The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf Announced

+
Vardger said:
But you can't just dismiss your purely PC fanbases' concerns, because there are too many examples of the PC platform being left behind as developers move over to consoles, "dumbing down" the game at the same time.[size=10pt]And from yet another female gamer, don't even dare to make a naked Geralt console exclusive.[/size] I mean, I didn't mind the whole sexist approach with the cards and Geralt being able to plow over every female in the game, but it would have been nice to see something else than boobs as well. You know; we female gamers aren't all bisexual or lesbian(as some seem to think). When it is warm enough for several female characters to be naked, then it is certainly warm enough for men not to be completely covered in clothes.Oh. Excluding you from most girls here then DIDI510. :p Hehe. Get your point, but as I show below developers seems to ignore other things that don't make sense to show some breasts. I'm not that interested in seeing pixels without clothes (the real deal is better after all), but I don't like discrimination. ;) I guess it would be a little stupid for Geralt to be fightng without armor, but then it also seems a little stupid for Triss to go up against a powerful mage with her breasts falling out. Yeah, I know she uses magic, but even though armour often gives a penalty to spellcasters, there is nothing that says that female spellcasters must have a certain amount of skin showing to be able to cast spells. Anyway, I'm ranting here. :p[size=10pt]Don't really mind if we didn't get a naked Geralt, just don't make him console exclusive. If we don't get it, they don't get it.[/size]
I WHOLEHEARTLY AGREE WITH THAT ENTRY. I'm glad you allowed us, your PC fans (becaude I doubt any console one would get it at current moment), to download the animation in high res, but still, both games SHOULD have to have the SAME content!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the best move had been to announce The Witcher 2 for all platfomrs, PC and consoles, like for example has happend with Fallout 3, BUT WITHOUT DUMBING DOWN THE GAME!About the dumbing down stuff, I trust you won't dumb any future TW2 too much (note the 'too much') but I also trusted Ion Storm and I'll never forget what they did with DeusEx2.... Don't make me hate you as I hated them ;)(When I posted yesterday I tried to be clam and polite, after reading the whole threat it looks like I was the only one :wall: )

Hey? whats with all the negative comments? seriously what is wrong with you guys?I'm way excited about this, my friend finally gets to play the best GAME/RPG EVER!I got this game, like most of you when or a round when this game came out, and fell captive with the characters and story. So what's wrong with sharing this with people who can't aford or make $2,000 to $3,000 computers. I've upgraded and customized my PC for the better part of the past 7 years so that I could continue playing the latest games. I'm a big PC game fan but I've run out of money for it and to be able to play games with my friend I got an xbox 360. I believe this is a very important game, and there was no way my friend would probably ever get to play it, and This is great cause now he will. And i'll get to play through it again without crappy frame rates, perfect smooth cat like geralt movements. it will be beautiful....

newsletterhttp://www.thewitcher.com/newsletter/en/2008-12.html"Before you PC die-hards throw up your hands in revolt… please remember that RED is still working on two unannounced games. For now, give Rise of the White Wolf a second look, even if you’re nota console gamer. We’re not into dumbing things down in future PC releases… as an example, we’re not even dumbing things down for a console release. We think that all gamers – regardless of platform loyalty – want deep story-driven games, and we’re delivering what we think is the deepest console RPG yet."

I agree. You better announce The Witcher 2 before RotWW or both Tom and Adam will have to convince console gamers they're not abandoning them etc.
Simple truth is we are not abandoning PC players.
Tallart said:
Tallart said:
Tallart said:
It may just be that one developer's opinion regarding the controls, but improved graphics + a lot more animations already sounds good. Then you have the improved enemy aggressiveness, character model updates, so forth and so on.Basically console players will be getting the Enhanced EE. I understand that the devs have learned from the PC version and that the console version would be getting the results of those lessons. The same would also go for an expansion. Unfortunately a lot of factors led to the backlash today.
Understood. One thing that's important to remember is that we're working with an external studio (Widescreen Games) to make the engine -- they actually have more people on the project than we do, because creating the engine is a huge job. All of these new features -- which, as mentioned, are being developed only because it's a console game and we have to play to the console's controls and capabilities -- would not be possible in the PC game because of engine limitations. To port that stuff over to the PC again would mean another huge development cycle... and by that time we should be ready to announce the next game.
Here is my question for you. ( Witch you might not be able not answer yet) could this new game engine on the consoles be the new engine that might be used for TW2 on PC and console's???
I think it is a little bit too early to speak about that :)
Tallart said:
Really dissapointed about this, I believe this is PURE betrayal towards the loyal PC community and CD shows it's face, pure money talk going on now.
As we said many times we are not abandoning PC players. We have 3 projects at development at the same time... hard task but we are doing all we can to bring best quality, simply, best games.I would also want to thank everyone who support us, whatever their platofrm is. We are trying to spread the enthusiasm about The Witcher and simply, as i said many times, make best possible games!

arkray said:
arkray said:
But you can't just dismiss your purely PC fanbases' concerns, because there are too many examples of the PC platform being left behind as developers move over to consoles, "dumbing down" the game at the same time.[size=10pt]And from yet another female gamer, don't even dare to make a naked Geralt console exclusive.[/size] I mean, I didn't mind the whole sexist approach with the cards and Geralt being able to plow over every female in the game, but it would have been nice to see something else than boobs as well. You know; we female gamers aren't all bisexual or lesbian(as some seem to think). When it is warm enough for several female characters to be naked, then it is certainly warm enough for men not to be completely covered in clothes.Oh. Excluding you from most girls here then DIDI510. :p Hehe. Get your point, but as I show below developers seems to ignore other things that don't make sense to show some breasts. I'm not that interested in seeing pixels without clothes (the real deal is better after all), but I don't like discrimination. ;) I guess it would be a little stupid for Geralt to be fightng without armor, but then it also seems a little stupid for Triss to go up against a powerful mage with her breasts falling out. Yeah, I know she uses magic, but even though armour often gives a penalty to spellcasters, there is nothing that says that female spellcasters must have a certain amount of skin showing to be able to cast spells. Anyway, I'm ranting here. :p[size=10pt]Don't really mind if we didn't get a naked Geralt, just don't make him console exclusive. If we don't get it, they don't get it.[/size]
I WHOLEHEARTLY AGREE WITH THAT ENTRY. I'm glad you allowed us, your PC fans (becaude I doubt any console one would get it at current moment), to download the animation in high res, but still, both games SHOULD have to have the SAME content!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the best move had been to announce The Witcher 2 for all platfomrs, PC and consoles, like for example has happend with Fallout 3, BUT WITHOUT DUMBING DOWN THE GAME!About the dumbing down stuff, I trust you won't dumb any future TW2 too much (note the 'too much') but I also trusted Ion Storm and I'll never forget what they did with DeusEx2.... Don't make me hate you as I hated them ;)(When I posted yesterday I tried to be clam and polite, after reading the whole threat it looks like I was the only one :wall: )
Don't worry, Arkray, you are not the only one who is driving mad, when the naked Geralt will be for consoles only. I can not often enough mention this, but have you all seen the Golem running around in the burning Vizima, over in some console-forums here in germany they are talking about new quests in this console game, and when I see this golem I wonder where the golem was in the PC-version....I don't know if this is true, but it seems they will surely get "tons of more features"(from Newsletter) then we got with the EE. And it seems to be pretty sure that they will have the naked Geralt that we always wanted.That's the reason why I not longer believe in CDPR, they are on their best way to be the new EA....

HexenmeisterRaven said:
HexenmeisterRaven said:
HexenmeisterRaven said:
Don't worry, Arkray, you are not the only one who is driving mad, when the naked Geralt will be for consoles only. I can not often enough mention this, but have you all seen the Golem running around in the burning Vizima, over in some console-forums here in germany they are talking about new quests in this console game, and when I see this golem I wonder where the golem was in the PC-version....I don't know if this is true, but it seems they will surely get "tons of more features"(from Newsletter) then we got with the EE. And it seems to be pretty sure that they will have the naked Geralt that we always wanted.That's the reason why I not longer believe in CDPR, they are on their best way to be the new EA....
I would only like to mention that we have not said anything about Geralt retexture.

I am not annoyed by this announcement at all. It seems to me they are releasing RoTWW so that they can build a console fanbase in preparation for TW2 - which i guess will be a simultanious release for PC and the consoles. Sure an updated engine etc.. would be nice for the PC version also, but it's a lot of work for little or no reward.I have a question for the developers regarding combat. Since you are spending time on the combat mechanics for the console release, do you plan on adding the option for 'live' combat into future PC releases? For me the combat in TW was pretty lackluster, but i really loved the overall game because of the story and locations etc.. Personally i like mouse and keyboard controls in a lot of games (especially FPS) but TW is a game that could actually benefit from a well implimented pad control system i think.

JohnTheFisherman said:
Personally i like mouse and keyboard controls in a lot of games (especially FPS) but TW is a game that could actually benefit from a well implimented pad control system i think.
Nu-uh! :dead:

Eriash said:
Eriash said:
Eriash said:
Eriash said:
I would only like to mention that we have not said anything about Geralt retexture.
That is her missunderstand, I think. That is just a cinematic that we can download as an standalone since yesterday. But that cinematic will be in the game, or it looks like. I never ever iamgined we would have a new base texture for Geralt, despite me liking it a lot.What is not gonna be cool is new quests or an snow area for example and that mentioned 'better combat control' :(

arkray said:
What is not gonna be cool is new quests or an snow area for example and that mentioned 'better combat control' :(
Currently there is no plan for new quests. And the "better combat control" is a matter of preference. If you prefer a more action-based combat system, then you'll probably think RotWW is better. If you don't want to play a more action-based game, then Witcher Enhanced will have better combat.

To CDPR: Congratulations on the announcement of your new baby!I wish all of you a huge amount of success, awards, orens, and all the rest.To some of the rest of you: I am embarrassed and appalled by the responses of about one-third of the people here. If we had friends who were about to 'give birth' to their second child, we would all slap them on the shoulders and be genuinely happy for them. We would not be critical about the fact that they already have one, and we would never say anythingas awful as 'why do you want another one?' Yet, that is exactly what some of these folks aresaying about this new project. Worse, what some have said is that the first child is going to be neglected once thenew child comes. Now, I don't know many of you, but I would bet that all are capable of lovingeach of their children equally- strange quirks and all. How embarrassing it will be when those who play on the new systems come and see the reaction. How welcome are they supposed tofeel when they get here? Do you not see that this company is proud of their new arrival and they want to share?These developers and producers are working their behinds off, to provide the best quality products.When you spend this much effort and energy, you can't help but be proud of the results. Why can't we just welcome the new children, the way we would into our own families? Welcome, new sibling of TW and TWEE.

Don't see why all the anger, you have to understand how this works it's basically your average propaganda of course they are going to say it's better and superior, they can't bloody well say it's worse than the pc version can they, who will buy the game then, you don't use words like that in marketing worse, average, it stinks etc. Marketing, sales pitch, they did it like everybody else and some of you got hurt because you're jealous for no reason or because you are selfish and don't won't those stinky console players to play this great pc game on their console ]:->Now I can pretty much guarantee you this game won't be superior on the consoles UNLESS you are an avid console gamer and you hold that gamepad like it's a mouse, it's being tailored to suit console players not pc guys, Ninja Garden or Devil my Cry style probably, if you like that kind of stuff, I don't, then you will probably like the Witcher for the consoles as well, so chill :peace:

:eek: I'm not used to so many people actually reading my posts since they are often too long for the limited attention span of most people on the Internet.Nice to see, especially since I just came from another forum where my long post on a subject was basically overlooked and people kept repeating arguments I'd already refuted.Gotta love forums where people actually bother to read and write more detailed posts than "QFT, LMAO, Lol you noob" and the like.

Just finished TWEE ;D. (Amazing experience)In my opinion the game should be experienced by as much people as possible. About which version will be superior? There is no such thing. Every platform has its strengths and weaknesses. Personaly I am against various game exclusives, which forces people to buy additional systems. A game should be avaible on all systems and optimized for each. I am confident that CDPR will release another hit and get many sales. :)PS: Looking forward to other unannounced projects 8)

Haven't posted here much, but just wanted to say that is the best gaming news I've heard in a long time.I'm one of those who own the PC version yet never finished the game because of time, and wished that there was a console version so that I didn't have to sit at a computer workstation during my off time or have to place stress on my high-end laptop. I'll be picking up the 360 version on release day.Thank you, CD Projekt Red team.Edit: I bought the PC version the week of release.

TomOhle said:
TomOhle said:
What is not gonna be cool is new quests or an snow area for example and that mentioned 'better combat control' :(
Currently there is no plan for new quests. And the "better combat control" is a matter of preference. If you prefer a more action-based combat system, then you'll probably think RotWW is better. If you don't want to play a more action-based game, then Witcher Enhanced will have better combat.
I always believed that what made TW great was the story telling not the combat. And I like action, actually one of my top five games will always be Dark Messiah (that sold poorly on console), so yes, I would like to be able to have a better control in the sword combat AND the great story telling....

McAvelin said:
Well congrats to the console owners ;DBUT this isnt our Geralt, our Geralt has a bit hairy chest, this one doesnt, and his face is uglier ;D So don't worry, "consolers" will have a fake witcher, the only one, the real one is ours ;DGreat video, really great, I am OK with my EE version so far ;D
Uuuh, we want him to have a hairy chest!Someone should file a complaint ;)

munq said:
munq said:
Personally i like mouse and keyboard controls in a lot of games (especially FPS) but TW is a game that could actually benefit from a well implimented pad control system i think.
Nu-uh! :dead:
Well i understand that some people like the combat controls in TW but i think are very clumsy and immersion breaking. I don't see what the problem is though, i was asking if they would impliment the 'live' combat as an option for the PC players in future Witcher titles.

ManuKD said:
Uuuh, we want him to have a hairy chest!Someone should file a complaint ;)
Hah, so it's not just me... where DID the chest hair go? :whatthe: Further mutation? :hmmm: Seriously though, this thread is turning into the reason why I stay away from IGN and Gamespot's forums: flame wars. No one should be offended but glad instead that there are new projects that will make the franchise even more popular. It will only benefit everyone in the end. And really, if anyone looks at the numbers of systems sold, why not make this move? I don't think console gamers get this upset when titles get their respective PC versions. Shadowrun, Halo, Gears, Fallout 3, they've all had PC releases. FFXI was released on consoles after the success of the PC version. It's only logical to cater to the greatest amount of gamers possible, and assuming they like the genre, why not?

Top Bottom