The Witcher Version 1.5 Coming Soon!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question.I bought retail czech Witcher EE. I installed it, applied hotfix and walk-mod.The game (supposedly 1.4?) now works without dvd - it runs without dvd in drive, and I tried tutorial and also without problems.So....is this normal? Because I read that retail versions still had disc check, PLUS 1.5 should get us rid of disc check - but why, when it already works without dvd in drive? I just do not get it.Can anyone clearly explain to me what is the deal with disc checks in all the versions and why my retail EE works without dvd in drive?

These are great news! So, RED team gives us more goodies? Thank you very much, people! You 're the best! :wave:

Interesting news indeed.
Corylea said:
There were, uh, other conditions as well, one of which was that any "adult" content be removed. References to rape, homosexuality, domestic violence -- all forbidden. I know of at least two different teams whose modules weren't included because they refused to eliminate adult content.
Homosexuality removed? That is interesting too, because there was one conversation in the original game that hinted there's homosexual relationship between two people, even though it was probably just something the person said because that person wanted to shock, but still. And why is homosexuality banned, but heterosexuality is not? I am more than a bit disappointed actually. :wall: That is discrimination IMO.Oh, and there is a reference to domestic violence too in the original game, in something some npc says when clicked. Don't know though how strong reference is in question here, of course.

Eriash said:
All available versions of the game will be upgraded to 1.5, including the forthcoming The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut for North American gamers.As usual the patch containing the additional content will be available to download for free from our website for all registered The Witcher and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition owners!
Wait....Will owners of current censored USA versions of The Witcher and Witcher: EE be able to upgrade to the The Witcher: EE - Director's Cut?Or will they have to actually go out and buy Witcher: EE - Director's Cut to get the game fully uncensored?Of course, I'm assuming The Director's Cut will have all the content that is currently in the UK Uncensored versions of the game. Or, has more content been put back into the game that NONE of the current editions of the game anywhere have, as well?Hmmmm....are you saying the Witcher: EE - Director's Cut that is coming to the USA has received a M-rating here from the ESRB here in the USA with all the nudity basically put back into the game?I already own the Witcher UK Edition (Uncut) and ungraded to EE UK (which is Uncut) -- so, I'm not worried about this matter. But, I'm sure other gamers would like this all clarified who own the (censored) USA Edition of the game.

I'm buying the Director's Cut when it comes out because of this..I've held off until now..you guys are great. :)

Ubasti said:
Interesting news indeed.
Ubasti said:
There were, uh, other conditions as well, one of which was that any "adult" content be removed. References to rape, homosexuality, domestic violence -- all forbidden. I know of at least two different teams whose modules weren't included because they refused to eliminate adult content.
Homosexuality removed? That is interesting too, because there was one conversation in the original game that hinted there's homosexual relationship between two people, even though it was probably just something the person said because that person wanted to shock, but still. And why is homosexuality banned, but heterosexuality is not? I am more than a bit disappointed actually. :wall: That is discrimination IMO.Oh, and there is a reference to domestic violence too in the original game, in something some npc says when clicked. Don't know though how strong reference is in question here, of course.
I can assure you, that Evil Decision by the Raven Team is not on that DVD, we did not accept to cut off our movie with the sexscene between Yaevinn and Geralt.... :wave:However... you can download it here: http://www.hexenmeister-raven.de/witcher_download_en.html :whistle:

HexenmeisterRaven said:
And *ehr* my 1.4 Version is still playing without the DVD... so this is not really an innovation with 1.5... :whistle:
it is for Enhanced Edition DVD owners that had their DVD in drivebut, anyway, DRM removal from the game is something else, it's better, as TAGES was causing troubles even when the disk check was not needed :beer:

This is superb news and a reminder for me why I'm going to keep on supporting CDProject with their future releases.

I wouldn't say 1.5 is DRM-free if its installation process requires a registered game. When CD Projekt's servers go down one day, the patch will be useless if it uses the same method as the EE patch (unless you're never going to reinstall your Windows).

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
The uncensored version doesn't deserve an AO rating, so I'm glad it didn't get one.
I agree.I don't think it's graphic enough to really gander an AO rating, either -- I have the UK Edition of the game, BTW.Keep in mind though, Singles did get a AO -- and many didn't consider the uncut version that graphic.I wouldn't know, since I don't have any version of Singles.

MysterD said:
MysterD said:
The uncensored version doesn't deserve an AO rating, so I'm glad it didn't get one.
I agree.I don't think it's graphic enough to really gander an AO rating, either -- I have the UK Edition of the game, BTW.
I didn't mean to imply that your fear that the game might get an AO was silly. It was a valid fear, but luckily, the ESRB made the right decision. I also have the UK version of the game -- I used to have a friend in Scotland -- and it's just not that racy.

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Corylea said:
I agree.I don't think it's graphic enough to really gander an AO rating, either -- I have the UK Edition of the game, BTW.
I didn't mean to imply that your fear that the game might get an AO was silly. It was a valid fear, but luckily, the ESRB made the right decision. I also have the UK version of the game -- I used to have a friend in Scotland -- and it's just not that racy.
I have no problem w/ the AO rating itself.The thing is that major retailers refuse to sell AO games, pretty much -- Wal-Mart's, Best Buy, GameStop, etc etc.And when major retailers refuse to sell AO-rated games, how can the game be brought to the masses?Basically, only the Internet channel right?I'm sure any online distribution channels willing to sell AO games -- if Steam, Impulse, and other online channels wanted to -- might like that kind of exclusivity.But, how many people want to DL a game that is over 8 GB?Also, how can anybody take the AO rating ever seriously if the retailers won't give it a chance?It's pretty much how I feel about the MPAA's very own NC-17 rating here for movies in the USA.

One suggestion - place the patch to be downloaded on a different site than that site that is entirely in Polish. I gave up trying to download the extended edition from that site, and just went out and bought the game. :hmmm:

hmm so if I have the files for the uncensered edition all ready is there a reason for me to get the directors cut...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom