The Witcher Patch 1.5 problems and solutions

+
I just received the physical Enhanced Edition for my birthday and am trying to work fully patched up before I start. I heard the 1.5 was the latest patch so I downloaded it but it says it cannot identify the installed version. I tried to get fully up to date via the Gog back-up copy but the Gog Downloader won't work (it crashes constantly so I uninstalled it but can't find the disparate files to fully uninstall - I uninstalled via uninstall a programme on control panel) and I can't find the right folder in which to save the bin files to download it separately.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm running Windows 7

Hey guys, thought you might be able to help me.

Have some performance issues with TW1 - EE. Currently Let's Playing the game recording with Fraps and playing the game through Steam. I already checked the "run as admin" as well as the "compatibility mode win XP" boxes of the application within the steam folder, I toned down shadow quality and AA and I tried to reduce every processor-heavy application I might have been running.

I am using my old PC currently because my new one still needs a few weeks to be ready. Basic Specs are:

Intel Core 2 Quad 2,33 Ghz
Geforce 9800 GT
8GB Ram
Windows 7 x64

Anything I can do to improve performance.
I know there is a texture mod and I downloaded it, but I am not sure if the mod will not just increase my problems.

Problems are occasional sudden framrate drops and a constant framrate of only 28 - 35 FPS while recording (I get 40 FPS+ on games that are half as old).
I guess it's a CPU issue but I thought you guys might have some advise. Thanks in advance.

windows 10 dx9 error

please help me out. trying to run the gog digital version.of enhanced edition directors cut. I'm fairly sure I have drivers up to date. I installed it using gog galaxy, idk if that makes a difference or not.

have not tried to delete & reinstall it, but checked / verified the files & such.

I finally buy a pc with beefy enough specs to run this game decently like & it keeps crashing with error "cant find d3dx9_35.dll" on the splash screen.

ive gotten this to run on xp, vista, & even windows 7, but not 10.

*sigh* windows 10. I was afraid of problems.

I tried installing Microsoft dx9 & it wont let me, saying its not compatible with anything passed windows 8.

just dropped a lot of coin on this laptop & I'm gonna be sick if I cant get this to run here.

please help, cant seem to find an answer after researching this for an hour or two. thanks.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    81.1 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Played through Witcher EE a few times before without issue, but this time trying to go back through it I've run into a problem - trying to enter the Swamp tower in CH 3, I either get an error message that my "module version" doesn't match up *or* the game CTDs when trying to load into the tower. It depends on which savegame I try to load. Is there a simple fix for this? I'd be fine with restarting from much further back but it'd be rather irritating to find the same problem again after backing up 2+ hours.

So far what I've done:
- Disable auto-saves
- Disable Steam Community in game
- Verify integrity of the game cache on Steam
- Uninstall and reinstall game
- Loading from older saves - so far I've only gone about 30-40 minutes into the past but could try going back further.

I'm assuming something has corrupted in the save file itself?

I'm running windows 7 - game runs fine (and has run fine for several play throughs).

windows 10 dx9 error

please help me out. trying to run the gog digital version.of enhanced edition directors cut. I'm fairly sure I have drivers up to date. I installed it using gog galaxy, idk if that makes a difference or not.

have not tried to delete & reinstall it, but checked / verified the files & such.

I finally buy a pc with beefy enough specs to run this game decently like & it keeps crashing with error "cant find d3dx9_35.dll" on the splash screen.

ive gotten this to run on xp, vista, & even windows 7, but not 10.

*sigh* windows 10. I was afraid of problems.

I tried installing Microsoft dx9 & it wont let me, saying its not compatible with anything passed windows 8.

just dropped a lot of coin on this laptop & I'm gonna be sick if I cant get this to run here.

please help, cant seem to find an answer after researching this for an hour or two. thanks.
Are you running "sweet Effects" ? i had the same problem, till I used the directX web installer. if not, use the web update anyway. or do what Miziel said

Top Bottom