The Witcher School Gear ?s For the game developers

+
The Witcher School Gear ?s For the game developers

I would like to know who decision it was to set the levels of the witcher school grea so high? I mean come on now most are having a hard enough tine getting to 30 level to get to go through every inch of every area to get even get close to 35th level. So that means that most players will never play with the Master crafted sets And those for which are able to take advantage of the Master crafted will only be able to use it for a very very short time. . I don't think that this here is right at all.

Now if rumors are true and there is in fact going to be a TW 4 I highly doubt that I'll pre order it. Because if this is the way for which your going to be doing games now is by restricting the gear to the level and then we find out that we can't even use the high end stuff cause we'll never get that high a level then it's not worth my paying $60 for a game that basically ties the players hands.

I would like to know who decision it was to set the levels of the witcher school grea so high? I mean come on now most are having a hard enough tine getting to 30 level to get to go through every inch of every area to get even get close to 35th level. So that means that most players will never play with the Master crafted sets And those for which are able to take advantage of the Master crafted will only be able to use it for a very very short time. . I don't think that this here is right at all.
Now if rumors are true and there is in fact going to be a TW 4 I highly doubt that I'll pre order it. Because if this is the way for which your going to be doing games now is by restricting the gear to the level and then we find out that we can't even use the high end stuff cause we'll never get that high a level then it's not worth my paying $60 for a game that basically ties the players hands.

Could it be because these armor sets will be required for the continuation of the game via the expansion coming in October. Just a thought. I understand what you are saying, I am simply attempting to justify their reasoning behind their decision.

Point being, we could definitely use more communication on this and other issues.

Devs are surely hard at work fixing things for the next patch, but they need an intermediary to do a better and more consistent job keeping us all informed.

Agreed. I think level 34 is too high for the mastercrafted gear and the level gap between enhanced (21) and superior (29) is too wide.

Hopefully this is something for which will be fixed in a very near future patch. Heck I just barely made Level 25 and that there was a struggle to get there. I've got about 12 quest left but they are level 30 plus. I'm going to have to do allot of grinding to even get close.

@ Josaline Don't matter you see with the supposed 30 hours for which the 2 Paid DLC's are that in one way going to really put us up to much higher. Maybe a level or two? No the TW schooled gear is to high and should be lowered.

I agree with the OP on the level requirements being far too high. I think 25 for mastercrafted gear would be more than fair considering the game's very slow level progression. I think I finished my first playthrough of the main quest at around level 22 or 23! I wasn't anywhere near 30 yet, that's for sure.

On the plus side, the gameplay itself is not greatly affected, but I was a bit disappointed when I realized I finished everything with only one level of upgrade to the Griffin School armor. I think part of the reason they did this was to give players a sense of continuity and something to work for in the major paid DLC, as it will likely add a whole, new, blinkin' main quest to TW3. I kind of like that idea if that's what's intended -- so many games release expansions that simply make prior weapons/gear obsolete.

Well now here is the way I think that it should be 7th level for the original gear 14th level for the enhanced 21 for the superior and 28th for the Master crafted as for the crossbows they should be 20th level and all current stats on all equipment and weapons remain the same.

Now they also need to change the quest for securing passage to Skillage Isles the first time as it is way way to high at level 22 If I remember correctly. You should in fact be able to secure this boat as soon as you've got the 1000 crowns to make the trip. Now the reason for which I'm saying this and you will realize that I'm right is due to the fact that @ Level 22 when you arrive even if you go look for Yennifer right off the bat and do the sitting through the funeral the first quest that you obtain right after that and many others for which you'll get is level 16 and lower. So that means that you are well over the level to do the quest and you lose out on all the Xp of the quests. I think I lost out on xp for about 12 or so quest. And this shouldn't be since it wasn't our fault that we weren't allowed to go there til level 22. So we probably lose a few levels there.

Also allot of us lost xp when when they were having a problem with the quests not giving xp. or I'd probably be allot higher then what I currently am right now. allot of folks have been finishing the game at 33 to 35 and if the fix the Passage to Skillage quest and take off the level requirement for that one there we shouldn't have a problem with level 35 or so.

Last edited:
Now they also need to change the quest for securing passage to Skillage Isles the first time as it is way way to high at level 22 If I remember correctly. You should in fact be able to secure this boat as soon as you've got the 1000 crowns to make the trip. Now the reason for which I'm saying this and you will realize that I'm right is due to the fact that @ Level 22 when you arrive even if you go look for Yennifer right off the bat and do the sitting through the funeral the first quest that you obtain right after that and many others for which you'll get is level 16 and lower. So that means that you are well over the level to do the quest and you lose out on all the Xp of the quests. I think I lost out on xp for about 12 or so quest. And this shouldn't be since it wasn't our fault that we weren't allowed to go there til level 22. So we probably lose a few levels there.

Also allot of us lost xp when when they were having a problem with the quests not giving xp. or I'd probably be allot higher then what I currently am right now. allot of folks have been finishing the game at 33 to 35 and if the fix the Passage to Skillage quest and take off the level requirement for that one there we shouldn't have a problem with level 35 or so.

This also happens because of that (IMO) stupid rule they implemented that "if you're 6 levels above the recommended level for the quest, you'll only get 5 EXP points, instead of 300, or whatever". Is this to prevent over-leveling? Then CDPR must be joking... People have a hard time reaching level 35 by the end of the game, how in the blazes will they reach cap Level 70, even with the expansions?!

I also agree that the level requirements for the witcher school gears are way too high...

Top Bottom