The Witcher Remake is in development!

+
I've been waiting for this day since rise of the white wolf was announced but I didn't think it would happen when I'm still alive lol. I'm more than happy to experience this game once again in different, modern from. My favorite Witcher game being remade is something I didn't think I live through.

Hi, amazing news, can't wait to see something with the new engine. I have one doubt, have you planed to include Spanish as an elegible language?

Please, for the love of all that is holy/unholy (delete as applicable) don't 'reimagine' it to be First Person Perspective. I am still unable to play Cyberthingy due to motion sickness, please don't ruin the Witcher series in the same fashion.
I think it'll never happen whatever the "Witcher" game. Witcher IP was, is, and will be designed around third person view anyway.
And as @Andrew_Waples said, it's a "remake", so CDPR won't "reimagine" anything in my opinion :)

Definitely a fantastic news!

Even the story seems great I never succeded to finish W1 because of his peculiair gameplay.

With UE5 this will be smoething different!

In Mafia games players collected playboy magazines and that somehow was never a problem. Sex scenes in Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk were cringe worthy. Those cards were actually very tasteful in comparison.

In Mafia games players collected playboy magazines and that somehow was never a problem. Sex scenes in Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk were cringe worthy. Those cards were actually very tasteful in comparison.
I actually thought TW3 sex scenes were quite well done.

Considering they dropped support for ps4 and Xbox One for Cyberpunk. I take it that applies to all their games moving forward. Now, who knows how long dev will take. There is a good chance that by the time this comes the ps6 and next gen Xbox could be out, coming out or announced.
I doubt development will take as long as in the past because with Witcher 2 & 3 and Cyberpunk they also had to develop a game engine in parallel with the game itself and that takes as many or more man hours. Pre-development used to include making a game engine before you could even start development, now pre-development means a one time having to learn a new game engine that's already finished and stable. Also during the development of Cyberpunk they had to convert there DX11 game engine to DX12 which likely held up game development itself by months even over a year just waiting for the newer game engine to actually be useable. Now if Microsoft comes out with a new DX13 it's up to Epic to do the conversions and I doubt there will be as big of a version change as we saw with DX11 to DX12 which are radically different at the core level (shader pipelines, CPU, GPU and memory handling, etc.)

I doubt development will take as long as in the past because with Witcher 2 & 3 and Cyberpunk they also had to develop a game engine in parallel with the game itself and that takes as many or more man hours. Pre-development used to include making a game engine before you could even start development, now pre-development means a one time having to learn a new game engine that's already finished and stable. Also during the development of Cyberpunk they had to convert there DX11 game engine to DX12 which likely held up game development itself by months even over a year just waiting for the newer game engine to actually be useable. Now if Microsoft comes out with a new DX13 it's up to Epic to do the conversions and I doubt there will be as big of a version change as we saw with DX11 to DX12 which are radically different at the core level (shader pipelines, CPU, GPU and memory handling, etc.)

I hope so. I think part of the Cyberpunk's problem, is that CDPR had to many consoles to consider.

What exactly is a remake? New game from scratch with new voice actors, music and etc. or it's a remaster of the first game reusing existing VA and music?
Yes, I wonder the same thing. It would be nice to have a general outline of what they have planned. A big open world like TW3, but centered around TW1 story, or a collection of maps that give an illusion of a semi-open world? Have the same actors signed on for a remake, or is there some other plan? Surely they aren't going to try to re-use the existing TW1 audio, are they? Potions, signs, and so forth in TW1 style, or TW3 style?

There are a bunch of questions like that hanging between me and getting excited about the remake.

Top Bottom