The Witcher Patch 1.5 problems and solutions

+
The Witcher Patch 1.5 problems and solutions

Download Patch 1.5 from here: http://www.sciagnij.pl/programy/p/Wiedźmin_Edycja_Rozszerzona_Patch/8902Mirror1@filebox.roMirror2@computergames.roMirror3@actiontrip.comMirror4@worthplaying.comMirror5@patches-scrolls.deThe Witcher Patch focuses mainly on removing troublesome DRM, allowing you to play the game without the disc, while providing additional hours of fun thanks to new adventures created by the fan community.The Witcher Patch is the next stage of The Witcher's life, and is also a means of expressing our thanks to the modding community for their hard work ion creating the adventures. The update will also be included in forthcoming The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut; more info on that product will be released shortly. Patch 1.5 features:Modifications: - copy securities (DRM) are removed - playing the game no longer requires the game disc in the drive - patch solves problems with EAX and blur. Additionally: 5 additional adventures made by the Witcher community: 'Deceits', 'Blight of the Bogs', 'Wraiths of Quiet Hamlet', 'Wedding', 'Merry Witchmas'. New community adventures are available in English only! In order to install patch 1.5 correctly, you should have original Witcher game upgraded to 1.4 (enhanced edition). It can be found here: THE WITCHER (Wiedźmin)- ENHANCED EDITION UPGRADE_____________________________________________________________________________It will run before patch but afterwards it will not start. I've attached the error log. Please halp!Can someone please help? I really want to enjoy this gameI installed the EA hotfix and have even tried disabling audio acceleration.[MOD]ATTACH not paste[/MOD]

megatronium said:
It will run before patch but afterwards it will not start. I've attached the error log. Please halp!Can someone please help? I really want to enjoy this gameI installed the EA hotfix and have even tried disabling audio acceleration.
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )

If I started to play it already with 1.4 patch will it continue to play where I last saved the game when I upgrade to 1.5 patch?

wickerman666 said:
If I started to play it already with 1.4 patch will it continue to play where I last saved the game when I upgrade to 1.5 patch?
See here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=24449.msg526139#msg526139This isn't an official pronouncement by a RED, but it's the best guess of our main technical volunteer.

I am having the same issue. It attempts to start (the screen turns black), then i receive an error "The witcher has encountered a problem and needs to close". I have attached my pc information. The error signature is: AppVer: 1.4.5.1282 ModName: mss32.dll ModVer: 7.0.20.0 offset: 0001438fThanks for any assistance!

OOPS! I forgot to include the error report :whistle:Thanks again!/update: The HOTFIX solved my issue! YAY! ;D[MOD]Use the MODIFY button[/MOD]

Download Patch 1.5 from here: http://www.sciagnij.pl/programy/p/Wiedźmin_Edycja_Rozszerzona_Patch/8902Mirror1@filebox.roMirror2@computergames.roMirror3@actiontrip.comMirror4@worthplaying.comMirror5@patches-scrolls.deThe Witcher Patch focuses mainly on removing troublesome DRM, allowing you to play the game without the disc, while providing additional hours of fun thanks to new adventures created by the fan community.The Witcher Patch is the next stage of The Witcher's life, and is also a means of expressing our thanks to the modding community for their hard work ion creating the adventures. The update will also be included in forthcoming The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut; more info on that product will be released shortly. Patch 1.5 features:Modifications: - copy securities (DRM) are removed - playing the game no longer requires the game disc in the drive - patch solves problems with EAX and blur. Additionally: 5 additional adventures made by the Witcher community: 'Deceits', 'Blight of the Bogs', 'Wraiths of Quiet Hamlet', 'Wedding', 'Merry Witchmas'. New community adventures are available in English only! In order to install patch 1.5 correctly, you should have original Witcher game upgraded to 1.4 (enhanced edition). It can be found here: THE WITCHER (Wiedźmin)- ENHANCED EDITION UPGRADE

When i run the patch i get the following error:>SetupNew\setup.cpp (135)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows Vista Service pack 2 (6002) IE 8.06001.18702Any ideas how to get this working?

TristanBrown82 said:
When i run the patch i get the following error:>SetupNew\setup.cpp (135)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows Vista Service pack 2 (6002) IE 8.06001.18702Any ideas how to get this working?
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 ( and see the patch tips there ) and do detail what you've already tried and what happened

After applying the patch to a digital download version of the game purchased directly from Atari (i.e. not Steam or Direct2Drive), I appear to be missing one of the additional adventures that was supposed to be included with the patch. All but 'Blight of the Bogs' appears to have been installed, any ideas?BTW - Yes, I know I could just download the add-on separately, but since it was supposed to be included with the patch already, it seems that something might need to be fixed, either with the patch or something on my end.

Crash directly after launch intro movies. With strange graphic artifacts around cursor and left side of screen. Enhanced Edition fresh install and current built 1.5. Vista 64 SP2. Current NVIDIA Drivers 186.18. Crash occurs prior to main menu display. Also current Creative Driver for X-Fi Titanium Fatality edition sound card. No issues with other current titles. Resolution is 2560x1600 16:10. Attempted all listed Vista work arounds. Please address as this title has never ran without hitches for me and I own both original North American title as well as Enhanced Edition. Both retail. Never made it past the launching issues, and have remained loyal for newer patches. -Hooks

I have nearly the exact same problem as Righthooks. I'm using an Nvidia GForce 8800 GT at 1680x1050. Crashes either during intro movie or during introductory cut scene with moderate graphical artifacting across the screen. I've also never had a problem up to this point. Additionally, the intro has experienced some odd stuttering and sound desynchs that affect it's quality. I am using Vista 64x with all the latest SPs and updates with the Original Edition patched to EE and then 1.5.EDIT: I have attached the PC Wizard info as requested, hopefully we can figure this out..

I got the patch downloaded just fine. All of the new adventures installed and run perfectly. However, I still need the disc to play. On the task bar it says that it's still v1.4. Any help would be great.

Nightkind said:
I got the patch downloaded just fine. All of the new adventures installed and run perfectly. However, I still need the disc to play. On the task bar it says that it's still v1.4. Any help would be great.
1.4.5.1304...yes that's the patch 1.5did you uninstall TAGES too?what game version? ( original + patch or Enhanced Edition )
Nightkind said:
I have nearly the exact same problem as Righthooks. I'm using an Nvidia GForce 8800 GT at 1680x1050. Crashes either during intro movie or during introductory cut scene with moderate graphical artifacting across the screen. I've also never had a problem up to this point. Additionally, the intro has experienced some odd stuttering and sound desynchs that affect it's quality. I am using Vista 64x with all the latest SPs and updates with the Original Edition patched to EE and then 1.5.
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed )
Nightkind said:
Crash directly after launch intro movies. With strange graphic artifacts around cursor and left side of screen. Enhanced Edition fresh install and current built 1.5. Vista 64 SP2. Current NVIDIA Drivers 186.18. Crash occurs prior to main menu display. Also current Creative Driver for X-Fi Titanium Fatality edition sound card. No issues with other current titles. Resolution is 2560x1600 16:10. Attempted all listed Vista work arounds. Please address as this title has never ran without hitches for me and I own both original North American title as well as Enhanced Edition. Both retail. Never made it past the launching issues, and have remained loyal for newer patches. -Hooks
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed )

Is the patch compatible with the hotfix? And is it worth the bother, if you have the *orginal* Witcher patched up to 1.4 + the hotifx?

Just patched a cleanly installed copy of the witcher with patch 1.4 first and then 1.5. All installations went well and the new adventures are seen when the game loads. However, while I get music and sound effects in the new adventures just fine, as well as subtitles, no sound of the speech. The origianl game still works fine as well as speech, as well as the previously downloaded adventure "side efects". Very strange as it is only the new adventures that came with patch 1.5 that do not have speech. Anyone else have this probelm?

Top Bottom