The Witcher: Old World board game announced!

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED

We’re happy to announce The Witcher: Old World — a new board game set in the world of The Witcher, created in cooperation with GO ON BOARD publishing company and designed by Łukasz Woźniak, author of board games such as Valhalla and Titans.

The Witcher: Old World is intended for 2-5 people and takes place long before times of Geralt of Rivia. Players take on a role of professional monster slayers who recently completed their brutal training in one of the witcher schools: School of Wolf, Viper, Cat, Bear or Griffin. On their adventures across the Continent, young witchers will face difficult choices, take on contracts, battle monsters — and perhaps find themselves brawling with another witcher in order to defend their school’s honor!

The game’s crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter will begin in May 2021 and will offer the community a chance to have a significant impact on the contents of the game, as well as the stories it features. The Witcher: Old World is currently scheduled to be released in April 2022. At this point, the game is planned to be released in English and Polish, but other language versions are being negotiated.

To keep up to date on progress in the game’s development, follow the game on Kickstarter and visit GO ON BOARD’s Facebook, Instagram and YouTube channel.

Intriguing. Cheers and good luck to the developers!

I'll be curious to see how the game compares to The Witcher Adventure Game.

Yes please, this looks promising, considering past (The Witcher Adventure board game), which by no mean was bad, it just damn hard to get now days in English and if there is one, it has astronomic price, still haven't got one, anyway, I'll keep close eye on this one!.

Last edited:
I'm just so glad there's something Witcher-related after so many years of CP2077 hype. Can't wait for the campaign start

So what sort of witcher do you envision yourself as @Riven-Twain ? Me, I'd be a deadbeat witcher who plays dice all day and can't be arsed to take care of that three-legged toothless ghoul that keeps breaking into the chicken coop to steal eggs.
Every now and then I might wake up in a ditch with a massive hangover and no boots.

So what sort of witcher do you envision yourself as @Riven-Twain ?
Probably similar to the sort I've always played as Geralt: Basically, a decent sort of chap, who strives to choose the lesser evil, whenever possible, tries to wield his powers responsibly, helps those in need, even if it means he loses coin by it, and, overall, steers towards the Good. But . . . if there's Dice Poker involved . . . he becomes waylaid, of course.

I try to keep my Bard and Witcher on separate paths -- each role in its proper place.

This looks really interesting! Glad to see more about the other Witchers in the world, especially after the Way of the Witcher expansion for GWENT. I'm going to keep an eye out for the crowdfunding project for more info :D

I've been watching the numbers flutter upwards -- swiftly surpassing the goal in a matter of minutes! It's nice to see that people are willing to support this project, no doubt for the attractive artwork, and the fact that it's inspired by The Witcher Series. I will say, though, speaking as a poor old bard: Ach! I'm a wee bit surprised at those rather high pledge levels. There are certainly some generous patrons out there! Well, that's jolly good for the game-makers, and best of luck to everyone on the Path!

Several hours later, I am astounded at how quickly the initial project was funded (within 19 minutes?!), and at how generous the backers have been (over $2,000,000, and rising). Many congratulations to Łukasz Woźniak and his team, upon such incredible interest in, and support for their game!

Top Bottom