The Witcher Hollywood movie!

+
Furiae said:
Travesty and a joke? Ouch!As far as I remember Geralt has a look of a man in his mid-30's then 40's, so Sean Bean isn't that bad.
This Kankaredes lady isn't at all like Yennefer. Where's the striking beauty? Triangular elfin face?
Fine. That's the way I (more or less) imagine her. I'm in the middle of reading saga again, and Sapkowski doesn't describe her as striking beauty. Nor calssic one. He writes that her nose is little bit too long and crook. She has narrow lips. The most distinctive and alluring are her eyes. She's rather "it girl". So yes, I still think Kankaredes could be ok, despite the fact she doesn't have a "body of 16 y.o. girl" ;)
The way I imagine HER...?...it's very filthy at The Old Narakort - the room is small and filthy. She is handcuffed to a radiator (gnomes olde fyne worke). Cypress Hills' "Cock The Hammer" plays gently in the background. She' s nasty...If she's "it's girl" than Kankaredes is I.T.'s girl!!! ...just another matchball for old pyton p...

I didn`t say Bean was bad - he's too old ( `59). Sadly.
So he's 48! If all men looked like him in their 40's... And no. He's not too old :p
still she WAS way better than Kankaredes.As for Phillippe - true he can act good (when he's directed by Eastwood Tongue), but IMHO he's TOO much a cherub type too play Dandelion.
We have to agree that we disagree ;DDandelion was cherub type... a pretty boy, not _handsome_ man.
If she's "it's girl" than Kankaredes is I.T.'s girl!!!
IT GIRL, not 'it's girl' ::)
...just another matchball for old pyton p...
:Dps. J. Depp gets my vote everywhere, anytime. I'm biased.

Never should Geralt go to Hollywood, nothing against the guy but I don't think he belongs there. BBC could make one of their series about him though. I'd like to add my fuel to the actor discussion. Anyone who's watched Rome knows Lucius Vorenus. Kevin McKidd, the guy who plays Vorenus, would be a great choice in the role of Geralt. He looks the same plus, well, see for yourselves: http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/0571727/HH/0571727/iid_890795.jpg.html?hint=nm0571727.

ironanno said:
Never should Geralt go to Hollywood, nothing against the guy but I don't think he belongs there. BBC could make one of their series about him though. I'd like to add my fuel to the actor discussion. Anyone who's watched Rome knows Lucius Vorenus. Kevin McKidd, the guy who plays Vorenus, would be a great choice in the role of Geralt. He looks the same plus, well, see for yourselves: http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/0571727/HH/0571727/iid_890795.jpg.html?hint=nm0571727.
This is a very good choice. Maybe he's better for that role than Bean.

It is an interesting idea, but most likely will turn into a flop, even if it did happen. It really isn't plausible because: 1. The game isn't all that popular from what I gather 2. It's an RPG, and RPG's don't get much attention out of Final Fantasy and SE spin offs (which mostly leave much to be desired) and 3. It's already done so well in the game that a movie isn't needed. Come to think of it, I'd rather not have any real life iterations at all. It would just ruin this perfect world the game created. Now, if I could only read all of the books...

Serph15 said:
It is an interesting idea, but most likely will turn into a flop, even if it did happen. It really isn't plausible because: 1. The game isn't all that popular from what I gather 2. It's an RPG, and RPG's don't get much attention out of Final Fantasy and SE spin offs (which mostly leave much to be desired) and 3. It's already done so well in the game that a movie isn't needed. Come to think of it, I'd rather not have any real life iterations at all. It would just ruin this perfect world the game created. Now, if I could only read all of the books...
The game is an adaptation of a book series that is very popular in Eastern and Central Europe and fairly popular in Western Europe as well. We're talking more about a movie about the books than the game here.

I hope they don't make a movie; not unless the quality of game-to-film adaptations increase over the next year or so. Maybe if they got a director who'd read the books and was intent on delivering a masterpiece true to the stores, rather than another hack-and-slash video game movie.

craigc30 said:
Yeah too bad its crappy. Most video game movie adaptations suck sadly. The real reason behind it is no one wants to put the time, effort, or money into making it. Why? because Hollywood doesn't care as long as they keep the name of the game and make it PG-13 then every teenager is going to see it and they make millions. Until new young directors and writers who have played the games start getting jobs and replacing the old ones who know nothing, there won't be a change. Here's too good game movies in 10 years.
Also, I think it's very hard to condense a 40+ hour game like The Witcher into say 2-3 hours of movie time.Hell, I think it's probably be hard for anyone to condense say a 8-12 hour game -- oh, like say the length of one of the Hitman series of games into say a 2 hour movie. Especially since there's already so much material to draw from, too. I really hope they don't draw from too much material, so that something feels missing in translation from game to movie. Hollywood has a tendency to often throw too much into the pot of say a series for one-single movie instead of just splitting it up and taking their time and doing it proper.I even think it's gonna be tough to see Max Payne, a 6-hour game, turn out correctly when it's put forth on-screen for a 2-hour movie. Most of these long games would be better off thrown on TV as some VERY high-budgeted TV series instead of one 2 hour flick.

Ausir said:
The game is an adaptation of a book series that is very popular in Eastern and Central Europe and fairly popular in Western Europe as well. We're talking more about a movie about the books than the game here.
Because the original poster didn't specify; I was under the impression he thought the The Witcher, the game, might reach 1 million copies (unlikely). Thus, I referred to the game. I didn't really read any other posts. And, yes, I know it's an adaption of a book series.

I believe they are making a movie about a similar character from Michael Moorcocks Eternal Champion series of books.Elric of Melnibone the albino Prince. So it might be a while before someone would consider a film with Geralt in. Elric looks kind of similar and is often refered to as "the white wolf" and and there are two swords. Mournblade and Stormbringer. WIll be interesting to see how that film develops.

ironanno said:
Strange, but for the first time of my life I immediately thought of a german actor as a first choice - Thomas Kretschmann. I can easily imagine him as Geralt, the eyes and the face fit very well, and he's also one of the very few better german actors.http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0470981/You might have seen him in King Kong as the ship captain or in The Pianist as the german officer who's helping Adrien Brody in the end.

Serph15 said:
Because the original poster didn't specify; I was under the impression he thought the The Witcher, the game, might reach 1 million copies (unlikely). Thus, I referred to the game. I didn't really read any other posts. And, yes, I know it's an adaption of a book series.
The game has been released in over 1 million copies worldwide and CD Projekt expects it to sell that much.

Ausir said:
The game has been released in over 1 million copies worldwide and CD Projekt expects it to sell that much.
Off-topic, but:1. 1 Million copies isn't a whole lot in video games, that's even worse worldwide.2. It's not the created copies or expectancy of sales, it's the actual numbers that matters, which worldwide probably will sell that much. I, again, was thinking the poster was talking just in North and South America, which I doubt will sell 1 million copies altogether. But, whatever, the movies not gonna be made, no point in conversing about it.

Exactly! EUROPEAN books, game(s), and movie I hope. As i said before, i doubt if Europeans(western) get "The Witcher", so please Americans don't even think of doing the movie. I wouldn't mind cooperation tho...

Top Bottom