The Witcher – over 600,000 copies sold!

+
By the way, there's another thing they might announce:http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Graphic_novelsMaybe it's about worldwide release of the new Witcher graphic novels?

Brysiu said:
Unfortunately I can’t reveal anything further at this time, but I assure you that we won’t rest on our laurels and we have very promising plans for the future.”
Then let's start with do not persist with the same mistakes.E.G. when someone will have the idea to cut off the original dialogues and replace them with a shorter (adn retarded) version so you can save a few bucks on the voiceover, please trow him out of the window.(and in the meantime you can teach the Geralt "english voice" that no one will kill him if he tries to get out of that unprofessional monotone voice and learns to act a little more)

;D Hope they reach their expected sales quota within the time frame and get started with a new game so that we can all play more PC games. Anyway, congrats goes to CDprojekt and their Dev team, for a job well done.

congratulations to Projekt Red, and I can't wait!!!! Most impressive results, but then again, considering the quality of the work, not at all surprising results. :)

Ausir said:
By the way, there's another thing they might announce:http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Graphic_novelsMaybe it's about worldwide release of the new Witcher graphic novels?
Don't think so because the wiki article has no confirmation that the new comic edition will be translated in English. If it's really in the works I guess we had already more examples of drawings as it was a looong time ago int the news.Two unknown projects could be an addon or/and TW for 360. Otherwise the job offers for 360 programmers make no sense to me... just for fun or entertainment talking to 360 xbox applicants? ;D

I hope and think it is an add on since a port would take much longer to make since they havent done any other console titles. Then again maybe we are hoping too much and it is a big extension or something.

I doubt very much it will be a console release... not without being nerfed.Expantion sounds more than likely. Sequel IMHO is way off the mark, the engine still needs tweeking - Unless thats what they have been upto, since there is lack of a much needed 1.3 patch to finish things off,

ugh, now I'm counting hours till 18th :dead:I love suprises but I hate waiting for them :(

I'm really not expecting a sequel for at least until near Halloween 2010 or 2011. Its a hell of a lot of work, making a game, particularly when it has to be good enough to meet the high expectations that The Witcher 1 created. And there's plenty of room for expansions, mods, and the like in the current game... half the map is uncharted "here there be monsters" terrain. And it hasn't been that long since the game came out, so I don't have my hopes up yet for an expansion pack. On the other hand, I could EASILY see Feb 18th being the release of, OMG, OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE. A t-shirt, maybe even a couple designs. Jewelry. A Geralt action figure (I would DEFINITELY BUY THAT). Or official swords????? I already have a bastard sword, but a witcher silver sword would be very cool....especially with runes etched on it....

What impact does it have on the author "Andrzej Sapkowski " and his books? Can we expect a new movie about "Geralt" and his adventures? That would be great. :)....and about the great sales results of "The Witcher" worldwide. CDPR - you made a fantastic work in the past. Congratulations. :beer:

Starwolf said:
And there's plenty of room for expansions, mods, and the like in the current game... half the map is uncharted "here there be monsters" terrain..
Lots of unanswered questions as well... the cult of the Lionhead Spider for instance o_O Abigail cursed Geralt at the end of Act if he forsakes her. Okay... she was angry ;D But why the heck are the Lionhead worhsiper attack Geralt when he entered their crypt? Okay, the religion is forbidden. It looks like sth unfinished in Act 2 ]:->

Starwolf said:
I'm really not expecting a sequel for at least until near Halloween 2010 or 2011. Its a hell of a lot of work, making a game, particularly when it has to be good enough to meet the high expectations that The Witcher 1 created. And there's plenty of room for expansions, mods, and the like in the current game... half the map is uncharted "here there be monsters" terrain. And it hasn't been that long since the game came out, so I don't have my hopes up yet for an expansion pack. On the other hand, I could EASILY see Feb 18th being the release of, OMG, OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE. A t-shirt, maybe even a couple designs. Jewelry. A Geralt action figure (I would DEFINITELY BUY THAT). Or official swords????? I already have a bastard sword, but a witcher silver sword would be very cool....especially with runes etched on it....
There already is official merchandise sold in Poland (t-shirts, Geralt action figure, mousepads, medallions, dice), so it's not the "big surprise".
Starwolf said:
What impact does it have on the author "Andrzej Sapkowski " and his books? Can we expect a new movie about "Geralt" and his adventures? That would be great. :)
Well, the game certainly boosted the sales of the books and helped find publishers for them in the US and UK (and hopefully in more and more countries).

600.000 is a lot, but I'm proud to be having one of them ;DI hope the big surprise will be a expansion of some kind, I really like this game and would love to have even more of it!

501105 said:
Only 1 more day till we will find out ;D
Its 11:30am, morning of the 18th fo feb..I'm still waiting for this "Big Announcement.". I'm feeing slightly abused, I may have to shower.

The conference announce The Witcher Special Edition:http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=22904

http://www.gry-online.pl/S013.asp?ID=39534 (in polish)There will be a new special edition of The Wither in May (16.05.) with two new scenary - one prequel to the game, second about Dendalion and with editor Dinji + CD with music and some gadgets. This scenaries will be for free for The Witcher owners too (download from this page).

Ausir said:
The conference announce The Witcher Special Edition:http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=22904
Is that it? I must say I'm very unimpressed. I already have "TW: Special Edition". The only difference is I don't have the friench mustard editor, which i'll probably dowload anyway.Hardly a "special Anouncement" is it... :-\

Top Bottom