"The Witcher" mobile game – gameplay!

+
"The Witcher" mobile game – gameplay!

Some time ago we informed you about “The Witcher” mobile game that is being made in cooperation between CD Projekt RED and Breakpoint. Many of you asked us in e-mails about the progress in
work. For all interested, we are placing a gameplay movie. Remember that the game is still in its production phase. We hope you’ll like the movie.

Haha great, looking definitely great! ;D(I am laughing because personally I hate playing games on my mobile phone)

Somehow this movie is not unknown to me. I saw a similar scene recently on... *ehem* IGN? An old article on an American site.

i know it's being "hip" around these days but doesn't anybody beside me think that all that visual indications of swordswings (the blue streaks) which seem to be in the original game as well totally lame. I think those things are very immersion breaking for me. hearing swingsounds, ok, but those dreadful color animations....I don't know. On this handheld it looks pretty fun but I don't know in the finished game I think it looks goofy. well, to be more precise I find it in all games I seen so far pretty goofy (JadeEmpire e.g.) but I can live with that design decision by the devs.

mothra, those 'blue streaks' - as you called that - are very helpful in the game. They indicate the right moment to click again in order to perform combo. There was a lengthy discussion some time ago on the Polish side of the forum about that. The devs changed the look of it. Nowadays it's more transparent. Soon there will be a new gameplay video available and we all will see the change :)

I understand where it's coming from but sometimes I just miss the days where you had to really pay attention and develop some skill in playing a game instead of getting (even if they are subtle) hints all the time. Still witcher's combat looks pretty interesting and promising. I must really say that combat is most of the time the worst part in adventure/RPG games. I loved e.g. PrinceOfPersia's Sands of Time story and jump puzzles but hated its boring and repetetive combat. same with JadeEmpire, I started cheating thru the last fights just cause I couldn't be bothered any more with the tiresome, lenghty kungfu fights. Well I'm glad they toned down the swordswing-streak.

I understand where it's coming from but sometimes I just miss the days where you had to really pay attention and develop some skill in playing a game instead of getting (even if they are subtle) hints all the time. Still witcher's combat looks pretty interesting and promising. I must really say that combat is most of the time the worst part in adventure/RPG games. I loved e.g. PrinceOfPersia's Sands of Time story and jump puzzles but hated its boring and repetetive combat. same with JadeEmpire, I started cheating thru the last fights just cause I couldn't be bothered any more with the tiresome, lenghty kungfu fights. Well I'm glad they toned down the swordswing-streak.
I agree with you. I am 90% done with Prince of Persia Sands of Time on the PC and I find myself dreading the battles. They were fun at first, but they lost that appeal rather quickly. Sword streaks or not, doesn't matter to me, I just hope the Witcher combat is fun and exciting over the long haul. I am putting a lot of faith into this game, and I just hope I'm not letdown.

Two points:1) Who even plays these mobile games transferred from another platform? I just find it queer as it's nothing but terribly frustrating and ludicrously with all those small buttons and quirky animations. Small digression and cool fact: aparently, most mobile phone gamers are women, as they don't have the inclination to sit on one thing for too long =P2) When it comes to the Prince of Persia titles, I liked Warrior Within most. The music, the dark feel of it and of course the vibes from all the chicks in the game were great. Come to think of it, it may be the unconventional and non-a-la-Star-Wars-pure-good-versus-pure-evil mysterious, harsh and dark world of The Witcher that attracts me most to CDPR's game :)

When it comes to games on your mobile, I just get the feeling that producers are just trying to put way too many functions in a mobile phone. I'm happy when mine can just send/receive phinecalls and texts, maybe has a camera, and most importantly, is durable. I'm not saying I have a brick for my mobile but I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to mobiles. Which doesn't change the fact that I'm all for the Witcher, YEAH! If people will get hooked on the proper game, as I'm assuming the mobile version is just to attract people to the Witcher universe, I'm fine with this (not that my attitude changes anything), I'm all for it :)

When I get the desire to play I use the PC and that's it. I'm not a friend of mobile games ;DAnyway... the features of Crimson Trail will be:
  • 12 levels in 4 different environments
  • 7 different types of enemies + 4 unique bosses
  • the two swords + 4 Witcher signs
  • dynamic combat combo system
  • role-playing choices that affect the game
  • gather herbs to mix powerful potions
  • 3 game modes: story, replay and an unlockable arena
  • uploadable high scores
What is an unlockable arena ???

I'd be interested to know how many mobile games are actually sold in this sort of thing. Like with Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. That was advertised a lot. Wonder if they made profit...

Crimson Trail the moblie Witcher game was supposed to be released ont 15/17 Sept. but it's not available yet. Any reasons why or any new info about the new release date?http://www.thewitchermobile.com/ what means exactly "coming soon" ;D

Who will be so kind and donates ^..^ a translation or at least a summary?http://witcher.elkander.join.pl/index.php?function=show_all&no=444thx :-*

PetraSilie said:
Who will be so kind and donates ^..^ a translation or at least a summary?http://witcher.elkander.join.pl/index.php?function=show_all&no=444thx :-*
My English is far from good, so there may be some mistakes, but I hope that even if details get lost, the point lasts.So here it is:The Witcher for mobile phones on the first of October!CD Project, with pleasure, informs that the game for mobile phones called "The Witcher: Blood Trail" will debut on 1st of October! The game will be available exclusively in "Play" mobile network (Hilarion: it's a young Polish mobile network), and "Breakpoint" company is responsible for it's production and distribution.The Witcher: Blood Trail is an arcade 2D game, in which the payers get to play Geralt, a promising adept of school of witchers. The story is based around books of Andrzej Sapkowski, and the action begins when the main character finishes his witcher's training. On the path of Geralt there'll be many monsters, which the hero will have to beat using sword and wits. The important role in the game will play choices made by the player, they will decide about the outcome of the struggle. Bad decision will make Geralt suffer crushing defeat.The game makers prepared 12 big levels in 4 different locations. Geralt will face 11 kinds of opponents, to slay them he'll use two swords and 4 magic signs. Fight will become dynamic thanks to well designed system of combos. The hero will - during the play - gather different herbs to create strong potions. The game producers offer to players three play modes: Story, Adventure and Arena. After finishing the game, users will be able to present their scores sending them to a server. Results and all information about the mobile game will soon be available on www.thewitchermobile.com web page.Along with The Witcher game in the "Play" mobile network will appear many different add-ons related to the game, which for sure will attract mobile phone owners. Among them you'll find wallpapers, ring-tones, screen-savers.The producer and publisher of "The Witcher: Blood Trail" game is "Breakpoint", a company being part of "MNI S.A." group. The owner of the rights to games based on the Witcher's world is "CD Projekt", whose game "The Witcher" has it's premiere in October 2007. "The Witcher: Blood Trail" will debut on 1st of October 2007.Hilarion:As you can see it's mostly about Polish premiere of the game in Polish mobile network.

Thanx for the translation :) The facts about the game I knew already, but there were some quite interesting more news."The game will be available exclusively in "Play" mobile network" apparently means there's no chance to get Crimson trail somewhere else o_OI wonder how Witcher ring-tones sound like ^.^

Top Bottom