The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf Announced

+
The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf Announced

Geralt Slashing His Way to Consoles in Fall 2009For more information about The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf - http://become.thewitcher.com .About CD Projekt REDCD Projekt RED is the development branch of CD Projekt, headquartered in Warsaw, Poland. The studio’s first release, the PC-exclusive role-playing game, The Witcher®, has won over critics and gamers with its refreshing blend of engrossing story and action-based combat. The game has sold more than one million copies worldwide and has garnered more than 100 awards since its release in October 2007, including PC RPG of the Year from such respected outlets as PC Gamer, GameSpy, IGN and GameStar. CD Projekt RED’s 80+ employees recently completed The Witcher: Enhanced Edition in September 2008, and are hard at work on the console remake, The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf, as well as two unannounced projects. For more information about CD Projekt RED, visit http://www.thewitcher.com.About Infogrames Entertainment and Atari:The Infogrames group, including the Atari brand, is a global producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment software for all market segments and all interactive game platforms including consoles from Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony Computer Entertainment, advanced smartphones, Personal Computers, web and online. Its games are sold in more than 60 countries through an international distribution network and direct to consumers via www.atari.com. Atari’s extensive catalogue of popular games is based on original franchises (Alone in the Dark, Test Drive, V-Rally, My Horse & Me, Backyard Sports franchise, Total Annihilation, Outcast etc.), publishing properties (The Witcher, Legendary, Race Pro etc.), international licenses (Dragon Ball Z, Dungeons & Dragons, Jamie Oliver etc.) and classic games covering the entire history of the video game industry (Pong, Missile Command, Asteroids etc).

It's possible that the DNS needs to refresh a bit. Give it time. In the meantime, you can download the trailer on the community site.

Oh, well. No offense, but this sux :) Dont get me wrong, I am happy that the console players are getting the game, but i also hate it, that they will most likely also get extra content and since I dont own either of the two consoles .... I was hoping for a PC announcement. Maybe next year :D

I still find awkward that you'd tease the community, most of which consists of PC gamers, with a console version announcement.

You should read this carefully as well
“We’re not about to dumb down our games for anyone. We want to give players the best games, regardless of platform,” added Michal Kicinski, co-founder of CD Projekt. “It’s important to us that each game plays to the platform’s strengths while treating our players with respect. That was our development philosophy with The Witcher and it’s our philosophy on all three of the games in development at CD Projekt RED, including Rise of the White Wolf. Anyone concerned that we’re going to somehow offer a shallow RPG or abandon the PC platform simply because we’re working on consoles can stop worrying.”
:)

PetraSilie said:
You should read this carefully as well
“We’re not about to dumb down our games for anyone. We want to give players the best games, regardless of platform,” added Michal Kicinski, co-founder of CD Projekt. “It’s important to us that each game plays to the platform’s strengths while treating our players with respect. That was our development philosophy with The Witcher and it’s our philosophy on all three of the games in development at CD Projekt RED, including Rise of the White Wolf. Anyone concerned that we’re going to somehow offer a shallow RPG or abandon the PC platform simply because we’re working on consoles can stop worrying.”
:)
Well that sorta reassures me but only time will tell.Congratz to the console fellas for being able to enjoy a fantastic game,but will the console version have new content?

Top Bottom