The Witcher rated "Great" at GameSpot

+
The Witcher rated "Great" at GameSpot

After a series of great notes, the time has come for another review published in one of the biggest American gaming website - GameSpot.com. GameSpot has rated our game a very high "8.5 - Great", describing it as an awesome RPG and “one of the most engrossing, mature RPGs to arrive on the PC in years”. Coming along with another very high note of another renowned gaming website IGN (8.5 + editor’s choice award) we can say, our game has gained a huge recognition among the greatest gaming websites around the world.Some GameSpot quotes below:"New battle mechanics, a fantastic storyline, and a gritty setting make The Witcher one of the most engrossing, mature RPGs to arrive on the PC in years.""Once you experience a grimy medieval world so realistic that you can practically smell it, quests that reject simplistic good and evil for ambiguous "decisions and consequences," and, yes, newfangled battle mechanics that add welcome twists to left-click scrapping, you'll find it awfully hard to go back to the usual D&D rip-off."

Seems like a fair enough score, but I don't really see how they can complain on cheesy voice acting. Thought the actors did a very good job for the majority of the characters.also: "on the medium difficulty setting there is no obvious visual feedback to indicate when to click again to link a second attack to your first." He lists as a major complaint.That's factually wrong. I got that flaming sword indicator and I played on medium.

It's good to see both this and the IGN review. I was expecting, like most European games, for it to get good scores in their home region, and a 6 or 7 on the mainstream american sites. It's also good to point out that their biggest complaint with the translation issues, which isn't really the developer's fault.

......m, a game in foreign countries with a score 8.5, it means the game's real score is 9.0+.... ;)in other words, the witcher is a game that deserves a gold award...I am still waiting the game release in far east Taiwan... ;)

Good to hear, the game deserves all the praise it gets! About time we had something like this instead of the usual run-of-the-mill D&D fantasy clickfest clones.

Top Bottom