The Witcher Ultimate Collection

+
thewarsend said:
Yeah, i'm sure you are the high expert on the subject matter...
I think that until someone from CDPR rebukes Marcin's statement, it'll most likely be the most prominent proof of the projects expensiveness.

However, they could always just complete the RotWW and include it to some trilogy collection sometime in the near future if the engine is doable on next gen systems.

Would probably be the easiest and cheapest option. Maybe.

thewarsend said:
Yeah, i'm sure you are the high expert on the subject matter...
You can't just take a game made in another engine that is completely different and turn it into another engine. You basically cannot swap engine for engine by tweaking. However since Xb1 and PS4 are very similar to PCs, they may be able to port Witcher 1 to them with tweaking by keeping it's original engine but tweaked. And to port Witcher 1 and 2 CDPR needs the help of Microsoft and Sony programmers, since they are more familiar to the architecture of the consoles. I think if they all put their resources together a port of Witcher 1&2 to next gen would be easy and profitable for all including CDPR, Sony, Microsoft, and the gamers. But unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen. Hell if they do it, I'll buy the trilogy on the PS4 just to support them although I've played Witcher 1&2 on my PC.

Shawnkh said:
You can't just take a game made in another engine that is completely different and turn it into another engine. You basically cannot swap engine for engine by tweaking. However since Xb1 and PS4 are very similar to PCs, they may be able to port Witcher 1 to them with tweaking by keeping it's original engine but tweaked. And to port Witcher 1 and 2 CDPR needs the help of Microsoft and Sony programmers, since they are more familiar to the architecture of the consoles. I think if they all put their resources together a port of Witcher 1&2 to next gen would be easy and profitable for all including CDPR, Sony, Microsoft, and the gamers. But unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen. Hell if they do it, I'll buy the trilogy on the PS4 just to support them although I've played Witcher 1&2 on my PC.

You have no idea what you are talking about.. You talk as if one is one is a fighting game and the other is a racing game. Both engines have basically same functionalities. Both engines were designed to play a third person RPG game. They are not so different. Thats how modders are able to port GTA III onto RAGE engine. (GTA IV) Also, it is called PORTING. It is not done by swapping engines, where have you got that idea? Certainly not me. It is relatively easy to port maps and models, some of the scripts and the quests are the hard part. (They take time for one.)

Take a look at the GTA III RAGE Classic mod:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8R9TOuOM4[/media]

They ported the entire map to RAGE, there are other mods that port cars and NPC's as well. (Also, there are mods for Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories) The people who have done this, they do not work at any major companies, most doesn't even work in a position related to developing, most have other jobs and they do not have that much time to spare. They were still able to do it. I'm not saying it would be piece of cake, but it is relatively easier to porting a game than making one from scratch..

Also, another good example of porting:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-resurgence

They are porting Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines game, from a broken and old beta version of Source engine (2001 version, really buggy and limiting) to Alien Swarm engine.. (Latests version of Source engine available) They porting everything at once and Alien Swarm engine wasn't designed for an RPG, so it is going to take them a while..

It looks incredibly amazing. :)

Top Bottom