it's almost inevitable that some movie producer is going to make more money on Geralt (fantasy theme is still on top). There are also rumors about animation movie directed by Baginski. Would you like to see The witcher on silver screen ? What are your suggestions. Should it be based on series of books like Potter ? What is favorable actor to Geralt's role? Plese feel free to post your comment.

Haha, I doubt it will happen. Too good to be true ;)Though I think they should rather do new series than a movie, if anything at all. I don't think the fans would live through ANOTHER lame excuse for a movie.

Where do you get the info about the success in sales from?I am interested to know because if you think a game and the books have shoot up there to be worthy of making a Hollywood production, the sakes must be outstandingly successful compare with other products in the market.

romeolongsword said:
Where do you get the info about the success in sales from?I am interested to know because if you think a game and the books have shoot up there to be worthy of making a Hollywood production, the sakes must be outstandingly successful compare with other products in the market.
The sales haven't reched one milion yet, I said "if" :) But to tell the truth there were worse games and main characters that were turned to movie. The Witcher is very good material, there wasn't such a movie - dark fantasy with very real characters.

The Witcher is very good material,
The Witcher is very good material, that's true, but it's not enough to make a good movie. There're some talented people needed to make the movie who love The Witcher as much as real fans. There were a movie in Poland - The Witcher some time ago, but it wasn't worth watching. Why? None of the actors played well (maybe accept Geralt) and there was no magic atmosphere in the movie as you can feel it while playing the game. IMO it rather looked like a movie about some knights in the Middle Ages than a real "witcher-movie":p
there wasn't such a movie - dark fantasy with very real characters
What abut Lord of The Rings?:)

I don't know about you, but as Uwe Boll tends to do the most "game-movies", I'm more afraid of the prospect of a movie being made due to the success of the game than looking forward to it.If the movie was to be made because of the successful game, chances are good that Uwe Boll would make that movie, and then there's a 99% chance that it would suck horribly.

There could be a movie based on books, and of course game would help to increase books' popularity. I don't thik that Sapkowski could give the rights to Uwe Boll. So I'm really putting my hopes on great script and director. But first The Witcher sould be as popular as Lara Croft, wich is possible.

Already made :)http://www.filmweb.pl/Wied%C5%BAmin,2001,o+filmie,Film,id=1281http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPfMF5Lk_7s

Yeah too bad its crappy. Most video game movie adaptations suck sadly. The real reason behind it is no one wants to put the time, effort, or money into making it. Why? because Hollywood doesn't care as long as they keep the name of the game and make it PG-13 then every teenager is going to see it and they make millions. Until new young directors and writers who have played the games start getting jobs and replacing the old ones who know nothing, there won't be a change. Here's too good game movies in 10 years.

Mike113 said:
As you already know The witcher gains more and more popularity. If the sales reach milion of copies, it's almost inevitable that some movie producer is going to make more money on Geralt (fantasy theme is still on top). There are also rumors about animation movie directed by Baginski. Would you like to see The witcher on silver screen ? What are your suggestions. Should it be based on series of books like Potter ? What is favorable actor to Geralt's role? Plese feel free to post your comment.
don't scare..

I think it should be made into an indi film by people who love the books and not have anything to do with the game what so ever. The books are what make the story. Yes its a great game and I love it, but a good movie would be based from the books. And the only way to get a good movie now days is to go indi and move way from hollywood. The polish film was not great, but it was watchable imo, but I would love to see better.There would need to be a screenplay writer and directory willing to adapt it with Sapkowski permission and blessing. Then they would need to find producers (financial backers), and if this was ever possible, chances are slim, it would take at least two years before pre production would begin.I would however love to see this happen.I was watching a little of Eragon the other night, and I think Jeremy Irons would be a perfect Geralt.As for Uwe Boll, there is no way in hell anyone would even think of giving him another movie they cared about, he has butchered way to many scripts as it is, his first disaster was bloodryane, he butchered that horribly.I think Christophe Gans would be a good choice for directory (brotherhood of the wolf).

ausir

Forum veteran
craigc30 said:
Yeah too bad its crappy. Most video game movie adaptations suck sadly. The real reason behind it is no one wants to put the time, effort, or money into making it. Why? because Hollywood doesn't care as long as they keep the name of the game and make it PG-13 then every teenager is going to see it and they make millions. Until new young directors and writers who have played the games start getting jobs and replacing the old ones who know nothing, there won't be a change. Here's too good game movies in 10 years.
Well, The Witcher is based on a book series, so a Witcher movie (just like the Polish one made long before the game) wouldn't really be a video game movie.

Maybe it would just better never be done. Until now, all attempts to make books into good movies have failed, especially fantasy novels. Including The Lord of the Rings.

ausir

Forum veteran
And including The Witcher - it was already filmed in Poland, and the movie and TV series is horrible.

Hi all! (my first post ;D)I'm a huge fan of Witcher saga, and I've seen Wiedzmin movie. It's one of the crappiest film I've ever seen.Seriously. Witcher's story is made of 7 tomes (2 tomes-short stories and 5 tomes-saga). It covers dozen or so years. Except Geralt's it tells story of Ciri, Yennefer and Dandelion. I don't know how anyone could squish all of that into 2hs movie without loosing everything what's great in it.But because it's highly hypothetical thread ;) here's my cast (from the top of my head):Geralt - Sean Bean - he's got that nice roman profile *drools*, he's old enough and with make-up he would do :p Yennefer - hmmm... not sure...Melina Kanakaredes? - because she has perfect Yennefer's lookCiri - no idea, probably 2 girls (child and teenager)Dandelion - Ryan Phillippecast from nightmares:Geralt: Brad PittYennefer: Angelina JolieCiri: Jessica AlbaDandelion: Orlando Bloom/ Leonardo Di Caprio ;D

Oh please Hollywood don't you dare doing 'The WItcher' movie! It's just not the style, theclimat... I think the best would be, after the global success of 'TW" game(s) some Polish ppl should do a new movie(with big budget), meaby even in english and in coopration with other countries. But IMO(and now i'm in US watching the culture here) American/West European movie makers can't do "TW" as it should be done... I wish people who did the game were helping or even doing the movie.

Furiae said:
cast from nightmares:Geralt: Brad PittYennefer: Angelina JolieCiri: Jessica AlbaDandelion: Orlando Bloom/ Leonardo Di Caprio ;D
oh dear....that would be a nightmare....why did you write that? now my imaginatiom makes me feel uncomfortable :)seriously, if The Witcher should become a movie, it should be made by people that really feel the story and fully understand what is the essence of Geralt's features. Making it that way would be rather hard in "Hollywood style" i suppose...

Top Bottom