The Witcher on Mac

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't think so. there are plenty of games with mac support but no dedicated version.an example from warcraft 3: frozen throne general system requirements
# Operating Systems: Windows 2000 / XP / Vista. Warcraft III requires Macintosh® OS X 10.3.9. or higher.# Memory: Warcraft III requires 128 MB of RAM. Virtual Memory should be enabled on computers running pre-Mac OS X versions of the Mac OS®.
no dedicated mac version but fully supported. if the witcher doesn't work on osx, it works on windows.

Gerindak said:
The topic title pretty much explains itself, so I'm looking forward to a reply.
if you don't want to buy Windows you can always try to get a Linux installation going with WINE( links in my signature ;) )

For all those out there running leopard and wanting to play the Witcher on Mac you are best off using boot camp. Get yourselves a copy of windows xp and go to applications/utilities folder on your Mac HD. In there you will see the boot camp assistant.Follow its instructions on how to install Windows, update windows, install the Witcher, Run game.I'm running it on my 24" mac dual core 2.8, 2 gig ram, Radeon 2600HD and the game runs fine.I know it's a fairly simple direction on how to get it running but once your in the boot camp assistant it is really easy to install Windows.I even ran Windows on my Macbook Pro with Tiger though i had to download the trial of boot camp to do it.Dual core 2.33 2 gig ram Radeon X1600 I havn't tried playing the Witcher on this system tho. Took windows of as i needed the space for video editinghope that helps people Cheers

I have tried to install the game several times, but every time it stalls about 80% through the process, with a sound indicating repeated attempts to access the CD. When I tried to contact Atari tech support, I got no response.

herwin said:
I have tried to install the game several times, but every time it stalls about 80% through the process, with a sound indicating repeated attempts to access the CD. When I tried to contact Atari tech support, I got no response.
can you copy the disk contents? like with MagicDisc ( see the FAQ: read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 )try to stop/disable/quit any antivirus program, any CD/DVD application like Nero if not, try with another DVD drive

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
can you copy the disk contents? like with MagicDisc ( see the FAQ: read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 )try to stop/disable/quit any antivirus program, any CD/DVD application like Nero if not, try with another DVD drive
The DVD behaves like it is damaged, although it appears to be factory-clean. I can't copy the disk with either Windows or Mac OS X. This was a gift, so I can't return it to the store; I have to get a replacement from Atari.

herwin said:
The DVD behaves like it is damaged, although it appears to be factory-clean. I can't copy the disk with either Windows or Mac OS X. This was a gift, so I can't return it to the store; I have to get a replacement from Atari.
do try what i've asked you

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
I've examined the DVD and now understand what's wrong with it. The burn procedure was apparently abnormally terminated at the factory about 4 GB in, so the DVD has an intact catalog, but is missing the last 20 MB of data3.cab and all of data4.cab. Atari is not responding to my inquiries, and I'm working with the appropriate agency of the UK Government for relief.

herwin said:
herwin said:
herwin said:
I've examined the DVD and now understand what's wrong with it. The burn procedure was apparently abnormally terminated at the factory about 4 GB in, so the DVD has an intact catalog, but is missing the last 20 MB of data3.cab and all of data4.cab. Atari is not responding to my inquiries, and I'm working with the appropriate agency of the UK Government for relief.
I was able to return the game and replace it with a copy of the original version.

ok he is my prob i have dl the patch for 1.2 then the patch for 1.3 and then i dl 1.4 i have the language pack but when i load the patch it starts then it tells me >setupnew\setup.cc(138)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@windows xp service pack 3 (2600) Non IE/netscape 11.0 why is this so the web site is no help so i have come here to see if your guys can help me i really like the game my wife got it for me so any help with this would be great

ObiWaunTanoker said:
ok he is my prob i have dl the patch for 1.2 then the patch for 1.3 and then i dl 1.4 i have the language pack but when i load the patch it starts then it tells me >setupnew\setup.cc(138)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@windows xp service pack 3 (2600) Non IE/netscape 11.0 why is this so the web site is no help so i have come here to see if your guys can help me i really like the game my wife got it for me so any help with this would be great
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 :beer:

so, all i have to do is be affiliated with a hardcore government ageny, and atari will contact me? better work on that :sleep:

Good morning all; I am having an issue with what seems to be a video or general game stability. I have owned and played the game for a couple of years now on a PC and never had an issue. I now have a Macintosh Laptop OS is Leopard 10.5.7; Processor is 2.93 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory is 4gb 1067Mhz DDR3; Video is a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M PCI and I am running Parallels Windows XP Virtual as well. I have downloaded all of the necessary patches and drivers needed. I can install the game, view the intro and even see the beginning stages of the game itself, but I am unable to actually play the game, it seems as if the video itself will not allow any action. Any thoughts?BTW; I did install the upgrade patch to 1.5 so I am at a lose. Should I just try and run 1.4 or do you not think that it will work properly in this Mac environment. I am able to run PC based only AutoCad and 3D programs with no issues, that is why I am a little confused with this. Thank you for your time. :hmmm:

Zatarga said:
Good morning all; I am having an issue with what seems to be a video or general game stability. I have owned and played the game for a couple of years now on a PC and never had an issue. I now have a Macintosh Laptop OS is Leopard 10.5.7; Processor is 2.93 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory is 4gb 1067Mhz DDR3; Video is a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M PCI and I am running Parallels Windows XP Virtual as well. I have downloaded all of the necessary patches and drivers needed. I can install the game, view the intro and even see the beginning stages of the game itself, but I am unable to actually play the game, it seems as if the video itself will not allow any action. Any thoughts?BTW; I did install the upgrade patch to 1.5 so I am at a lose. Should I just try and run 1.4 or do you not think that it will work properly in this Mac environment. I am able to run PC based only AutoCad and 3D programs with no issues, that is why I am a little confused with this. Thank you for your time. :hmmm:
[move] :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[[/move]

Zatarga said:
Good morning all; I am having an issue with what seems to be a video or general game stability. I have owned and played the game for a couple of years now on a PC and never had an issue. I now have a Macintosh Laptop OS is Leopard 10.5.7; Processor is 2.93 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory is 4gb 1067Mhz DDR3; Video is a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M PCI and I am running Parallels Windows XP Virtual as well. I have downloaded all of the necessary patches and drivers needed. I can install the game, view the intro and even see the beginning stages of the game itself, but I am unable to actually play the game, it seems as if the video itself will not allow any action. Any thoughts?
VirtualPC does not provide the necessary functions but BootCamp does( VMWare Fusion or Virtualbox could work but i can't vouch for them )

Well when I stated Virtual PC, I did not actually mean the VPC program, I am actually running Parallels Desktop Mac 4.0 (build vers. 4.0.3844) thee odd thing is that it seems to want to work, but it is the video that is not playing smoothly. Thanks

Zatarga said:
Well when I stated Virtual PC, I did not actually mean the VPC program, I am actually running Parallels Desktop Mac 4.0 (build vers. 4.0.3844) thee odd thing is that it seems to want to work, but it is the video that is not playing smoothly. Thanks
ok...Parallels...BUT what i've said still is validget BootCamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom