The Witcher Music Contest Winners Announced

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
The Witcher Music Contest Winners Announced

The Witcher Audio Contest has finally come to an end. We’ve received an enormous number of submissions from all over the world. Each track represented the composer's individual take on music from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Furthermore, we’d like to thank each and everyone who participated in this contest - you guys are truly awesome!

Without further ado, here are the three winners of ‘The Witcher Audio Contest’ coupled with a short description from Marcin Przybyłowicz, our Principal Composer, explaining why we chose these particular entries.

First Place: Michał Juchno - “Wild Heart”.
“We appreciate the mature and unconventional composition of this track - thanks to this, it has an elegant and modern character. This was one of the most astonishing and interesting pieces that we received.”

Listen to the track here.

Second place: EM3S - “Killing Monsters”.
“If Geralt had lived in the 21st century, he would have listened to this piece while fighting a horde of monsters. We really like the blend of aggressive electronic vibes mixed with organic sounds from the world of The Witcher.”

Third Place: Rich Douglas - “Fall of Novigrad”.
“Should Novigrad be ever sieged, this is how it would sound! The unique character of the piece evokes the feeling of imminent threat, while the choir and brass parts give it a heroic feel.”

Congratulations to all the winners, we will contact you shortly regarding the prizes!

We also selected 16 more entries to be part of our epic game-inspired music compilation, which will be available on Spotify and other streaming services - we will contact the selected composers shortly and inform everyone once the soundtrack is ready.

Thank you to everyone who participated!

OMG.

Truly amazing stuff, great talent out there. And awesome idea about the compilation!

Congratulations to the winners! I personally loved "Fall of Novigrad" by Rich Douglas. An absolute winner!

Michał Juchno's job is impressive. he must be a professional composer. congratulations to him and other winners.

It is nice to hear. But if I tell you, that i composed, mixed and mastered this piece in my bedroom...? Yes - it IS possible. Not easy, but ... ;)

Your are very talented in this kind of art; and as a friend I highly recommend you to develop and extend this gift.
wish you the best.

:cheers3:

Congrats to the winners! And I guess here everybody wins, because more witcher music!

For streaming please add it on soundcloud too, because not all of us have access to spotify and others.

Top Bottom