The Witcher Version 1.5 Coming Soon!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eriash

Forum veteran
The Witcher Version 1.5 Coming Soon!

CD Projekt RED is pleased to announce the upcoming release of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 1.5! The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 1.5 is the newest version of the game, including all bonus content from The Witcher: Enhanced Edition and five additional fan-made adventures. Most importantly, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 1.5 is completely DRM-free! Playing The Witcher will be even more fun without any form of annoying copy protection. Moreover, the 1.5 version of The Witcher will remove the disc check, allowing you to play the game without the DVD in the drive.All available versions of the game will be upgraded to 1.5, including the forthcoming The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut for North American gamers.As usual the patch containing the additional content will be available to download for free from our website for all registered The Witcher and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition owners!More detailed information will be released on our website (http://www.thewitcher.com) as well as on our Press Centre (http://press.cdprojektred.com) in the coming weeks.

Wow, FANTASTIC news! One of the best RPGs ever just became better!Thanks CD Projekt!

And that's another reason why you have become one of my top 5 fav devs ever ;).Cant wait for it!You deliver once more.

I hope we will see this patch on Steam version of the game too (I don't think so because CD Projekt RED can not live well with Valve's Steam), because game is broken now on Steam if you don't apply retail EAX/Blur hotfix. Game videos are black and you only hear sounds and see subtitles. You must fix this, thanks by the way.

Corylea said:
Cool! Does this mean that the Polish contest winners will have been translated into English?
That's a good question.... :) Will they be translated?And *ehr* my 1.4 Version is still playing without the DVD... so this is not really an innovation with 1.5... :whistle:Will older mods be playable with the new version (you know, that we had several problems with old mods when the 1.4 version came), will there be the same problems yet with 1.4 Mods in the new 1.5 Version?And, hell, will there be a naked Geralt in this new version? :angel:Edit: And what means "Director's Cut" for Northamericans? :hmmm:

Corylea said:
Cool! Does this mean that the Polish contest winners will have been translated into English?
That's one of the main conditions for an adventure to be included in ver 1.5.

Great news, always good to see more support for projects :)Can we hope for some bug fixes too though I wonder?

Intersting news, but I'm also curious about what exactly "Director's Cut for North Americans" means?Sex cards uncensored? Etc?

Flash said:
Flash said:
That's one of the main conditions for an adventure to be included in ver 1.5.
There were, uh, other conditions as well, one of which was that any "adult" content be removed. References to rape, homosexuality, domestic violence -- all forbidden. I know of at least two different teams whose modules weren't included because they refused to eliminate adult content.

Now thats interesting, considering the dark and amture world of The Witcher.On the other hand, the 1.5 Patch would be an Official patch with content not directly by CD Project and therfore they would need to distance themselves from it to an extent.Hmm, but very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom