THE WITCHER REMASTER PROJECT

+
Raymond Maarloeve version Beta ;)
raymond.jpg

It took me 3 days to make models of dishes, plates and table. Food models had to be arranged by hand, some parts of the models and textures did not display properly, each model had to be tested 5 times, excluding Djinni to load new textures, there are a lot of such small things that you have to deal with while working or make work difficult. There are still some cosmetic treatments on the textures and I have to make new models of dishes and tableware on the second table :p

witcher_2021_01_04_03_04_21_146.jpg

A scene from Wine Festival in Toussaint. A bit "optimized", but I will introduce some tweaks.
141735390_219554349872632_3633107135360975496_o.jpg

Post automatically merged:

Soon, a bundle of swords from The Witcher 2 and 3 in beta will be available. I still have a few technical issues to deal with.
witcher_2021_01_24_22_01_07_782.png

Already 300 people liked my Facebook page and not so long ago I reached 100 Red Points, so this should be celebrated, so I prepared a roasted pig for you.

While searching for the table model, I found many models from The Witcher 1 in The Witcher 2 files, although I never really noticed them in the game. The models have the same structure, but are decorated with better textures.

Of course, I converted table to W1, you can see tables comparison together with my culinary masterpiece. 😉

P.S. Maybe soon I will publish some tricks on the Witcher Wiki that I observed when converting models to work properly in Witcher 1.

1613428295450.png

1613428307635.png

1613428321440.png

Yummy, nice work! And cool that you also noticed the reuse of assets in the Witcher 2. CDPR often reused assets form games before/ upgraded them a little bit in the witcher series.
Its original and not oryginal or is this a cool witchery way for typing original? :D

Greetings
Nemo

I will make a few more models for the so-called "poor" taverns and I will give you a package with models that you can test yourself.

witcher_2021_04_05_02_15_05_616.jpg
🐰🐰🐰

Barrels Update

witcher_2021_04_05_23_54_59_919.jpg

Last edited:
The barrel rack looks more meager, but I think it fits better as a general model that occurs in affluent and poor locations.

witcher_2021_05_06_01_30_09_448.jpg

Ceádmil, evelienn!

I've been a bit busy lately and couldn't work on the project. Today I remembered how hard it is to tap the keyboard and mouse several hundred times.

An old... new friend will help the witchers from Kaer Morhen train today.

P.S. I put a curiosity on new model that is not visible in this shot.
witcher_2021_08_07_01_56_02_854.jpg

It's been 14 years now, and my adventure with the first part started just a few years ago. What can I say, great plot, iconic lyrics, dubbing, music and atmosphere.

Ceadmil, I've been away for a long time, you know, work and a lot of active hobbies are cleverly distracting me from the computer screen, but sometimes I can sit down for an hour or two, but that's not much for my work.

The movement on the modding scene has moved a bit before winter, so I will start working with it and mine more and more on my and other projects on which I work. So wait for the description of the progress and materials from my work.

In the meantime, I recommend watching The Witcher: Wesele, Maskarada (the guys work really hard), maybe you will be interested in some post soon. ;)

Below is my 5-minute work in Photoshop at the end of one of my sessions in Djinni and 3ds Max:
1920x108080002983-1633655108-1.jpg

Ceadmil, here is the new wine rack. I know that the model does not work well when we want to assemble a larger stand from two smaller ones, but these are the location settings, I will deal with it later ;)

witcher_2021_11_21_03_11_45_915.jpg

Beer barrel :beer:

witcher_2021_11_21_22_16_12_266.jpg

Last edited:
Sup mate, great work! I have a question, I was thinking about some side project and I get an idea but I dont know if its possible so Im looking for answers :D Could you tell me if there is possibility to export W1 all maps that I could open them in 3rd party software? My plan is to toy around with it, remodel whole map and put it to UE5 for animation and cinematic purposes so not a game :D

Sup mate, great work! I have a question, I was thinking about some side project and I get an idea but I dont know if its possible so Im looking for answers :D Could you tell me if there is possibility to export W1 all maps that I could open them in 3rd party software? My plan is to toy around with it, remodel whole map and put it to UE5 for animation and cinematic purposes so not a game :D
Yes it is possible.

I was gone a bit again 🙃 What have I been doing during this time? Among other things, I was completing the equipment for my creative needs, I came up with a few ideas for mods with higher resolution textures and tested myself creating my own RPG in Unreal Engine 5.

While I have fairly modern gaming equipment, it is not very suitable for work in UE5 and machine learning. That's why I put together a monster it is a real relic of the past (2x Xeon L5640, 48GB RAM and Tesla K80), but it is perfect for working with UE5 and machine learning and it is a very economical set in terms of price / performance.

You should see the effects of work on the above set soon, it is mainly about mods with higher resolution textures, for which I use machine learning. There will be two new innovations, i.e. normal and specular maps in higher resolution. The main idea is to get the best illusion of bumps on the model to make them look at least like those from W3 and get the HBAO effect when we enable SSAO in the game.

Recently, I also made a breakthrough in modding W1 thanks to the 3rd set, which I made especially for the well-known Windows XP, it is about editing the location, it turns out that the plugin to "paint" the navigation geometry (the terrain on which the player and NPCs move) only works correctly on XP. This will make it easier for me to work on one project where I just needed a model that can be walked on without editing the entire location in 3ds Max. I also hope that other things that haven't worked so far or that have caused frequent bugs will start working properly.

I am also working on one small project that you should like, but so far I can't reveal the details 😉

P.S. I still don't want to believe that CDPR has announced work on the next "The Witcher" and they have also switched to UE5 😲

Top Bottom