The Witcher Patch 1.5 problems and solutions

+
I currently have version 1.5.0.1304, the game runs fine but my problem is that it still requires the disk to start the game. I thought that wasn't the case anymore? I have to leave Tages on my PC as X3 - Terran Conflict also uses it afaik, but that shouldn't enforce me to still use the disk or?

Threesixtyci said:
I have already done a dxdiag attachment. ...but never got a response from it. (didn't get a download count from it either....)
14 March 2009, 09:28:57...i should of remembered that, right? ? ? :evil: maybe attach a recent one :panyway, yep, dual core, can you post the dates of your MSS32.DLL and BINKW.DLL files?or you can try to overwrite the file thewitcher/system/miles/mss32.dll with the one from the thewitcher/system folder ( as the file from the miles folder is not updated )
Threesixtyci said:
I currently have version 1.5.0.1304, the game runs fine but my problem is that it still requires the disk to start the game. I thought that wasn't the case anymore? I have to leave Tages on my PC as X3 - Terran Conflict also uses it afaik, but that shouldn't enforce me to still use the disk or?
do rename or move the file tagesonline.exe or whatever is that called from the witcher/system folderwhat game version did you have? original + EE + patch 1.5 or EE + patch 1.5 ?

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
do rename or move the file tagesonline.exe or whatever is that called from the witcher/system folderwhat game version did you have? original + EE + patch 1.5 or EE + patch 1.5 ?
I have EE + 1.5. I renamed the TagesClient.exe, it still asks for the Disk but when I click on "Forward" it starts the game. Not exactly what I expected, but good enough. ;)

As requested I have attached the PCWizard Scan. SLi Properly scales in Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Crysis, Fallout 3, and 3DMark Vantage. So I am not sure why It is reported disabled. Maybe because desktop runs single GPU mode?...Anyway here is the file. Hope it helps. Still unplayable at my end, but then again nothing has changed. Still scratching my head on how it says games for windows all over the box and doesnt run on OpenAL platform. Think of all the issues that would have resolved. :peace:

Hi everyone,i've been having exactly the same problem as Threesixtyci - The Bink-Sound in The witcht worked upt to SE/1.4 - stopped working with the hotfix - and the same happened with v1.5.It seems however that i've found a solution - at least for me.Even though RAD strongly recommends NOT to do so, i've tried several versions of the bink.dll i found on my system - after about 10 i found one that wasn't only working with the witcher, but even fixed the problem (at least for me).The version that worked for me is 1.9.1.0. Since I don't know if i'm allowed to post the dll here, i won't - if a mod is reading this: Am i allowed to do so? - or even better - could you provide me/us with another version that might work AND is officially supported?Anyone else: Please PM me, if you want to try it - at your own risk though.Can anyone tell me which dll-version the 1.4 is using? - i don't want to do the whole installation again, since it literally takes hours!cheers,tgfmfc

tgfmfc said:
The version that worked for me is 1.9.1.0. Since I don't know if i'm allowed to post the dll here, i won't - if a mod is reading this: Am i allowed to do so? - or even better - could you provide me/us with another version that might work AND is officially supported?
you can PM me the link
tgfmfc said:
As requested I have attached the PCWizard Scan. SLi Properly scales in Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Crysis, Fallout 3, and 3DMark Vantage. So I am not sure why It is reported disabled. Maybe because desktop runs single GPU mode?...Anyway here is the file. Hope it helps. Still unplayable at my end, but then again nothing has changed. Still scratching my head on how it says games for windows all over the box and doesnt run on OpenAL platform. Think of all the issues that would have resolved. :peace:
you have ALchemy too? what settings ? does it detect The Witcher by itself?

Righthooks said:
you have ALchemy too? what settings ? does it detect The Witcher by itself?[/QUOTE]Yes it detects "The Witcher" and adds the sounds files required to the directory. This tactic has been tried with/without ALchemy assistance. Settings are as follows. I have tried both 4 and 5 buffer niether aided crash. Duration is set to 25. Maximum Voice Count 128. As I use X-Fi Titanium Fatality PCIe voice count ranges to 128. Although lowering this to 64 has had no effect on crash. Identical issue without the use of ALchemy. /shrug need patch

I updated The Witcher to patch 1.5,then I try to download the hotfix to Windows Vista.But when the WGA was about to be installed,the computer locks down and I have to restart the computer.I wonder if it is because my Windows is not original.Will I have any problems with patch 1.5 without the hotfix?I am using Windows Vista Ultimate x64.

Righthooks said:
shrug need patch
see PM
Righthooks said:
I updated The Witcher to patch 1.5,then I try to download the hotfix to Windows Vista.But when the WGA was about to be installed,the computer locks down and I have to restart the computer.I wonder if it is because my Windows is not original.Will I have any problems with patch 1.5 without the hotfix?I am using Windows Vista Ultimate x64.
as the patch 1.5 notes say: the eax/blur fixes contained by the hotfix are included in patch 1.5, so you don't need the hotfix anymorethe WGA warnings/shutdowns are from Microsoft... that's your business ;)

Licaon, I have sent you a private message regarding the ongoing technical issue. Please respond at earliest convenience. Thank you.

DrizztDoUrden said:
Attached PCWIZARD analysis
get the latest nVidia driver for you: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_186.18_whql.htmlupdate to patch 1.5, read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0reattach the new errlog if it still crashes

Righthooks said:
Licaon, I have sent you a private message regarding the ongoing technical issue. Please respond at earliest convince. Thank you.
you got PM'ed backin other news patch 1.5 breaks game running in Linux under WINE...yay :wall:, the game crashes before the intro movie...seams related somehow...eh.../LE:looks like skipping the main intro movie starts the game ok in Linuxyou need to put my attached Movies.lua in /The Witcher/Data/Scripts folder ( do backup the old Movies.lua file first )

I just bought the game today, the Enhanced Edition. I installed it then downloaded and installed the 1.5 patch. I click to launch the game and nothing happens. I've already tried everything listed here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.msg484889#msg484889 The game still won't start. I get a "The Witcher has stopped working" windows message and have to 'close the program'. I haven't yet been able to even start the game. Any help would be greatly appreciated!* Attached full DxDiag info, error log text, and PC Wizard scan.

meronine said:
I don't know anything about PC Wizard, though. I installed it, but I don't know what's needed, if someone could let me know I'll do my best to provide more information..
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )

meronine said:
Thank you Licaon_Kter for your help. Here's the file.
get the latest DirectX: http://downloads.guru3d.com/DirectX-End-User-Runtimes-(March-2009)-download-1943.htmlget the latest ATI driver: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.36.3.1&lang=English&rev=9.6&ostype=Windows%20Vista%20-%2064-Bit%20Edition@all: did anyone test my movies.lua thinghie ?and another thing, Vista users did you also tryed without Compatibility and without Admin too?

LicaonKter said:
get the latest DirectX: http://downloads.guru3d.com/DirectX-End-User-Runtimes-(March-2009)-download-1943.htmlget the latest ATI driver: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.36.3.1&lang=English&rev=9.6&ostype=Windows%20Vista%20-%2064-Bit%20Edition
I already have the latest DirectX and video driver.. :

Top Bottom