The Witcher: Monster Slayer is out!

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED

The Witcher: Monster Slayer, a free-to-play, location-based AR RPG from Spokko, member of the CD PROJEKT family, is now available on iOS and Android!

Download for free from Apple App Store.

Download for free from Google Play.

The game challenges players to take on the role of a freshly trained witcher adept and step out into a dark fantasy realm using only their mobile phone or tablet. Using advanced AR features, as well as their location and the time of day, players will be able to hunt down over 100 witcher-world monsters both old and new.

Additionally, there will be a surprise waiting in your inventory if you log into The Witcher: Monster Slayer before July 28th, 11:59 PM CEST — the Kaer Morhen Steel Sword! This weapon increases the number of Experience Points gained from killing monsters by 10%, and will surely aid new witchers beginning their journey on the Path.

Don’t miss out on any news — visit The Witcher: Monster Slayer’s official website and follow the game on Facebook and Twitter. You can also join its official Discord server.

Can we get an option to exclude area from spawning monsters? I literally got griphon from first quest to spawn in allotment gardens surrounded with fences and keylocked. Few metres further and I would note be able to engage it.

Can we get an option to exclude area from spawning monsters? I literally got griphon from first quest to spawn in allotment gardens surrounded with fences and keylocked. Few metres further and I would note be able to engage it.
haha, it's all random. Same thing was with Pokemon Go when people went nuts because they could not reach some rare pokemon.

It's not quite the same, but have you noticed that there is an option to relocate the quest if you can't reach it? You just have to be far enough from the quest area, then select the quest from your journal and there it lets you relocate it.

Haven't tried it yet myself, but I did notice the option for it while going through all menus and stuff.

Good to see you, @Sunsibar !
Good to be back again =)

I have been enjoying this game few days now and liking it, so I had to stop by and see if there is anything going on about the topic. My first day of logging in didn't go so well, since I was immediately bugged to level 40 and inventory overfilled with everything. I got my game reseted on Friday and since then, it has been enjoyable and fun. It's nowhere near Witcher 123 awesome, but definitely fun for mobile game if you like to walk around the neighborhood. And it's definitely a Witcher game with all the familiar settings.

Maybe the most awesome moments for me have been, when the quest has taken me to some long forgotten back streets and forest paths, where I used to visit as a kid. What an appropriate setting for a Witcher game! So where PokemonGo makes you go to visit known landmarks and public places, this one makes you visit all over the place.

Not quite sure what to think about the story aspect in a game like this, but so far it fits nicely into the game. Because the game already makes you travel to your actual destination instead of spawning everything in front of your nose, few dialogues and story moments won't disturb the feeling of "going for a walk". And I still enjoy for having different dialogue options, although not sure yet if different decisions affect outcomes at all?

We'll see how this goes after playing a while longer, but so far I'm liking it and definitely gonna play more of it =) If you like Witcher games and need a reason to go out, I can definitely recommend trying this.

Not quite sure what to think about the story aspect in a game like this, but so far it fits nicely into the game.
I was wondering how the story would work, especially the character interactions. I'm glad you're enjoying the game so far -- thanks for sharing your impressions!
If you like Witcher games and need a reason to go out, I can definitely recommend trying this.
Unfortunately, I still don't have a device that could run it, and likely won't be getting one anytime soon, so I'm afraid I shall have to give Monster Slayer a miss.

I also tried my luck on monster slayer. I am not usually a mobile gamer at all, and especially not mobile AR games, I played Pokemon Go for 15 minutes or so. But this one I wanted to try.

I also enjoyed the fact the game leads to streets all around you, found a cafe I didn't know was there less than 100 meters from my appartment :)

One problem I seem to have is that when the critical strike bar fills up, and you get the critical strirke icon on the screen, I seem to be able block/parry anymore - which is unfortunate, since sometimes you simply have to. So in these situations getting the critical strike bar filled counts as a negative for me. which seems wrong.

Or maybe I am doing something wrong there, does anyone know?

Also looking for ingame friends, my ID is: 1284 0100 2611

One problem I seem to have is that when the critical strike bar fills up, and you get the critical strirke icon on the screen, I seem to be able block/parry anymore - which is unfortunate, since sometimes you simply have to. So in these situations getting the critical strike bar filled counts as a negative for me. which seems wrong.

Or maybe I am doing something wrong there, does anyone know?
Me and my boyfriend are both having that same problem, so it's not just you. Maybe we are all doing something wrong, or there is some room for improvement. That situation is rather annoying specificly in more challenging fights. So far I have just tried to go around it by not filling the critical hit bar at the... well... critical moment :D Which is also not a good way to solve the problem, but less annoying for me at least.

Yes I think you have to tactically pause your attacks if the crtical bar is about to fill, but you excpect a monster attack soon. Can't see any other solution.

Meanwhile I'm level 6, and getting lots of monsters with one skull which are too difficult for me yet.

I guess patience is needed.

I love the game after this few days. So I have a question: Will there be some forum dedicated for that game?
Also I've found some bugs, is there any way to send bug reports to devs?

:) 1 000 000 :)

Never thought it would be so mutch fun to play :)
Playing at dusk and night adds some atmosphere and a bike helps with grinding:)
The lack of an assembly line is the biggest miss for me...

Just got back from my root collecting trip. I really miss the option to zoom out the game screen a bit more. It would be really nice to actually be able to plan a bit ahead while walking, instead of pretty much just randomly wander around. You can see monsters quite well, and with potions even better, but herbs do not show on the "Witcher sense map". Unless I'm missing something here. And distance between them is usually somewhat long, so they do not show on the game screen that much either.

Also during these several days I have now been playing, I haven't seen anything spawning at our local graveyard. Which is kinda bummer. Not sure how doable it would be in game like this, but since graveyards are somewhat "whitchery" environments, it would be great to see gravehags and wraiths etc spawning specificly there.

I'm also starting to run out of quests atm. My last one so far is the one which you get after
helping the "hibernating" witcher
. Not sure yet if I will have to travel further for more quests, or do I get more from the blacksmith nearby, or do more just spawn out of nowhere after I finish that last one. Future will tell :D Although finishing that quest might take a while since it seemed to be hard difficulty. I'm not brave enough yet to go there...

I like the game overall but what I dont like is that monsters are quite far away from each other.
One day I wanted to have a walk and started the game, one monster spawned next to me, the next closes one was 2 blocks away..
I like the fact that you can see the monsters on the map and know where to go, but there are to little "ambushes". Two blocks walking with nothing happening in-between makes it a bit boring for me. I believe that this makes people use more a bicycle rather than walking.. much more that there is nothing to unlock with counted steps.

I know the game just got released, but for the future I hope that there will be more "group" action.. like a raid.. or team up in a group and walk together/ fight togther

Playing at dusk and night adds some atmosphere and a bike helps with grinding
Not sure how it works with the bike (or while running?), but at least on a car, when someone else is driving of course (or in a train, buss...), game gives you one fun little detail again. A HORSE! Sorry for the lowest graphic settings, but personally I don't think 4k graphics is necessary in mobile games : D

Screenshot_20210731_141143_com.spokko.witchermonsterslayer.jpg

Not sure how others call their horses, but mine is definitely Roach. It made me smile when I saw this little horsie appear first time out of nowhere.

Anyhoo, this is also one thing that works better here than in Pokemon Go, which won't let you do pretty much anything if you are moving too fast. At least now you are able to play this while just sitting in a car and doing nothing. It won't affect gameplay at all.

Edit: I still haven't experienced dusk or night time in game, but just a moment ago I did get few quests, which are doable only at those hours, so heading there as soon as I have proper moment for it. Probably beginning of next week.

Top Bottom