The Witcher Ultimate Collection

+
I think changing the engine from aurora to red engine 3 would be ridulous and not whorty. RED's won't do that and that's good...
...but...
Remaster version of Witcher 1 in form of storyline mod to witcher 3 ... i think that would be much much easier to do.
- Making a map in Red engine is easy and if you know how to operate it, you are able to make big, preety map in really short time (like 30 minutes, 1 hour max.), so i think theres should be no problem with maps and grounds.
- Fighting system is already here
- Models of NPCs also will be in W3 so that's good, only models of more important characters as Jared, Talar (and so on ...) need be done...
- ...and items of course, armors (all 5 or 6 !) and swords and weapons and rest.
The biggest problem is transfering the quests to game, it's tons and tons hours of work for modders, whole directory of cutscenes, camera's works, music, voices ... its lot of work ...

it will take them year to recreate witcher, atleast. I wouldn't buy it. They should rather create new RPG.

RaV47 said:
I think changing the engine from aurora to red engine 3 would be ridulous and not whorty. RED's won't do that and that's good...
...but...
Remaster version of Witcher 1 in form of storyline mod to witcher 3 ... i think that would be much much easier to do.
- Making a map in Red engine is easy and if you know how to operate it, you are able to make big, preety map in really short time (like 30 minutes, 1 hour max.), so i think theres should be no problem with maps and grounds.
- Fighting system is already here
- Models of NPCs also will be in W3 so that's good, only models of more important characters as Jared, Talar (and so on ...) need be done...
- ...and items of course, armors (all 5 or 6 !) and swords and weapons and rest.
The biggest problem is transfering the quests to game, it's tons and tons hours of work for modders, whole directory of cutscenes, camera's works, music, voices ... its lot of work ...

You are saying exactly same thing with me, just in a different way.. I wasn't saying that they should update the engine and release it as Witcher 1, (while that would be good, it may not be practical) whole topic is about releasing all 3 games in one package and on same engine.. There are ton of people who still wants to play Witcher 1 but couldn't, since it is not on consoles.. They would jump at the apprutonity of buying all 3 games with updated graphics for any price.. (I know i would) They wouldn't even have to "make" a map on red engine, they could just port the map from Witcher 1 with a few tweaks (Map still looks more than good enough) they could have the map on REDengine 3 in no time. (If modders who barely knows what they are doing could do that in a month, it should be no problem for CDPR, since they are the ones who created the REDengine) Porting the quests would be the hard part, but they could either do that little by little over time or get some outside help (remember how they hired the guy who made Witcher 2 user interface mod?) it shouldn't be that hard..

Just imagine something like this:

Moderator : Your pic isn`t showing . I hope this is the one you were going for .

No. What's the point? One of the things that make Witcher 1, is the fact that it's the Witcher 1. The engine is part of that identity. Remastering it would only take away from its charm and appeal. It's always interesting to go back to that game and see where the world was in terms of technology, game design and writing. Why make an HD version of it when you could spend the resources and time on making a brand new game.

If some modders want to take on the project, I ain't stopping you. But TW doesn't need any "remastering". It's already a masterpiece.

FoggyFishburne said:
No. What's the point? One of the things that make Witcher 1, is the fact that it's the Witcher 1. The engine is part of that identity. Remastering it would only take away from its charm and appeal. It's always interesting to go back to that game and see where the world was in terms of technology, game design and writing. Why make an HD version of it when you could spend the resources and time on making a brand new game.

If some modders want to take on the project, I ain't stopping you. But TW doesn't need any "remastering". It's already a masterpiece.

Sorry, no offense but that's the silliest argument i've ever heard.. Even if it was remastered, you can always go back and play the old version, nobody is stopping you... And if you are asking whats the point, that means you haven't read anything thats been written in this topic. (You can read some of the posts if you can't see what the point is, one of the points being game not being on consoles, REDengine 3 could provide that with ease, since REDengine 2 and 3 already has console support, and as long as they don't abandon REDengine series, they can offer support for all 3 Witcher games and any game that been released on REDengine and they can be updated with ease for years to come, just like Valve still does with Half-life 1, a game from 1998, ported to source engine and yeah, they just released an update 2 weeks ago. Game lost none of its charm, didn't lose its identity and is better for it.) Yeah, Witcher 1 is a masterpiece, but a game engine is like the paper one would use to make a painting, Aurora engine is more like a old piece of napkin while REDengine 2 and 3 is like a high quality canvas.. It would add it to its charm and appeal, not the other way around.. Witcher 1 does need remastering because it is on a crappy engine and that takes a lot away from the experience. Valve did it with ease, they didn't spent loads of money and resources for it either. Since everything is already there. Also, when was the last time you played the first Witcher anyway? Or watched the very original, non-remastered version of any movie? (Like Star Wars movies as it was made in 1977? With your logic, low quality we had back then is a part of the movies identity. As it was made and released.) Nobody is saying they should drop everything and focus on remastering Witcher 1 either, but it can be done without interfering with other games CDPR will produce.. (i can give you many examples of it being done) It is up to CDPR if they remaster the game or not and i wouldn't blame them either way, but it is a masterpiece on a napkin at the moment. If any game deserves a remaster, it is Witcher 1.

Call me crazy, but I liked the Witcher 1 enhanced edition more than the Witcher 2 enhanced edition. I felt like the Witcher 1 was more compelling and it was very different from other game of it's genre. It had a certain feel and aura to it. After playing for 1-2 hours I got emerged in it's different, dark, and gritty world. The soundtracks were specially remarkable in Witcher 1, and far more original and fitting of the Witcher world compared to Witcher 2. The only thing that I'd say was better in the Witcher 2 were the graphics and combat system. Witcher 2 was less immersing and less original, and it focused too much on politics, but it was a great game nonetheless.
I wish they remaster the Witcher 1 and 2 with graphical improvements and minor combat system tweeking and release it on the next gen consoles and PCs. I believe it should be done so the console players can experience the whole series and get the whole experience. It would also solve the save game transfer issue for console players or PC players switching to consoles.

It would be great if they do it. But truth is little to none can be remastered in TW2, it looks spectacular already, at least in my PC!

whats the difference in the engines?

witcher 2 was extremly heavy and bad fx used... Here is an example

I hope cdpr will avoid this kind of FX in witcher 3. It makes you think that the gpu have a problem!! You see this lines and small squares.

A remastered version would just be a waste of resources. Plus I fail to see any enjoyment in remastering an already done game. Sure the end product might be seen as better, but I cant see it as an enjoyable job for CDPR.

AserPik said:
Plus I fail to see any enjoyment in remastering an already done game. Sure the end product might be seen as better, but I cant see it as an enjoyable job for CDPR.

This. Those guys have worked on the Witcher games for 6 years already and gonna end up with 7 years under their belt when the game releases next year. I bet a lot of them feel burned out or just craving for something new to work on.

I agree, CDPR also delayed the moding tools for witcher 2, so there is no much attention to it, only 30 new mods appeared since last april. So its good witcher 3 to come with the tools, at least 1 month after the official release.

gregski said:
This. Those guys have worked on the Witcher games for 6 years already and gonna end up with 7 years under their belt when the game releases next year. I bet a lot of them feel burned out or just craving for something new to work on.
While working on developing a video game or a video game franchise for 7 years or more burns you out CD Projekt RED did say on one of their notes that they plan on supporting the REDengine 3 for years to come more than REDengine 2 and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. In 2016 CD Projekt RED plans on licensing REDengine 3 from what I have read. I don't remember where it was though also I think they stated that they want to support The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt more than 2 years as well. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt I don't really know for sure but REDengine 3 they did say years of support.

Personally 10 years to 20 years of support for REDengine 3 would be awesome heck for ever but that's asking for a lot.

But if Epic Games can do it CD Projket RED can to. Epic Games released Unreal Engine 3 in 2006 for Gears of War and about in either 2011 or 2012 Epic Games said that they will have support for Unreal Engine 3 for another 10+ years. Epic Games also said they started working on developing Unreal Engine 4 in 2003 and will release it some time in 2014 and said that they will also support Unreal Engine 4 for 10+ years so 2003 to 2023 will be 20 years that they will have been working on developing Unreal Engine 4 while Unreal Engine 3 in 2023 will be about 17 years.

VALVe no idea how long they plan on supporting Source Engine since Source Engine 2 will be released soon maybe in 2014. But Gabe Newell did say when Portal 2 got released I believe that he wants support for Source Engine for a long time as well in fact in 2013 VALVe released Source Development Kit (SDK) 2013 which has support for quite a few things compared to Source Development Kit (SDK) 2007.

I found the features of red engine 3...

REDengine 3 is new technology, utilizing the 64-bit precision of modern personal computing. The engine produces better quality computer graphics via high dynamic range rendering with the 64-bit precision. It also creates "more life-like" visuals — better graphics, better lighting effects, better in-depth views. Furthermore, it introduces new improvements to facial as well as other computer animation. Lighting effects no longer suffer from reduced contrast ratio.

REDengine 3 has a flexible renderer prepared for deferred or forward+ rendering pipelines. The result is a wide array of cinematic effects, including bokeh depth-of-view, color grading and flares associated with multiple lighting.

The terrain system in REDengine 3 uses tessellation and layers varying material which can then be easily blended

This engine screams " NVIDIA " by its own.. I hope they use flameworks also... They use lots of fire in the game and a gpu acceleration in cinematic fire effects, sounds good. They also say that supports AMD gpus..

fireworks video
lightening fx video

Ploutonas said:
I found the features of red engine 3...

REDengine 3 is new technology, utilizing the 64-bit precision of modern personal computing. The engine produces better quality computer graphics via high dynamic range rendering with the 64-bit precision. It also creates "more life-like" visuals — better graphics, better lighting effects, better in-depth views. Furthermore, it introduces new improvements to facial as well as other computer animation. Lighting effects no longer suffer from reduced contrast ratio.

REDengine 3 has a flexible renderer prepared for deferred or forward+ rendering pipelines. The result is a wide array of cinematic effects, including bokeh depth-of-view, color grading and flares associated with multiple lighting.

The terrain system in REDengine 3 uses tessellation and layers varying material which can then be easily blended

This engine screams " NVIDIA " by its own.. I hope they use flameworks also... They use lots of fire in the game and a gpu acceleration in cinematic fire effects, sounds good.
Well if CD Projekt RED plans on using REDengine 3 for years then of course it will get upgraded to use flameworks as well since Nvidia is their partner and offering lots of support.

Ballowers100 said:
While working on developing a video game or a video game franchise for 7 years or more burns you out CD Projekt RED did say on one of their notes that they plan on supporting the REDengine 3 for years to come more than REDengine 2 and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. In 2016 CD Projekt RED plans on licensing REDengine 3 from what I have read. I don't remember where it was though also I think they stated that they want to support The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt more than 2 years as well. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt I don't really know for sure but REDengine 3 they did say years of support.

Personally 10 years to 20 years of support for REDengine 3 would be awesome heck for ever but that's asking for a lot.

But if Epic Games can do it CD Projket RED can to. Epic Games released Unreal Engine 3 in 2006 for Gears of War and about in either 2011 or 2012 Epic Games said that they will have support for Unreal Engine 3 for another 10+ years. Epic Games also said they started working on developing Unreal Engine 4 in 2003 and will release it some time in 2014 and said that they will also support Unreal Engine 4 for 10+ years so 2003 to 2023 will be 20 years that they will have been working on developing Unreal Engine 4 while Unreal Engine 3 in 2023 will be about 17 years.

VALVe no idea how long they plan on supporting Source Engine since Source Engine 2 will be released soon maybe in 2014. But Gabe Newell did say when Portal 2 got released I believe that he wants support for Source Engine for a long time as well in fact in 2013 VALVe released Source Development Kit (SDK) 2013 which has support for quite a few things compared to Source Development Kit (SDK) 2007.

Yes, but supporting a commercially licensed engine is something else than re-making a game made 7 years earlier. The engine part is developed and maintained by their core development team and these guys are mostly programmers. I am talking about the creative guys - artists, designers and so on - they probably need a little bit of fresh air and new challenges, not going back to the same old same old Witcher 1.

gregski said:
Yes, but supporting a commercially licensed engine is something else than re-making a game made 7 years earlier. The engine part is developed and maintained by their core development team and these guys are mostly programmers. I am talking about the creative guys - artists, designers and so on - they probably need a little bit of fresh air and new challenges, not going back to the same old same old Witcher 1.
Oh I absolutely agree with you. I said on page 1 that I don't think CD Projekt RED should be touching The Witcher since it runs on the Aurora Engine and they do not have the full source code since it was licensed from BioWare. But REDengine 2, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and so on they can since it's their in house developed software.

I can't even see the appeal for redoing TW2.

You can build a monster of a game so far, but then eventually you have to move on to the next as something becomes the limiting factor. Be it the charm of the old games or the appeal of the developers.

Each game has its own charm and differences, which are apparent enough by fighting style an art direction.

For instance it seems that many people found the first game the best, in art direction and game-play.
However personally I found the second game more accessible by my opinion on the above and I actually enjoyed the bloom of TW2.

So by perhaps remastering the games and changing the art direction to suit the newer audience, the games will lose these specific charms and not be as great as everyone hopes due to producer motivation, regardless of how committed we know CDPR is.

AserPik said:
I can't even see the appeal for redoing TW2.

You can build a monster of a game so far, but then eventually you have to move on to the next as something becomes the limiting factor. Be it the charm of the old games or the appeal of the developers.

Each game has its own charm and differences, which are apparent enough by fighting style an art direction.

For instance it seems that many people found the first game the best, in art direction and game-play.
However personally I found the second game more accessible by my opinion on the above and I actually enjoyed the bloom of TW2.

So by perhaps remastering the games and changing the art direction to suit the newer audience, the games will lose these specific charms and not be as great as everyone hopes due to producer motivation, regardless of how committed we know CDPR is.
Re-doing The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings there is absolutely no point at all. Supporting The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a whole other story. There are still lots of bugs CD Projekt RED can fix. I still see quite a few Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) bugs, collision and physics bugs, graphics bugs, etc. for the collision and physics bugs I would like to actually see when you pull out your sword so your sword does not clip through walls instead it would be nice if Geralt of Rivia or any other NPC's when you get close to the walls you lift your sword closer to your chest or something like that. Same thing goes for NPC's like the Harpy's their wings should touch the walls and not clip through them. I seen it a few times and when the NPC's die their bodies clip through the doors and walls would be nice so that they don't.

Top Bottom