The Witcher Ultimate Collection

+
The Witcher Ultimate Collection

Hey everybody! This is my first post here, since i usually hang out around Cyberpunk 2077 forums. But i had this utterly crazy idea (that will probably never happen) and i wanted to share it with you guys. (For arguments sake, like i've said, it is unlikely to happen but a man can dream) Here it goes:

What if CDPR remastered Witcher 1 and 2 on Witcher 3 engine? (If or when they have time of course) And release it as "The Witcher Ultimate Collection"? (Like they did with Riddick game or GTA 3 Rage project) Both Witcher 1 and 2 are amazing games, but especially Witcher 1 has too many shortcomings (most caused by Aurora engine) and it has a bad (if not terrible) combat system. The Witcher 3 uses REDengine 3 and both Witcher 1 and 2 would benefit greatly from that. Just imagine Witcher 1 map on REDengine 3 engine, with better hdr, shadows, bumpmapping, Witcher 2 or 3 style animations and slightly updated models. With some other benefits from Witcher 2 and 3, like barbers and other stuff..

What do you guys think? :)

"Whats the point?" You may ask..

*Both games look better than ever, especially the first game suffered many shortcomings of the Aurora engine. Better combat, better AI, better visuals, better graphics, better terrain, better light, better animation, better cutscenes better hdr, better shadows, better bumpmapping and basically better everything. Just like the CDPR originally imagined.

*REDengine 3 (engine Witcher 3 uses) already supports consoles, so they will be able to sell their games on consoles as well. Console gamers will no longer be left out and they will get to play the game better than ever while CDPR making profits from these two ports for years to come.

*They will be able to offer support for their games for years to come. As long as they keep working on and updating REDengine, all these games will be able to get updated as well. (Since it is all compatible) Just like VALVe does with their games. (Half-life 1, a game that was released in 1998 and ported to Source engine, got an update, just two weeks ago.)

These are just "some" of the benefits, it would take long to list them all, but i hope you all got the basic picture..

thewarsend said:
Hey everybody! This is my first post here, since i usually hang out around Cyberpunk 2077 forums. But i had this utterly crazy idea (that will probably never happen) and i wanted to share it with you guys. (For arguments sake, like i've said, it is unlikely to happen but a man can dream) Here it goes:

What if CDPR remastered Witcher 1 and 2 on Witcher 3 engine? (If or when they have time of course) And release it as "The Witcher Ultimate Collection"? (Like they did with Riddick game or GTA 3 Rage project) Both Witcher 1 and 2 are amazing games, but especially Witcher 1 has too many shortcomings (most caused by Aurora engine) and it has a bad (if not terrible) combat system. The Witcher 3 uses REDengine 3 and both Witcher 1 and 2 would benefit greatly from that. Just imagine Witcher 1 map on REDengine 3 engine, with better hdr, shadows, bumpmapping, Witcher 2 or 3 style animations and slightly updated models. With some other benefits from Witcher 2 and 3, like barbers and other stuff..

What do you guys think? :)/>/> (Please don't be rude, if you don't like the idea, just say that and nothing else)
Sorry to disappoint you, but it was discussed before.
Personally I would like a HD remake+ bug fix, nothing less nothing more. I don't think CDPR will pull it out, it won't be 5 min to make job and will probably cost lotsa cash.

Well, I'm not a game developer but I think The Witcher 2 would probably be quite easy to "remaster". But The Witcher 1? They'd basically have to start everything from scratch. I mean the whole combat system, enemy behavior, interaction and whatnot differs so much from TW2 & 3. Costly and time consuming and I'm not sure it would be very profitable.

So, I don't think it's a good idea.

Yurtex said:
Sorry to disappoint you, but it was discussed before.
Personally I would like a HD remake+ bug fix, nothing less nothing more. I don't think CDPR will pull it out, it won't be 5 min to make job and will probably cost lotsa cash.

That's alright.. (But.. but i have a pool as well.. Just look at them awesome options.. Very classy.. Very awesome.. :) :D )

Yurtex said:
Well, I'm not a game developer but I think The Witcher 2 would probably be quite easy to "remaster". But The Witcher 1? They'd basically have to start everything from scratch. I mean the whole combat system, enemy behavior, interaction and whatnot differs so much from TW2 & 3. Costly and time consuming and I'm not sure it would be very profitable.

So, I don't think it's a good idea.

I completely agree that Witcher 2 would be much easier to remaster, but i disagree that it would be that hard to remaster Witcher 1. (Even so, it would be worth it, wouldn't you agree?) Also, i don't think they would have to start everything from scratch, since the enemy behavior of Witcher 2 and 3 is close enough (if not whole a lot better) and interaction is pretty similar (again, if not whole a lot better) Upgrading the game from Aurora to REDengine 3 would mean much better cutscenes, better magic and particle effects and many other great things, overall a much better looking Witcher 1. (Hey, maybe they could even replace those cards with proper Witcher 2 style animations. If they choose to do so i mean) CDPR gained much experience from their previous games, so i believe none of this would be a problem if or when they had time. Well, i'm not a game developer either but i believe if modders with little experience could do it, CDPR could do wonders with own their game.

I'm not saying it will happen, but we can hope. :)

thewarsend said:
I completely agree that Witcher 2 would be much easier to remaster, but i disagree that it would be that hard to remaster Witcher 1. (Even so, it would be worth it, wouldn't you agree?) Also, i don't think they would have to start everything from scratch, since the enemy behavior of Witcher 2 and 3 is close enough (if not whole a lot better) and interaction is pretty similar (again, if not whole a lot better) Upgrading the game from Aurora to REDengine 3 would mean much better cutscenes, better magic and particle effects and many other great things, overall a much better looking Witcher 1. (Hey, maybe they could even replace those cards with proper Witcher 2 style animations. If they choose to do so i mean) CDPR gained much experience from their previous games, so i believe none of this would be a problem if or when they had time. Well, i'm not a game developer either but i believe if modders with little experience could do it, CDPR could do wonders with own their game.

I'm not saying it will happen, but we can hope. :)/>/>
Sure. I would have nothing against a remake of TW1 in Red engine. Would buy it without a second though.

But.

At the moment I just don't see it as a necessity. TW1 in my opinion still looks beautiful. Maybe 5-10 years from now a remake would be more topical.

In a nutshell, I'd rather have them focus on new projects instead of lingering in the past. It's not like CDPR has unlimited resources anyways.

eskiMoe said:
Sure. I would have nothing against a remake of TW1 in Red engine. Would buy it without a second though.

But.

At the moment I just don't see it as a necessity. TW1 in my opinion still looks beautiful. Maybe 5-10 years from now a remake would be more topical.

In a nutshell, I'd rather have them focus on new projects instead of lingering in the past. It's not like CDPR has unlimited resources anyways.

I get you point, and i'm not saying you are completely wrong, but like Duskey said, even if they released it on 2017 (10th year anniversary)it would still be great. Like i've said, i'm not saying they should quit everything and start remastering Witcher 1, (Tough it would be awesome if it was sooner) but they could do it as a side project, little by little. (Like they did with Witcher 2, as you know they upgraded and polished the game over time, this is why they are so awesome)

Also, i agree that Witcher 1 still looks good, it hasn't lost its charm, but i has started to show its age (Aurora engine was already old) and it could look much much better. Just look at this:

(Click to enlarge)
And compare it to this:

And this:

To be fair, one is on fire! Literally! :D

And look at the beauty of this swamp!:

Anyway, if they could do it someday, it would be great, but if not, i wouldn't blame them, as i know they would be working on something equally awesome (if not even more awesome!) :) Until then, i will keep hoping.

Ugh. Swamps. WHY ALWAYS SWAMPS. I own one, IRL, ( no really) and I can tell you, they're mucky!

Err..also, good idea, Wars, yes, yes support, blah blah. Modders to the front!

Is anyone else still impressed with how good Witcher 1 looks like?

Maybe......some day . Personally though some things should remain a classic . It`s sort of like saying this is how we were when it all began , but oh baby look at us now !

Sardukhar said:
Ugh. Swamps. WHY ALWAYS SWAMPS. I own one, IRL, ( no really) and I can tell you, they're mucky!

Err..also, good idea, Wars, yes, yes support, blah blah. Modders to the front!

Is anyone else still impressed with how good Witcher 1 looks like?

Now vote dammit! :D

Sardukhar said:
Maybe......some day . Personally though some things should remain a classic . It`s sort of like saying this is how we were when it all began , but oh baby look at us now !

And Tommy! Nice to see you man! :D I was wondering where you were..

This is one of the most common requests, but Marcin Iwinski has said that remastering TW1 with RED engine would be a huge project, and I suspect the return wouldn't be worth the effort. Keep in mind the team has spent like 9 years on two Witcher games. I could imagine the collective groan from them if he said, "Guess what guys! We get to go redo TW1 instead of moving on with another project!"

TW2? Completely unnecessary since it already looks very good.
TW1? While it would be cool, it would be a vast undertaking considering they would pretty much have to make the game from scratch.

I'd rather see them focus their efforts on future projects, but I certainly wouldn't protest should they ever choose to do something like this although I really doubt they will.

Personally I think CD Projekt RED should just leave The Witcher alone. But support for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and the REDengine 2 that it runs on for many more years to come would be nice because well CD Projekt RED owns the source code for both of these unlike the Aurora Engine which was licensed from BioWare.

I mean VALVe is still updating their Source Engine ever since 2004 when it released still to this day today. Half-Life got a patch to fix quite a few things including the Player Character (PC) hand models in a patch about 2 weeks ago. Day of Defeat: Source, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, and Team Fortress 2 still get about 1 patch to 2+ patches a month still. Team Fortress 2 gets more patches though because it is a Free to Play (F2P) video game and I hate Free to Play (F2P) video games LOL.

Ballowers100 said:
Personally I think CD Projekt RED should just leave The Witcher alone. But support for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and the REDengine 2 that it runs on for many more years to come would be nice because well CD Projekt RED owns the source code for both of these unlike the Aurora Engine which was licensed from BioWare.

I mean VALVe is still updating their Source Engine ever since 2004 when it released still to this day today. Half-Life got a patch to fix quite a few things including the Player Character (PC) hand models in a patch about 2 weeks ago. Day of Defeat: Source, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, and Team Fortress 2 still get about 1 patch to 2+ patches a month still. Team Fortress 2 gets more patches though because it is a Free to Play (F2P) video game and I hate Free to Play (F2P) video games LOL.

Thats the exact reason why they should upgrade/port Witcher 1 to REDengine 3. If Valve didn't port Half-life from GoldSrc (modified Quake engine, they had one time use, just like Aurora engine, so it is a exact same situation) to their Source engine, none of what you said would be possible. That's how they can offer support for their games after all these years. CDPR could do the same but much better. And they wouldn't really have to make anything from scratch (or redo everything like some stated), since it is just porting and the maps, models, textures, voices, soundtrack and everything else is there. I'm not saying it would be easy, i'm not saying they should drop everything and focus on that, but if they could do it (and they should do it some day, since they now have their own engine as you stated) it would be amazing.

Well, at least we all agree it would be great if they could do it.. :) (Well, at least some do..)

That would be nice, but as I see W1 has aged very well. That and I'd be afraid of them changing controls ala W2+3 style.

thewarsend said:
Thats the exact reason why they should upgrade/port Witcher 1 to REDengine 3. If Valve didn't port Half-life from GoldSrc (modified Quake engine, they had one time use, just like Aurora engine, so it is a exact same situation) to their Source engine, none of what you said would be possible. That's how they can offer support for their games after all these years. CDPR could do the same but much better. And they wouldn't really have to make anything from scratch (or redo everything like some stated), since it is just porting and the maps, models, textures, voices, soundtrack and everything else is there. I'm not saying it would be easy, i'm not saying they should drop everything and focus on that, but if they could do it (and they should do it some day, since they now have their own engine as you stated) it would be amazing.

Well, at least we all agree it would be great if they could do it.. :)/>/> (Well, at least some do..)
Like Cs

I'd be happy if they made an HD remake of the first game, bundled it with the second, and released it for the first time on consoles.

whitewitcher295 said:
I'd be happy if they made an HD remake of the first game, bundled it with the second, and released it for the first time on consoles.

Yeah, that would be an added bonus, imagine that, Witcher 1 on consoles.. (PS3, PS4, XBOX 360, XBOX ONE and all that) They would make a nice profit off it, since they never before released it on consoles and it would be a nice excuse to release first two Witcher games on next gen consoles along with Witcher 3.

Maybe some modders could do that, but i dont think REDs should lose their time with it.
Releasing it officialy wouldnt be worth the effort and it would disvalue the original games.

Top Bottom